• I love Disney

WDW Imagineer question?

Instead of spending $60 to eat with an imagineer, is there any other places or events where you can meet imagineers for free or less than $60. If not is there like a certain park that is a hotspot for imagineer just roaming around?
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

• 1st visit 1975

Re: WDW Imagineer question?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Imagineer View Post
    Instead of spending $60 to eat with an imagineer, is there any other places or events where you can meet imagineers for free or less than $60. If not is there like a certain park that is a hotspot for imagineer just roaming around?
    That's a tough one. It seems at Disneyland there are so many in every little event but a bit scarce at WDW. WDW doesn't do a lot of previews about future stuff.

Epcot is the Florida home for Imagineering with their main offices behind Space. So there is probably a higher chance of an Imagineer wandering the park for a Crepe in France or Gelati in Italy. The hardest thing is spotting one. They don't wear suits and aren't known to follow name tag rules when grabbing a quick Dole whip.

Your best bet is to watch for events with Imagineering tie ins for Annual Pass Holders, Special Tours any kind of announcement Press Event.

Good luck.

• I love Disney

What do you mean Mission Space. And also is the office inside the park or outside of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timon View Post
    That's a tough one. It seems at Disneyland there are so many in every little event but a bit scarce at WDW. WDW doesn't do a lot of previews about future stuff.

Epcot is the Florida home for Imagineering with their main offices behind Space. So there is probably a higher chance of an Imagineer wandering the park for a Crepe in France or Gelati in Italy. The hardest thing is spotting one. They don't wear suits and aren't known to follow name tag rules when grabbing a quick Dole whip.

Your best bet is to watch for events with Imagineering tie ins for Annual Pass Holders, Special Tours any kind of announcement Press Event.

Good luck.
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

• 1st visit 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Imagineer View Post
    What do you mean Mission Space. And also is the office inside the park or outside of it.
    Yup, Mission Space. Behind Mission Space is a two lane perimeter service road. WDI is directly accross that street, of course you have to walk thru their parking lot. So this is just outside of Future World but within the Epcot security fence.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Or if they hadn't closed PI, the Adventurer's Club was always a good place to meet WDI folks. Or at least the "famous" WDI folks or the ones that were willing to talk/chat.

If you actually managed to see one in a park they're either A) working or B) you'd never know it...so getting a chance to talk to them would be next to impossible.

The $60 might be worth it if it is that important to you.

• The Study of Wumbo

It has been mentioned before on the Mousetalgia podcast that Disney should sell Imagineer Baseball Cards. You could see them all over the parks and never know they aren't a normal guest. How great would it be, though, to recognize your favorite artist in line at, say, Sunshine Seasons? And they'd have to keep releasing and retiring cards as Imagineers left and joined the company.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])