Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

New Beastly Kingdom news/rumors?

I have been in the vast group of people who have been clamoring for the official ground-breaking of the long awaited Beastly Kingdomme at DAK! I was curious if anybody had any more news regarding it. The last i heard, there was a rumor of them bringing over a Journey to the Center of the earth clone and using that as the major E-ticket. I dont object to them importing that ride, but i certainly hope there are some original ideas in the pipe-line as well. wasn't there something about them using some sort of an EMV-inspired boat ride as well? lets discuss!!

• Pongo is my hero.

Re: New Beastly Kingdomme news/rumors?

Well....

Last I've heard were Antarctica and Mysterious Island with an animal flare to set it apart from TDS'. But I'm not worried about BK dying. As long as there are fans of DAK there is still a need for BK. (:

I'm looking forward to Mysterious Island if it happens though. The thought of Everest being countered by a volcano on the other side of the park gets me so excited!

But nothing will probably be announced until the 40th or after FLand.... and even that's a bit of a stretch.

one hundred and one

• The Study of Wumbo

I was reading up on Beastly Kingdom, and one think I encountered was the concept for a roller coaster where you're traveling around the mountain home of a dragon looking for treasure, until you have a chilling encounter with the giant dragon at the climax of the ride, called, I think, the "Forbidden Mountain." Sound familiar?

I think they've been progressing on DAK without the Beastly Kingdom in the works, and many people might say that Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain counts as DAK's representation of mythical creatures. So maybe Beastly Kingdom isn't essential. Definitely, if it comes around it will have to have all new ideas than what was planned. I can assure you that any incarnation of Beastly Kingdom will be a fantastic complement to the other environments created at Animal Kingdom.

I recommend checking up on the Disney's Animal Kingdom page on Screamscape; they usually are on top of all the rumors. WDW - Animal Kingdom
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

If Beastly Kingdom were to be added to AK I would be so excited but it probably won't happen until after the Fantasyland Expansion in MK is finished because of the scale of that project. Also if this were to happen it'd probably be announced at the D23 Expo like the Fantasyland Expansion was...
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: New Beastly Kingdom news/rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    I was reading up on Beastly Kingdom over on Jim Hill Media, and one think I encountered was the concept for a roller coaster where you're traveling around the mountain home of a dragon looking for treasure, until you have a chilling encounter with the giant dragon at the climax of the ride, called, I think, the "Forbidden Mountain." Sound familiar?
    Nope. It was supposed to be a castle and the name had "Dragon" in it (I forget the full name of it at the moment). The coaster cars were supposed to be suspended and shaped like cauldrons or something like that. Pretty much that idea became what is the Dueling Dragons (soon to be renamed Dragon Quest) coaster at Islands of Adventure (IOA was designed by a lot of former Imagineers)... ever notice how detailed the queue is?

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    I was reading up on Beastly Kingdom over on Jim Hill Media, and one think I encountered was the concept for a roller coaster where you're traveling around the mountain home of a dragon looking for treasure, until you have a chilling encounter with the giant dragon at the climax of the ride, called, I think, the "Forbidden Mountain." Sound familiar?
    Many of those imagineers went over to IOA and designed Fire& Ice

Here's a bit i did about the Beastly Kingdomme plans

Mouse Extra Blog Archive Beastly Kingdomme; what might have been…
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I think the tragedy of Animal Kingdom (especially in terms of Beastly Kingdom) is on par with the tragedy of how Disney's California Adventure came into existence.

If Disney honestly wants to fight off Harry Potter, than a re-vamped, glorified meet-and-greet Fantasyland is not going to cut it (not that I mean to belittle what is to come...it looks great, but I am not convinced that it is enough). With Animal Kingdom struggling year after year, Beastly Kingdom would be just what the doctor ordered.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Pretty much that idea became what is the Dueling Dragons (soon to be renamed Dragon Quest) coaster at Islands of Adventure (IOA was designed by a lot of former Imagineers)... ever notice how detailed the queue is?
    Umm, don't you mean Dragon Challenge? lol

And that queue looks VERY different now. But yes, it DID have a lot of detail. The new one does too, but it's definitely not as creepy with all the bones in the rock work and all that. I can't wait until they open the queue up for the rest of the world to see!
    -Bill

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't care what excuses Disney tries to come up with...the fact of the matter is, this is Animal Kingdom's logo:

There is a dragon, smack in the center.

