Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dinoland U.S.A. Makeover....

Hey ya folks,
    today i will present you my idea of an makeover of Dinsoland U.S.A., i think this is the ugliest Land of Animal Kingdom, also i think this Land has a lot of potential.
    As seen in some conceptarts WDI had envisoned great Attractions for this Land.

I separated Dinoland into 2 Parts as you can see in the below picture.
    Brown will be The Boneyard area, and Green the Dinoinstitute area.

Letīs start with the Boneyard area.
    Here you will have two new Attractions, a new Show, Shop and Restaurant.
    The first attraction will be something for the kids. TriceraTop Spin will get rethemed into Pteranodon Spin.

The second Attraction will be The Excavator, WDI designed that coaster.

A new Theatre will also get build to host a show similar to Walking With Dinosaurs!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f30w2daZUJs]YouTube - Walking With Dinosaurs - Promo Video[/ame]

Now letīs go to the Dinoinstitute area.
    Here you will find also Shops, Restaurants, and two Attractions.
    The first one will be Jungle Cruise with Dinosaurs also designed by WDI.

The second Attraction will be a Water Coaster, you enter the Attraction at the new Institute building, there you will take a Journey Through theyīre Laboratory. The end part of the Attraction will begin with the Big Drop then you enter the Dino Garden (conected with the Jungle Cruise Attraction)

So thatīs it....

Re: Dinoland U.S.A. Makeover....

I've never seen that Dinosaur Jungle Cruise concept art before... That would have been great!

• Tomorrow's Child

^ditto. Almost makes me think they should have done that instead of Countdown to Extinction.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• The Study of Wumbo

It sounds like a pretty good idea. A little more similar to the Jurassic Park area at Universal Studios.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

That is from the time travel ride in Discovery Bay right? I have never seen the storyboards for it before.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

This would be a massive improvement. Where did you get the info/images about the Dino Jungle Cruise?

Thanks for the comments, i think this i the only way to get enough new rides and a great expiriance of Disnoland U.S.A. I got the pics from Disney and More, here ist the link
    Disney and more: A Tribute to Tom Thordarson - a.k.a " THOR " - Artwork - Part Two : Dinosaurs Ride Concepts

• Life Long Disney Fan

The only thing is that the current Dinoland is modeled after Route 66, and that is kind of why it seems as tacky as it is. However, I would not object to any changes they make. I'm not really attached to the area. Just pointing out some of the reasoning behind the current theming.

Soo many cool rides could be put into Animal Kingdom! Lets hope the land doesn't go to waste
    -Tyler

• Now with 5% more insanity

I would love to see an area where kids could interact a bit with AA dinosaurs. Maybe a little bit like Lucky, but stationary. Perhaps a hatchery where baby dinos could be exhibited? It would be a great educational oprotunity for kids, and plus, I imagine that they could add a couple of humorous elements, such as baby dinos spitting at random times. Maybe they could have cast members have jr. dinokeepers, which are kids who are supposed to help out take care of the "dinos". I'd like it a lot more then what's there now.

Also, does anyone know if the raptor fountain behind Dinosaur works? When I went there, it wasn't working and I thought that it would be cool if they set it to a touch trigger and hide a speaker in it's snout so when it's touched, it growls and starts spurting water from it's mouth.

• Pongo is my hero.

WOW, I love the Walking with Dinosaur videos.

Just don't demolish Chester and Hester's Gift Shop. Leave that as a token of respect for what was once there. That shop is amazing.

one hundred and one

• Not a Crook

I don't mind Chester and Hester's as a sort of gateway area, if what came after was something truly spectacular as you're describing. Especially the Dinosaur Jungle Cruise, since it was replace Dinousaur, which even my scary-ride immune girlfriend found just loud and annoying (and I refused to get within a mile of).

I always thought the Excavator sounded cool, though I wonder if Disney wants another coaster in Animal Kingdom for a while after Everest.

• Addicted to Disney

I like this idea great, it would be a major improvement over what you guys have now. But, I think it's fine the way it is right now.

• All-American

This would be great! I would much prefer this to the Dinoland that exists right now - especially if were to get rid of Hester and Chester's Dino-Rama.

• We'll hold them at bay

It may be cheesy but I always have fun riding Primeval Whirl
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast