Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

D23 Spring Edition Reveals Dumbo Coaster Theme and Hints at Anniversary Celebration!

According to WDW News Today,the D23 Spring edition states that the Barnstormer will be re-themed to clowns. They also quote the D23 article saying:

-And-drumroll please-Fantasyland forest won’t be limited to four neighborhoods for very long. Although the new expansion is slated to open in the fall of 2012, at the tail end of Walt Disney World’s 40th anniversary celebration, Imagineers already have their eyes on 2013, when Pixie Hollow will bring Tinker Bell and her fairy friends to Fantasyland Forest in the expansion’s second phase.
    Which alludes that Disney is planning for something for WDW's 40th.

Here is [part of the] article,from WDW News Today:
    The Spring 2010 issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine features a huge article on the Fantasyland Forest expansion (as it is now being referred to according to the article), featuring some never before released details on the project. Here are just a few interesting notes from the article that should be arriving in members mailboxes any day now:

-In early 2006, Walt Disney Imagineering’s Eric Jacobson, creative lead for the Walt Disney World portfolio, and members of WDI’s Blue Sky Studio, led by Jon Georges, began brainstorming new E-ticket-like attractions for the Magic Kingdom. Imagineering’s creative leaders quickly determined that a bold reimagining of Fantasyland would have a far greater and longer-lasting impact on the Magic Kingdom experience than any one E-ticket attraction could ever hope to make.

-That physical separation is a stone wall that will lead from Fantasyland proper into a heavily forested realm that will be far more organic and natural than the bricks, mortar, and asphalt of the existing land. “The expansion area won’t be built over the Utilidor,” Eric says, “so we’re able to plant trees and create water features, which we were never able to do with the rest of Fantasyland.”

-The expansion, which has come to be known as Fantasyland Forest, will provide more fully realized homes for such longtime Magic Kingdom residents as Ariel and Dumbo as well as make room for some new additions to the neighborhood, from Belle and east to Tinker Bell and the fairies of Pixie Hollow. And that was part of the Imagineering team’s goal from the beginning.
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-01-2010 at 05:41 PM. Reason: article trimmed for copyright
    WDW Vacationer-Vacationing November 21-22,2009!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

Re: The Spring 2010 issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine features a huge article on

Clowns. Argh.

Re: The Spring 2010 issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine features a huge article on

I messed up on the title,can it be changes to D23 Spring Edition Reveals Dumbo Coaster Theme and Hints at Anniversary Celebration!
    WDW Vacationer-Vacationing November 21-22,2009!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

According to WDW News Today,the D23 Spring edition states that the Barnstormer will be re-themed to clowns.
    Clowns? CLOWNS?!

Clowns are EVIL!!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yeah I am not so sure about clowns...that doesn't really scream "Disney" or "Dumbo" to me. Eh. I just don't think clowns is the best way to go.

That article didn't share anything new, it just confirmed what we knew. One attraction, things cut back (for the first phase) and that Disney doesn't use simple catchy names anymore.

Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid doesn't roll off the tongue like "Splash Mountain" does it?

Though I do have to say, I think we can thank that article for a new drinking game. Someone reads it aloud, and every time they say "Immersive" everyone else takes a shot. Can anyone survive till the end?

• Who are you again?

oh great, one of my first roller coasters is being re-themed to * dramatic pause* Clowns
    why......WHY!!!!!
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Minion

The only way around this is if its Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy in clown costumes - just like the DLP circus parade a few years back.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

I can't wait to see this all in person. We've been waiting quite a while for a Fantasyland update. Its going to be a great thematic experience.

What are they thinking with clowns??? unless they try to make it like Dumbo themed in some quasi sense of reality I really don't see it fitting with the Princessesque theme of the overall rethemeing...

But it'll be interesting to say the least, that's for sure
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

i may be the only one here but i think clown fit well in the Dumbo section of the expansion. The queue/waiting area for Dumbo ride will be one big circus tent.

I actually think that if it works there i might not mind seeing a walk around Dumbo in Paradise Pier at DCA. They could even have a small little show similar to the way they do the army men show on the pier. They could have a few clowns and Dumbo roll out into the area and entertain the guests.

There is room in front of the midway games and they could tie it in to the fire brigade theme

• Minion

I think this makes good sense. No point in keeping a Barnstormer without the rest of TTF.
    Down with the Hat

• Occasional Reader

themed 'to' clowns, or 'by' clowns ?
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    i may be the only one here but i think clown fit well in the Dumbo section of the expansion. The queue/waiting area for Dumbo ride will be one big circus tent.

I actually think that if it works there i might not mind seeing a walk around Dumbo in Paradise Pier at DCA. They could even have a small little show similar to the way they do the army men show on the pier. They could have a few clowns and Dumbo roll out into the area and entertain the guests.

There is room in front of the midway games and they could tie it in to the fire brigade theme
    The clown theme "may" fit, but aren't a lot of kids/people afraid of clowns? I know my kids were.
    I want my cake back!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Not just the clowns, there is more to it... think of the movie and I'm sure you'll figure out what scene they want to base the coaster on. It REALLY sticks out when you watch the film... at least it did for me and WDI.
    -Bill

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Lots of fire and water effects on a kiddie coaster? Sounds like fun to terrify small children.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 02-05-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast