Thread: WDW newbie

WDW newbie

Hello!

What time of the year is it best to visit Orlando? I visited this week for work and it seemed to be a good time to go, but with Wilma, I couldn't stay.

Would Fall or Spring be best to return?

Thanks!

Re: WDW newbie

First two weeks of December is my pick. No crowds cool weather, and Christmas decorations.

January through the first week of Februaray is very nice as well, w/o Christmas decorations.

• Disney Memory Maker

Depends on what you classify as "best". Personally, I love the first week of July/Last Week of August. Crowds are big, but everything that will open that year will be open. Entertainment happens everynight and it's just a fun time to go down. Also, this year I caught the last week of Star Wars Weekends (which was so fun). So if you don't mind heat and crowds, I'd say the best time to go down is early July.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Monorail Racer

I've always loved going the first two weeks of December or later in January. The parks aren't open quite as late, but the lines are non-existent and you can ride as much as you like without endless waits. Because the days are a tad shorter and you aren't fighting the crowds, it's not as much a test of endurance as it might be during the busier times. Early November isn't bad and May can be a decent break between the crowds of Summer and Spring Break.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    So if you don't mind heat and crowds, I'd say the best time to go down is early July.
    Those are exactly the two elements that I try desperately to avoid, Mike! Every once in a while I'd be in town on business during the summer months, and of course would drop in during whatever free time I had. But the MK on an August day with max crowds and max heat and max humidity? It's just not fun for me. Or rather, the bad elements vastly outweigh the good ones!

I have 2 favorite times, both kinda right together. During October and November Epcot holds the Food & Wine Festival, with a collection of food and spirits booths set up around the World Showcase. It's fun trying to eat and drink your way around (I've never made it past America in either direction!). The other time is during the first 2 weeks of December. For whatever reason, this is one of the least crowded times of the year. And all of the Christmas decorations and shows start right after Thanksgiving. It's really an extra magical time to visit, and kicks off my Yuletide spirit just right.

I guess I'm attempting to avoid the big crowds, so I would avoid the summer months. Consquently, the hours would be shorter during the off-season.

Thanks for the insight, I'll continue to read on!

• Disney Memory Maker

If you go the very begining of October, that should balance out crowds and hours. Crowds should be fairly little and the hours are DMGM:9-8 AK:9-5 EP:9-9 MK:9-(anywhere from 6 to 10). The only days MK is 9-6 is when they have Mickey's Not-So Scary Halloween Party (and if you go to that, it is open from 7pm-12am). Also, the Food & Wine is going on and you'll see the osbourn lights up (although they won't be lit).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Hello there

Blog Entries

My favorite times are the first two weeks of December or the first week of September- thi sis when the kids go back to school and there are less crowds to content with- especially if you go mid week.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Cool, thanks guys!