• I see in Muppet Vision

Smile My Senior Trip to DisneyWorld March 2009 (my first trip report)

Okay I would have posted my trip report a lot sooner (about 9 months…) if I had a Micechat account back then… But better late than never…So here I go with my first trip report…

So I went to an all boys private high school…(shoot me now) And our senior trip was a trip to WDW. But this was no little trip it was legit.

We left on a Thursday March 26, 2009 in the early morning. Since there were 380 of us we were on multiple plans leaving from both JFk and LaGuardia and landing at Orlando and Tampa.

Luck would have it that I was on the first flight out. I was required to be at my high school at about 330am. We got our luggage tags and signed in and off on a mini bus to the jet blue terminal at JFK. Although we were the first flight out we were of the lucky 2 flights that went to Tampa. So on top of the 2 ˝ hour plane ride there was also and hour and a half bus ride. Time goes by fast though when you are with friends.

Alas we made it to the Disney All-Star Movie Resort. (I have to say I was not all that impressed but it wasn’t bad... On my other trips to WDW I stayed at the Dolphin and the Double tree by Hilton) Our school had planned everything out. The travel agent and our head moderator were on the second flight out however they were landing at Orlando so they had planned to make it to the resort first. But… we beat them by over an hour and stood in front of the resort with our luggage just chilling until we could get our rooms and stuff. This was the only minor set back to the grand plan.

Once the head cheese was there. We were then given our rooms, 3 day park hopper passes, and a Disney gift card to spend around the park. I think it was kind of like the leftover money after we paid like $900 or something like that.

Very humorously… our all guys high school was placed in the love bug wing… haha

For those of you who question what a value resort room looks like. These are for you. Its small, motel style, but clean. I didn’t worry too much about the cleanliness of the room and need things to be very very clean.

I got my first pic with Disney characters! Woot ☺

playing with my camera color replacement feature I had no clue existed on my little canon point and shoot.

Off to MGM…. Or DHS…

Seriously the Hat needs to go…

my only shot with Tot…

we didn’t actually head down toward Tot and RnRc though… we got to the park around noonish and had to be back at the All-star movies at 5:30ish for dinner… So we grabbed some lunch by the honey I shrunk the kids playground. Some of my friends wanted to stay around and wait for our other friends who were on their way cause they were on the later flight. But I said heck no to that and took off with some other friends. We saw the Lights motor action stunt show, star tours, muppetvision 3D, the indy spectacular, and rode the great movie ride…which as old as it is still is kinda good…I was upset I didn’t get to rife toy story midway mania which had just opened up basically. But the line was insane it was about a 3 hour wait….It was then back to the hotel (motel…holiday inn… Idk why I just thought of the pitbull song…)

When we got back to the All-star we meet with our groups and individual moderator. Then once everyone was present and accounted for we boarded a fleet of coach buses that took us to epcot… Now this is when I should have had my camera taking pictures as we did not go the normal way to epcot. Instead the buses took us around the park BEHIND all the countries…I have to say it is kind of boring though… lots of gray. The buses then took us to a loop where we popped out at the World showcase entrance to epcot. Which like many of you know is where the boats from the Swan, dolphin, Boardwalk, Yacht, and Beach Club Resorts drop off guest bound for epcot. We were then led through the gates in a huge procession basically of 380 18 y/o guys by cast members with glow torches… to this massive facility between the Uk and Canada.

Again I wasn’t think and didn’t take nearly as many pictures as I should have… once inside there were about 50 tables all set up with silverware and napkins to accommodate the over 400 people with moderators that our group was. And there were multiple buffets set up with silver and centerpiece all to serve hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, potato chips, condiments, and cookies.

I only have a few pics from inside and you can’t see much. Oh and they had all the linens in our school colors… haha it was kinda corny.

idk what my friend was doing but I posted this one so you could kind of see the décor of the inside of the building.

After we finished our dinner we hung around for a bit. And then we were led out side again to the illuminations viewing area between the Uk and France. Which was reserved just for us. We spent time taking pics… Again wasn’t thinking didn’t take many pics. Illuminations is kinda my favorite so I didn’t want to ruin it by attempting to photograph fireworks with a cheap camera….

After illuminations was over we were told to stay put as they needed to let the park clear out a bit. But shortly after we began moving again. Heading towards Future World of Epcot.

So our school got us Test track and Mission Space open to just us for about 2 hours after the park closed. At first everyone ran to mission space extreme side and to test track so me and my friends headed to the gentle side of mission space first… why waste time waiting in lines when in theory there aren’t… So it was kind of lame. After that there was still a line on the extreme side so we headed over to test track and rode a many times…

then it was back to space this time for the real ride…

After a few more times on test track and another time on mission it was time to call it a night. The buses then picked us up right by those attractions…

After a good nights sleep it was an early start and out to the Magic Kingdom for a full days adventure for Friday. Like Thursday we were told that we had to be back at the all star at 6:30 this time (I think) for dinner.

I had been to Disney a few times before and the time before my senior trip I bought the unofficial guide to Disney world: mini mickey version. I found the book incredibly helpful. Following one of its guides for 1 day at the magic kingdom, my friends and I did the whole park by 4 pm.

