Thread: Nov or Jan?

• Swice

Nov or Jan?

Our family finally has our hands on the new school calendar.

Which would be better weather and crowd wise?

Thanksgiving week (how are things the few days "before" Thanksgiving? I would imagine crowds Thanksgiving, Friday and that weekend.) or Martin Luther King week?

• Minion

Re: Nov or Jan?

We've been there in September and February, so are likely going to be similar to the months you're looking at January and November.

Weather - February got cold for us (and we're from the frozen tundra of Wisconsin!), so plan on bringing jackets if you do go in January. September was very pleasant - not too hot or too cold.

Crowds - Very light both of those months.

As far as the holidays go, I've never been there during those times. I have heard it gets pretty crowded on both Thanksgiving week and MLK week.

I use this site quite a bit for crowd level info and other planning. It's an excellent site! Deb's Unofficial Walt Disney World Vacation Information Guide - WDW Planning Guide - Walt Disney World

Check back here again. I'm sure other Micechatters will chime in and give their opinions on the months you're considering.

November any week except Thanksgiving

If in the second half you get the osbourne lights and the christmas decorations

Better weather and still pretty light crowds

Went week after thanksgiving this year 7 days

Did both Universal Parks, Seaworld & the four Disney

Only missed a few rides or shows at each

Only downside to late November is the early closing times for the parks (some due to Chrsitmas Party)

So you have to be there early to max out your days and schedule wisely to catch Wishes

• Rides against injustice

The last two years I've been to Disney World the week before Thanksgiving and crowds were very light. The only downside is parks close early, however because lines are short you should be able to do everything. We didnt even have to use Fastpass that much. Really the only rides we used Fastpass for (both trips) was Expedition Everest at AK and Test Track at EPCOT.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Swice

Thanks.

I guess I should clarify... the week "of" Thanksgiving. Would keep kids out of school Monday and Tuesday (they already have Wed, Thur and Friday).
    Wonder how the crowds are Sat-Wed before Thanksgiving. I would imagine I would stay away from the parks on Thanksgiving and day after.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The entire week of Thanksgiving will most likely be VERY busy (the closer to the holiday you get, the busier it gets).