View Poll Results: Relocate Fantasmc! To The Magic Kingdom...Or Should MK Get An Original Show?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Relocate Fantasmic! To The Magic Kindom

4 13.79%
  • Give Magic Kingdom An Original Sundown Show. Keep Fantasmic! At Hollywood Studios.

18 62.07%
  • No New Magic Kingom Show. Keep Fantasmic At Hollyood Studios.

4 13.79%
  • No New Magic Kingdom Show. Get Rid Of Fantasmic!

1 3.45%
  • Have Two WDW Fantasmics! One At Each Of The Two Parks.

0 0%
  • All of the above

1 3.45%
  • Other

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Relocate Fantasmic! To The Magic Kingdom...Or Should MK Get An Original Show?

So what do you think? Magic Kingdom has higher attendance than Disney's Hollywod Studios. In addition to the ireworks, I think The Magic Kingdom needs a spectacular sundown show of some kind. An original show would be great.

Feel free to discuss. I'm anxious to hear our views.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Relocate Fantasmic! To The Magic Kingdom...Or Should MK Get An Original Show?

Like you said, it has the hghest attendance so it doesn't need anything. It has Wishes anyway
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Relocate Fantasmic! To The Magic Kingdom...Or Should MK Get An Original Show?

Quote Originally Posted by MJMcB View Post
    Like you said, it has the hghest attendance so it doesn't need anything. It has Wishes anyway
    I do feel that Hollwood Studios needs Fantasmic! in order to help drive attendance there. In fact, I would like to see WDW make the show larger and more elaborate.

By the same token, as wonderful as Wishes is... Magic Kingdom could use another sundown spectacular...

• perhaps a multi media show that incudes special affects, water vehicles [and an anamatronic dragon like Disneyland's] in conjunction with real cast member actors...

• or maybe a show more like DCA's coming World of Color (that's mainly geysers, pyro, and water screens)...

• or possibly a combination of both...

• or something else all together different
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-18-2010 at 01:46 PM.

• Banned User

Saying that is has higher attendance so that it needs to relocate Fantasmic! is ridiculous. That would LOWER the attendance of DHS.

• Now with 5% more insanity

I actually agree. I feel like Fantasmic! fits more in MK then DHS just because of the theme. Fantasmic! isn't about the movies... it's about the magic of dreams. I feel like it fits theme wise in MK better. Also, I feel like maybe DHS could get a great new sundown show. What would be great is bringing the Muppet Show back. With animatronic's these days, it could happen. Plus, DHS already has a Muppet area.

• Mkcoastie

I can see the argument of Fantasmic not really fitting in to the theme of DHS. That being said, however, It is a kestone of the park. DHS does not have a lot of attractions, instead having a smll number of large key attractions and shows. If an appropriate replacement could be found, I would be all for an original spectacular at DHS. without a replacement, I fear that the removal of Fantasmic from DHS would wound a park that needs added to, not subtracted from. I also think that the money for this could be put into something something additional being put in Magic Kingdom (or in any of the parks, for that matter). Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of theamatic placement of attractions and I think MK makes a much better fit for Fantasmic. I would just hate to see DCA loosing what is really a draw for the little park.

(on an unrelated note....my grammer is awful.....)

•   
    • Seasick

Nah, why replicate the bottleneck conditions that Disneyland experiences during Fantasmic! showings.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Saying that is has higher attendance so that it needs to relocate Fantasmic! is ridiculous. That would LOWER the attendance of DHS.
    Don't think anybody said that I said that lower attendance at DHS is a reason to keep F! there. However, a new original show at Hollywood Stuios may be a wise move...in terms of giving the park more character.

Quote Originally Posted by BANANAZ View Post
    I actually agree. I feel like Fantasmic! fits more in MK then DHS just because of the theme. Fantasmic! isn't about the movies... it's about the magic of dreams. I feel like it fits theme wise in MK better. Also, I feel like maybe DHS could get a great new sundown show. What would be great is bringing the Muppet Show back. With animatronic's these days, it could happen. Plus, DHS already has a Muppet area.
    Good point. F! does fit the Magic Kingdom better. but, I would only desire the move i FDHS got a hgh calibr unique show of it's own.

Quote Originally Posted by mkcoastie View Post
    I can see the argument of Fantasmic not really fitting in to the theme of DHS. That being said, however, It is a kestone of the park. DHS does not have a lot of attractions, instead having a smll number of large key attractions and shows. If an appropriate replacement could be found, I would be all for an original spectacular at DHS. without a replacement, I fear that the removal of Fantasmic from DHS would wound a park that needs added to, not subtracted from. I also think that the money for this could be put into something something additional being put in Magic Kingdom (or in any of the parks, for that matter). Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of theamatic placement of attractions and I think MK makes a much better fit for Fantasmic. I would just hate to see DCA loosing what is really a draw for the little park.

(on an unrelated note....my grammer is awful.....)
    See what you mean. Certainly wuld liven things up at DHS if it had two high profile after dark outdoor shows. A firework extravaganza woul also serve as a good seconf show.

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Nah, why replicate the bottleneck conditions that Disneyland experiences during Fantasmic! showings.
    Little Disney's Hollywood Studios should be so lucky as to bear the burden of overattndance to the point of haing botlenecks.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Well, MK does have another nighttime show. I'd count Spectromagic as a pretty big evening entertainment draw.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    Well, MK does have another nighttime show. I'd count Spectromagic as a pretty big evening entertainment draw.

Whoops! I make some big bloopers sometimes. My bad.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-19-2010 at 06:25 AM.

• The Study of Wumbo

I think I read somewhere that they weren't able to do Fantasmic! at MK because the River and that whole area is smaller. I don't think it would fit too well.

Personally I'd be okay if Fantasmic! finished up and Disney's Hollywood Studios got a new nighttime show. I have some ideas, (revamped Sorcery in the Sky?) For one thing, I don't like how Fantasmic! in WDW is presented in a remote ampitheatre of bleachers. It's less magical, to me. Though I haven't seen F! at Disneyland.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• All-American

I wouldn't want to see the MK's beautiful Rivers of America torn up to make room for a viewing area. I'd bet that all of the foliage and boardwalks between Liberty Square and Frontierland would have to go, should Fantasmic come to the MK.

Instead, I'd like the MK to get a more central evening show, perhaps taking use of the castle as a backdrop, using lots of fireworks and light effects, and maybe even floats and fountains from the moat. Going even more blue-sky here... perhaps Cinderella would be having her coronation at her Castle, but then the Wicked Witch or Jafar interrupts it... and all of the villains try to take over the castle so they can rule the Magic Kingdom... but the Disney heroes fight them back from the towers of the Castle, and have a big celebration at the end.

I think a show like that could easily rival Fantasmic!

• Pongo is my hero.

Alter it and place F! in DAK. Focus more on the Dragon, Scar, Kaa, and Ursula.

one hundred and one

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I do feel that Hollwood Studios needs Fantasmic! in order to help drive attendance there. In fact, I would like to see WDW make the show larger and more elaborate.

At this point, I would settle for it to be back to 7 days a week (or more than twice a week anyway)
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Is it still only twice a week? Such an extreme cutback seems like a terrrible idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast