Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: It was only a matter of time... [Mother of Monorail Crash Driver Sues Disney]

I'm really sad both ways on this incident. I'm sad that Disney didn't step up to the plate to apologize and take care of this in the way they should, because I want to work for them and them not stepping up to the plate means corporate culture isn't really there...it's just an image. Also I'm sad that the mom feels she has to sue to get what should have just been given to her. I've heard that not suing is better because the company will take care of you; but I guess not in this case. It's a crummy thing to happen, but even a 30 million dollar settlement won't bring back loved ones...

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: It was only a matter of time... [Mother of Monorail Crash Driver Sues Disney]

I'm not really sure what you expected, aznshrek88. Did you want Disney to just go to the mom and say "Sorry we killed your kid - here's 10 million dollars"? It just doesn't work like that. If there were any medical expenses, I'm sure Disney stepped up to take care of those. But any monies after that limited situation would have to be handled in the courts. And with the drama of a lawsuit pending, Disney is in no way going to speak out and admit fault, nor should any of us expect them to. What they should do is fix the problems with their procedures, and it appears that they have done so.

• is too darn hot.

I am usually not a fan of lawsuits, but this one in particular I am in support of. I don't know if it is Disney's fault or if it was human error on the part of the other pilot or monorail central, but either way Disney should be liable. I do think they should install rearview cameras on the monorails at WDW as they did here in California, however.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Disney Pure-ist

I wish there were NO LAWYERS in the World. Everyone represent themselves. Then there would be absolute justice, based on your understanding of the law, AND presenting factual evidence to be reviewed. That way, nobody could buy their ways to freedom/riches through greedy corrupt mouthpieces, also known as lawyers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123