Italy at Epcot - Construction?

What is being built in the back of Italy at Epcot? There looks to be a 2 or three story building going up, I just saw it at night and my photo did not turn out.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Italy at Epcot - Construction?

It's a Naples Restaurant. They already have one in Downtown Disney in Disneyland Resort. Opens in Sept.
    -Bill

• DVC owner and loving it !

Smile Re: Italy at Epcot - Construction?

I believe its a quick service restaurant. I did the segway tour 1/11/10 (froze) and thats what the tour guide told us

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Pizzaria if you don't know what Naples serves. Nice to see Italy finally getting a quick service.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Took them long enough to put a quick service there.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

• The Study of Wumbo

I thought I heard the name "Pizzeria Napoli" or something like that?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Authentic Pizzeria to Open at Epcot?s Italy Pavilion Disney Parks Blog

It is confirmed now.

Great news – especially if you share my passion for amazing pizza. An authentic pizzeria will be opening at Italy Pavilion at Epcot later this year and it’s an attention-grabber.
    The new 300-seat restaurant will have traditional Florentine architecture, vaulted-ceilings and outside dining. And the food will be authentic — Italian dishes (complimenting the offerings at Tutto Italia ) and pizza from wood-burning ovens.
    The pizzeria will be the newest flagship restaurant in the Patina Restaurant Group’s portfolio. And one of the special touches at the Epcot location will be the water. It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.
    A name for the family-style pizzeria has not been finalized but we wanted to share this information with you first on the Disney Parks Blog. Construction is currently underway and the restaurant is scheduled to open in fall 2010. Check back for more updates.
    Here is what I like:
    And one of the special touches at the Epcot location will be the water. It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.
    Because apparently the water in Naples was unavailable for this gig.

I would like to see some of their dough with this special water, and without this special water, and see how much of this is "quick...claim something special so we can charge more money!" and how much of this makes a difference in taste.

And with Patina as owners, it won't be cheap to begin with. Though it doesn't say table service or quick service, I wonder if it will be a combo? That is the cool kid way of building restaurants these days (3rd party merch, quick serve and table serve combos).

But with 300 tables, premium decor and indoor and outdoor patios it has to be. Sounds like a quality addition at least in terms of design and theme (but then when someone else helping pay...why not?)