As long as that park continues without a dragon, it is false advertising. The logo is currently a lie.

Sticking in one dragon in the park is not going to make an attraction too similar to another theme park's attraction. Especially if one attraction has an AA Dragon as compared to ride vehicle dragons.

Disney needs to get on with Beastly Kingdom...especially before Universal decides to implement a Labyrinth Triwizard Tournament attraction for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Heck, it almost seems like Universal was being nice to Disney to give them more time to think of building it.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

....Just what the hell are those things? o_O Are they Mythological animals I've never heard of?

• Inappropriate

There is a dragon in the park!...It's just made of rock and no one really notices it. But it's there!
    But that's still no excuse. I want this Beastly Kingdom as much as anyone. I think the park relies to heavily on its live animal attractions, so after bedtime for the animals, there's only a few things to still do in the park. Bah.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

Walt Disney World's 50th...Featuring New Worlds of Wonder! Beastly Kingdomme, Western River Expedition, 3 New Epcot Countries, The NEW Journey into Imagination, The NEW Great movie ride, an expansion of Pixar Place, and Disney's new Hollywood Backlot Tour! haha. Talk about a multi billion dollar expansion. It's one we need though. Forget shanghai. WDW needs some love.

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    There is a dragon in the park!...It's just made of rock and no one really notices it. But it's there!
    But that's still no excuse. I want this Beastly Kingdom as much as anyone. I think the park relies to heavily on its live animal attractions, so after bedtime for the animals, there's only a few things to still do in the park. Bah.
    That whole cave there was supposed to be a scene in the River Boats, with a big animatronic dragon and action and stuff. Then it got downsized to the fire breathing cave and then the boats got cut so... yeah, not so much.

I agree that this area would be amazing for the Animal Kingdom. Just what the park needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Epcot2000 View Post
    Walt Disney World's 50th...Featuring New Worlds of Wonder! Beastly Kingdomme, Western River Expedition, 3 New Epcot Countries, The NEW Journey into Imagination, The NEW Great movie ride, an expansion of Pixar Place, and Disney's new Hollywood Backlot Tour! haha. Talk about a multi billion dollar expansion. It's one we need though. Forget shanghai. WDW needs some love.
    Don't tease me bro. Ugh, now I'm starting to lean towards the "we don't need Shanghai" side. Walt Disney World could use quite a few re-vamps, whether the execs will recognize it or not.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Dinoman96 View Post
    ....Just what the hell are those things? o_O Are they Mythological animals I've never heard of?
    Gargoyles, as I understand it.

Disney has over-expanded in terms of making too many new parks too quickly, and they seem to not be learning from their past mistakes.

When Eisner came on board, he went crazy. He wanted to build, build, build! But halfway through he chickened out, and shortchanged a lot of the new parks. Look at DCA's story...you go from the potential of something along the lines of DisneySea or WestCot to a park featuring restaurants and shopping. Disneyland Paris hit them all very hard...

And yet, while Disney has finally acknowledged that they screwed up with DCA and are now spending an exorbitant amount to "fix" it, they still insist on building new properties when their current ones need TLC. Shanghai and Hong Kong may be far apart, but they will still be competing with one another. A few new lands and attractions will certainly help Hong Kong, but then where does that leave Shanghai? What do they plan on building there? Will it measure up?

And in the meantime, Disney has other parks that need help on the rest of the planet.

To top it off, we're in a major recession...so bad that we haven't seen something like this since the Great Depression.

I don't know, it all seems really irresponsible to me. I feel like I have better business sense than the current team at Disney. But I'm just a Disney fan who never went to business school.

In any case, I think WDW - especially AK - needs some serious love. Beastly Kingdom would give all other theme parks a run for their money, no question. I'll even go so far to say that it would be a better investment (for Disney and fans alike) than a Western River Expedition/Thunder Mesa expansion (and I greatly revere Marc Davis).

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post

When Eisner came on board, he went crazy. He wanted to build, build, build!
    Not to mention so many of his promises were broken/never made....

Hello Tomorrowland 2055.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast