Itinerary: Suggestions?

I am taking my daughter to WDW for her birthday, and have come up with this itinerary. I have all the reservations made, but they are change-able. If anyone has any input, or ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them.

We did the "Give a Day" promotion (actually, we did it today) - and were planning to use the vouchers for the all day fast passes. We'll get one on the 19th for Animal Kingdom and the other for Magic Kingdom on the 22nd.

Anyway: here's what I have planned

Sat 4-17 Arrive 11:15 - head to DHS Dinner at Prime Time Diner (Not married to this idea: any suggestions appreciated)

Sun 4-18 Epcot @ Opening Lunch @ Aker Haus 12:20: go to Magic Kingdom After Lunch (stay for MK Extra Magic Hours?)

Mon 4-19 Animal Kingdom All Day (Park Closes 7pm) Head to Fort Wilderness for dinner and Chip 'n' Dale's Campfire Sing-a-Long & Movie

Tues 4-20 AM, go to Magic Kingdom Dinner @ Crystal Palace After Dinner, go to DHS Stay for Fantasmic

Wed 4-21 Epcot all Day, Dinner @ Garden Grill maybe go to Animal Kingdom for evening Extra Magic Hours

Thur 4-22 (Sophie's Birthday) Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours AM stay all day: Dinner @ Royal Table

Fri 4-23 Hit whichever Park we want to see more of - Go To Epcot for Fireworks, Extra Magic Hours 9-midnight

Sat 4-24 Ohana Breakfast - Hit whichever Park we want to see more of - Leave for Airport @4

I think this sounds pretty goof - like I said, any ideas appreciated.

• Misses WDW

Re: Itinerary: Suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by santadog View Post
    I am taking my daughter to WDW for her birthday, and have come up with this itinerary. I have all the reservations made, but they are change-able. If anyone has any input, or ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them.

We did the "Give a Day" promotion (actually, we did it today) - and were planning to use the vouchers for the all day fast passes. We'll get one on the 19th for Animal Kingdom and the other for Magic Kingdom on the 22nd.

Sat 4-17 Arrive 11:15 - head to DHS Dinner at Prime Time Diner (Not married to this idea: any suggestions appreciated)

Sun 4-18 Epcot @ Opening Lunch @ Aker Haus 12:20: go to Magic Kingdom After Lunch (stay for MK Extra Magic Hours?)

Mon 4-19 Animal Kingdom All Day (Park Closes 7pm) Head to Fort Wilderness for dinner and Chip 'n' Dale's Campfire Sing-a-Long & Movie

Tues 4-20 AM, go to Magic Kingdom Dinner @ Crystal Palace After Dinner, go to DHS Stay for Fantasmic

Wed 4-21 Epcot all Day, Dinner @ Garden Grill maybe go to Animal Kingdom for evening Extra Magic Hours

Thur 4-22 (Sophie's Birthday) Magic Kingdom for Extra Magic Hours AM stay all day: Dinner @ Royal Table

Fri 4-23 Hit whichever Park we want to see more of - Go To Epcot for Fireworks, Extra Magic Hours 9-midnight

Sat 4-24 Ohana Breakfast - Hit whichever Park we want to see more of - Leave for Airport @4

Sounds like fun!

The last few times we've gone and eaten at Prime time, the experience and food have been below our expectations. If you opted out of Prime Time Diner, Sci Fi is a lot of fun..Really, I've never been horrible impressed with an of DHS's food options. Is leaving an option? If so, you could take the boat to Beach Club and do the clam bake/dinner buffet. If there is any way to work Ohana in for Dinner, you could time it to the MK fireworks and sit by the window.

Enjoy your trip

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

You have a lot of great meal choices. Your daughter should really enjoy everything that you have chosen. Then only thing that I question is your choice on 4-21 to leave Epcot, and head to Animal Kingdom for their Late EMH. I was at ANimal Kingdom for their EMH this past Summer, and there really wasn't anything too attractive about it.

I'd spend your entire day at Epcot, and enjoy Illuminations instead.
    I'm Going To Disneyland ! - May 11, 2015 - May 16, 2015

My first choice for Saturday was/is Mickey's Backyard Bar-B-Que --- but it seems to be pretty well booked.
    We are in no way "committed" to Saturday at DHS: I just thought that since we won't be getting into a park before about 1PM, that that park would be less crowded over-all.

Thanks for the tip on AK at night. I had heard/read that the evening safari was pretty cool, and that the whole park had a different feel to it at night. We'll probably stay put at Epcot

I love it!!! I've never been much of a Park-Hopper, but if your up for it! *jelousy sets in* You are going to two of my favorite restaurants! But if you don't know, dinner at Royal Table doesn't have the princesses, just the Fairy Godmother, Suzy and Perla (the girl mice). I went to diner at Royal Table simply because I love the Fairy Godmother. Lunch is the only time with all the princesses.

Cyrstal Palace is great! The Pooh characters always enchant and they're all there, all the time. If your Magic Kingdom and you want a great sit down place to eat lunch instead of quick-service, Tony's Town Square is a great place to have lunch, and you can watch the afternoon parade comftorably from the terrece while you eat! (if you're there at the right time) The inside even has two dogs enjoying a very long speghetti noodle. . .

Happy Birthday to Sophie!!! I hope she has a magical birthday full of Pixie Dust.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMyDear View Post
    But if you don't know, dinner at Royal Table doesn't have the princesses, just the Fairy Godmother, Suzy and Perla (the girl mice).

I think they just changed it - according to the woman who helped me co-ordinate everything: she said they just changed it within the last couple of days - and now all the princesses are there, all the time... I may just re-verify that though. Thanks for the heads up!

• Golden Dreamer!

I just got back from WDW a few days ago. But I thought I would let you know it appears as if the Crystal Palace on Main Street is closed.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sub_Voyage fan View Post
    I just got back from WDW a few days ago. But I thought I would let you know it appears as if the Crystal Palace on Main Street is closed.
    It is closed for refurb. It opens again on Feb 14, so he should be fine.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMyDear View Post
    But if you don't know, dinner at Royal Table doesn't have the princesses, just the Fairy Godmother, Suzy and Perla (the girl mice). I went to diner at Royal Table simply because I love the Fairy Godmother. Lunch is the only time with all the princesses.

I did some investigating, and apparently it changed as of TODAY!

Beginning February 7, guests dining at Cinderella's Royal Table in Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom will have a new Fairytale Dining experience. Joining Cinderella at all three meals will now be her Disney princess friends. The Fairy Godmother will no longer be at these meals, but Cinderella will still greet guests for photos as they enter dinner. Prices will remain the same and advanced dining reservations are strongly recommended.
    as much as she did like the Fairy Godmother (we met her twice at DLR) - for her birthday, Princesses are definitely the order of the day.

• Life Long Disney Fan

If you like having the waitress refer to herself as "Mommy" all meal and scolding you if you happen to relax in your chair after your meal (some may call it slouching, but after a long day in the park you might be a little tired), then by all means go to the Prime Time. I would do the Sci-Fi Cafe, as it is much better, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Figment Fan View Post
    If you like having the waitress refer to herself as "Mommy" all meal and scolding you if you happen to relax in your chair after your meal (some may call it slouching, but after a long day in the park you might be a little tired), then by all means go to the Prime Time. I would do the Sci-Fi Cafe, as it is much better, in my opinion.
    Actually, I switched the Saturday reservation to Mickey's Backyard Bar-B-Que - so The Prime Time diner is out.

• and too all a good fright

The Backyard BBQ is a really fun way to kick things off. It is a little bit hidden so if you are unfamiliar with the area, you may want to ask a cast member for assistance.

The last time I was there in April it was during easter week (and the crowds were insane). I'm not sure how busy the rest of april is, but you may want to keep in mind that park hopping becomes a bit more convoluted and time consuming the more crowded the resort is.

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by santadog View Post

My big suggestion for Saturday is for those arriving late-ish or mid day-ish to the resort is to take in the hotel sight seeing. Pick an area, like the Boardwalk/Beach Club/Yacht Club resort to dine and shop and tour the hotel lobbys. Dip your feet in the nighttime sandy "beach" of the Beach/Yacht club resorts and enjoy the water and the sights and sounds of a nighttime Boardwalk.

But the problem with this plan is I have no idea what hotel you're staying at. If you're visiting these cluster of hotels at night and you are relying on Disney Transport buses then make sure you can get on a bus from Hollywood Studios back to your hotel as the park closes. If that is not an option and you stay later in the night at the Boardwalk area then take a Downtown Disney bus from one of these hotels to that area to then catch a bus to your hotel from their DD bus stops. Of course Downtown Disney at night can be an unsafe atmosphere so if you have the dough then grab a cab from a Boardwalk hotel and take it to directly to your hotel after your night as the Boardwalk is over.

Me and my party on our recent trip caught Epcot fireworks from the Beach club "sandy" beach area, ate at the Yacht Club hotel and just enjoyed a relaxing nightly walk around that area. We ended up doing the DD bus route to get to our hotel, Pop Century Resort.

When you visit Epcot Sunday make sure you have a game plan on which side of the resort you want to visit and see. You need a backbone of a plan on what you want to see, ride and experience at Epcot, you know, especially since you'll only be there for half a day. Make good use of your time and focus on key attractions that are close by to each other.

Magic Kingdom for EMH is AMAZING! Great option! Just remember that if you plan on staying until 1am or later at the MK, depending how late EMH are that time of the year, then you might as well head back to your hotel between parks to change, rest in your hotel room.

Monday seems like a well planned out day. Fort Wilderness at night is lovely. One suggestions is to grab a bus from the Animal Kingdom to the Wilderness Lodge to visit that hotel and then grab a shuttle boat to Fort Wilderness. Of course make sure you set aside some travel time to do this, maybe about an hour or so to get from AK to WL to FW. Switching from one form of transportation to another isn't quick and become time consuming so make sure you don't do this unless you have time set aside for traveling around the resort. No need to argue or get upset because you're late getting somewhere because of Disney transportation.

Tuesday. Well getting from a dinner Cinderella event to HS for Fantasmic is going to be a challenge in itself. You may want to catch Fantasmic the day you arrive, Saturday night if you don't feel the need to hotel hop around Boardwalk area. Spend the whole day at the Magic Kingdom. It's a good day when you get to see Magic Kingdom transition from a day park to a night park.

Wednesday. I would keep to doing Epcot all day long. I personally love AK at night but if you have yet to spend a full day at Epcot at this point of your trip then what better time than today to spend an entire full day at Epcot. No worries of rushing or heading to AK in the back of your head, just relax and enjoy every inch of Epcot Wednesday.

Now Thursday is BIRTHDAY DAY! Treat this like Epcot the day before. Stay all day at the MK, maybe take a break from the MK to use the monorail to visit the Grand Floridian hotel and the Polynesian hotel.

By Friday you're a bit tired from a big vacation so far. This day should be set aside for a small theme park and today would be the day for Hollywood Studios. Now if you caught Fantasmic the day you arrived, Saturday, then tonight you can skip on Fantasmic, leave HS and take the boats over to Epcot to utilize Epcot's EMH's. As for dining choices at HS, I highly suggest Brown Derby. Love the food and the glamour atmosphere of old Hollywood inside. I can't get enough of the Hollywood Brown Derby. LOVE IT! But if you want "fun" dining the SciFi dinner is fun. Dark lit "outdoor" drive in feel with vintage cinema playing and tables in the shape of cars. Brown Derby is more pampered and refined. Classy tastes for Classy ladies.

Saturday. Whew, that's a BIG vacation so far. I personally love to hit the Magic Kingdom one last time on every trip I take. I too take late flights out so that I can spend a few hours at the MK before heading back to my hotel to catch my airport bus. Breakfast at Ohana's is an amazing idea here.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Just a suggestion concerning the all-day Fast Pass: I would use it at DHS instead of AK. At DHS, it will be very useful for TOT, Rock n' Roller (if she's old enough for thrill rides) and particularly TSMM, which is mobbed all day long. At AK, Kilimanjaro Safaris and Everest are the only rides that often require a Fast Pass.

If you don't use the all day pass for DHS, show up at that park before rope drop and make a beeline for the TSMM FP machine, then get in the stand by line. If you want to ride TSMM more than twice during the day, then show up at the FP machines the second your first FP becomes valid, to grab another one. That's what I did, as the lines for that ride grow increasingly frightening as the day progresses.
    Last edited by disneyfann121; 03-23-2010 at 09:21 PM.

NB: There are no evening safaris at DAK. Safaris finish and dusk.