Thread: ToT Question

• I love Disney

ToT Question

Hello All!! My family is taking a trip in August of this year. My son is unsure if he wants to ride Tower of Terror. For all you who have been to great adventure in jackson new jersey he loves el toro ( don't worry if you have been to gadv here is a pov link [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GMvlV6H-FQ"]YouTube - El Toro POV[/ame]
    Do you think he will be fine on this ride. He can tolerate big drops if its for like 4 seconds but he really doesn't like that butterfly feeling in his stomach. Thanks
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

Re: ToT Question

i'll think he'll be fine. the drops are fairly short, around 2 seconds or so. its just they feel a lot longer then they are. personally i think once he rides it once he'll fall in love with it.

• Pongo is my hero.

Free fall and big drops are really different- at least to me they are. Try and find a kiddie-version of a free-fall ride and see how he can handle it.

one hundred and one

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I think if he rode El Toro he can ride ToT. The only difference is the darkness- not sure how he is in that atmosphere.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

Hmm, I think the video you show is more comparable to Expedition Everest than Tower of Terror. How old is your son? For my kids, Tower of Terror is just too scary, not just the drops with butterfly stomach, but also the floating out of your seat, and the entire immersive experience that is designed to be scary, including a dark and creepy loading area, and a scary story about people being in an elevator that is struck by lightning. The ride scares the *&$# out of my kids. My braver eight year old finally went on in for the first time the last month. It scared her half to death, and she advised my scaredy-cat nine year old not to go at all. My nine year old has made it as far as the loading area a few times, and always leaves hysterically crying, begging not to go. My son did not like it when he was younger, but he likes it now, we're trying to remember, we think he started to like it around age 9 or 10. These kids like everything else, including Rockin Rollercoaster, Expedition Everest, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, etc.

Sorry for such a doom and gloom post! That's just my kids, everyone's different! Personally, I think the ride ROCKS!

Have a great trip

• Hello there

Blog Entries

Well in terms of drops- in speaking Six Flags it is comparable to what FreeFall was like (If you remember FreeFall)- except you go up and down multiple times, and the drops are not really as long as FreeFall was. But to that add darkness and spookiness- and you have ToT.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• I love Disney

I really don't want to get all rollercoaster nerdy hear but the flying out of your seat part he likes because on el toro there is a lot of ejector air ( makes your rise out of your seat) and he really likes that by the way he is 13 and the whole plot thing doesn't scare him.
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

• The Study of Wumbo

One thing: Tower of Terror differs from other free fall rides at amusement parks because your feet are not hanging off the side. You're in an almost enclosed elevator with maybe 19 other people. I think that makes a difference with how you feel on the ride.

I'm 14 and I've ridden it only twice, (I don't get to the parks often,) and it feels more exciting and exhilarating than frightening.

If he appreciates The Haunted Mansion, for the themes, and if he can handle some intense rides like El Toro, (which, by the way, I live in CT and STILL haven't gotten to. I love my Boulder Dash, though,) then he'd probably be okay with Tower, or at least like it after it's over.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• keep moving forward...

The ride is certainly exciting, but its not as bad as it seems at first. Much like the show its based on, ToT builds up a suspenseful atmosphere and really psyches you up for the ride itself, this process starts when you enter the line for the ride. The ride itself is scary, but much of it is caused by anticipation, first time riders know the drop is coming, however, like many of the series episodes, when the ending comes, and what it will be like is kept a mystery throughout the ride.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

El Toro is one of the best, most forceful wooden coasters in the country. Tower of Terror at WDW (or GOOD Tower, as I like to call it) is one of the best themed, adequately forceful drop rides in the world. I think he'll be just fine Let us know how it goes.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• Occasional Reader

Tower of terror is fantastic. Simple as that. If he likes "air time", then this will probably be your highlight. I could ride this all day.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Imagineer View Post
    I really don't want to get all rollercoaster nerdy hear but the flying out of your seat part he likes because on el toro there is a lot of ejector air ( makes your rise out of your seat) and he really likes that by the way he is 13 and the whole plot thing doesn't scare him.
    Oh. Well then I'm sure he's going to love it!

• Banned User

If he can handle a coaster like El Toro, he should be able to handle the Tower. By the way, everyone sitting on the elevator has metal handles on either side of him/her -- just tell him to hang on to those if he's at all nervous. Of course, us Tower maniacs raise our hands in the air every time, but that's not recommended for a first timer.