Hello all WDW experts!
Our family is staying at the Pop Century and looking forward to a long fun-filled vacation from March 20th-April 3rd. I expect it to be fairly busy at all the parks, but can't really go any other time since my 7yo son can't miss too much school (out for 4 days). Anyhow, I'm not going to rent a car and am choosing to to use Disney transportation for everything.
After reading up, I found that you can use buses, monorails, and boats to get around. Each park (as well as Downtown Disney and the TTC) acts as a hub. You can't get from resort to resort without going through a hub. If I need to go to another resort (other than my own), I assume that the best method is to choose the closest hub to my destination and transfer from there.
The confusing part for me is...
I know there are a few different ways to get everywhere, but which is ideal? Are there any special tips or tricks to getting around that may shave off travel time?
- How do you choose the best form of transporation when going from one resort to another? E.g. Pop Century to the Polynesian. Take a bus to MK, then take the Monorail? Take a bus to MK, then walk? How about going back?
- Any reason to avoid the parks as hubs instead choosing to go to the TTC?
- Should you avoid the TTC?
- When would you want to use a boat to get from one place to another?
- Is there a chart or some type of guide to show the ideal way(s) to get from one place to another? If not, this could be an invaluable document if someone were to create.
I expect it to be kinda crazy going from place to place, but would like to minimize the pain (especially for my family who may not have as much patience as I do). Thank you for all your advice in advance!!!