First the stroll up main street….

jeesh tourists….

First up was Space Mountain. We only had to wait about 10-15 min and it move so it wasn’t bad at all…
    Buzz to the rescue!

So we kinda sucked…

Ahhh…Zurg Captured Me!!!

Our fav little blue dude! Right outside my favorite ride! The Carousel of progress…unfortunately I do not have a brain and no pics…. Idr if we rode transit authority I think it was closed when I wanted to ride it. And we skipped stitch…I have been on it before and its not very exciting…

So random small world pic…. After small world I believe we went to haunted mansion.

waiting in line for pirate…also basically a walk on.

Then we got our fast passes for BTMRR and waiting in line for splash mountain. When we got off splash mountain it was then time to ride BTMRR.
    Then fast passes for jungle cruise as we got lunch

So I lie about my profile picture… Its not actually the muppetvision. Its phillarmagic…

Monorail to Epcot
    Flower and Garden Festival Topiaries are so cool!

After Mozying around Epcot it was time again to meet back at the All-star…. Again we checked in and then boarded the fleet of coach buses… This time off to MGM for dinner… The buses again went around the park and this time we were let off right by the tower of terror and RnRc through a back entrance. Again there were tables set up up but this time in the courtyard in front of Rockin Rollercoaster. There were multiple buffet table all with linens and centerpieces the whole kit and kaboodle this time serving pasta, meatballs and sausage. It was actually pretty good for not being from NY. Haha

While we were eating and for about 3 hours we had Rockin roller coaster and Tower of Terror to ride all to ourselves as many times as we want!!!!! So awesome!

in the line queue for RnRc. My girl miss Miley Cyrus. ☺ haha

just chillin as my one friend got queasy from Tot… what made the night was one awesome cast member with an ice cream cart. He was throwing the ice cream at us! He was so funny. Screaming “IT’S A KadooZSIE” or whatever the name of the really weird colored ice pop is. haha

After another good nights sleep we had to wake up early on Saturday, for we were off on our fleet of buses to the animal kingdom for breakfast.

I don’t remember which restaurant we ate in but it was in dinoland. We had a nice buffet. It was good but I am not a big egg person so I stuck to the danishes… After Breakfast we then went over to Expedition Everest which was ours from when we got there until the park opened… I think I got to ride it a good solid 3 or 4 times before people started showing up…

Safari time…

Devine!

bored in line for dinosaur…after me and my friend got soaked to our underwear on kali river rapids…the three of us who didn’t want to get wet… got SOAKED! Luckily for me I had a change of clothes in my backpack… I planned ahead… they were practically vacuumed sealing in a ziplock… lol cause my wet clothes barely fit in the bag….

Back to Epcot for lunch in Mexico. “DONDE ESTA DONALD!” haha I still like the Mexico ride even though its kind of lame…

my friend should have gotten that hat…

So after lunch we walked around the showcase…went to the land pavilion, couldn’t get on soarin so we went on living with the land, then went to the living seas with nemo. Before we knew it, it was time to head back to the All-star to meet up with the group and check in again.

Since it was catholic school we had to go to mass. It was held in the convention center at the Coronado springs resort. We got there via our fleet of coach buses yet again. Then after mass, since our group was so awesome… Disney arranged for transportation to the parks and downtown Disney to meet us at the circle for the Coronado convention center. They brought in a whole fleet of Disney buses to our destinations. My group was bound for dinner at morocco in epcot so we hoped on that bus. We were able to fit in a ride on Spaceship earth before arriving at the restaurant…

Haha my friend wanted his pic with the sign FEZ house. Idky

And then we had our final stroll along the boardwalk…. (stupid low ISO)

That basically concludes my Senior trip to Disney World trip report. The next morning we were up and out early. It was the only day it rained however at WDW while we were there… unfortunately that meant delays at the airport… but oh well it was still an awesome trip!

Btw Tampa airport is boring in the rain… I was entertained by people waiting in line at starbucks though… haha

Last edited by LongIslandGuy; 01-16-2010 at 11:07 AM.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Re: My Senior Trip to DisneyWorld March 2009 (my first trip report)

Well i'm super jealous you got to go to WDW.

Bravo on your first trip report, very entertaining. Look forward to more of your future trip reports whenever they do indeed happen.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

You guys didn't visit the 2 water parks?

Great pic btw.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    You guys didn't visit the 2 water parks?

Great pic btw.
    no we were only there for 3 days and it was march so it wasn't really hot. I've been there before. They are cool. But i prefer the theme parks.

• Pongo is my hero.

Nice pics!

One question: Was that rhino on the road in KJS?! If so, awesome!

one hundred and one

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Scott View Post
    Nice pics!

One question: Was that rhino on the road in KJS?! If so, awesome!
    I don't remember... it was a while ago...i remember though that most of the animals were real close.

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandGuy View Post
    I don't remember... it was a while ago...i remember though that most of the animals were real close.
    Ohhh, still very cool though.

one hundred and one

Nice trip report!

Nice pictures. Wish I was there