• Is a crazeh cat

Any Magic Kingdom Expansion News?????

Hi all just wondering if anyone had any info on the expansion of the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland????

Im really looking forward to this project but ive searched high and low on the net and can't find any updates.

Also once construction has started will micechat do regular updates?

Thanks!
    Last edited by SBS; 02-08-2010 at 03:20 AM.

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Any Magic Kingdom Expansion News?????

It should start soon. Phase 1 the Princess section should be done in 2012 with Pixie Hollow to follow the next year
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

In case anyone hasn't noticed, there are construction walls now up on the Berm behind Fantasyland.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I'm not sure if this counts as news but I did stumble across this: http://www.imagineeringdisney.com/st...d-model_LG.jpg
    The main difference I noticed between this model and the concept art that was released at the D23 Expo is that Dumbo has moved from near the train station to near the Mad Tea Party. In fact it looks like the Dumbo area and Pixie Hollow have traded places.

It also appears that the Pixie Hollow area is little more than a playground made out of over sized common objects. Like we've never seen that before. I like a lot of the layout, especially the much needed addition of water to the area, but every time I look at it I can't help thinking, "We gave up 20,000 Leagues and Mr. Toad for this?"
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 02-10-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Is a crazeh cat

Thanks for the Pic Dapper Dan!

Everything looks pretty decent but I really really wish they where making a dark ride to go with each story (especially for beauty and the beast!!!!)

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I like a lot of the layout, especially the much needed addition of water to the area, but every time I look at it I can't help thinking, "We gave up 20,000 Leagues and Mr. Toad for this?"
    I prefer to look at it like this: we gave up Mr. Toad and 20,000 Leagues for Pooh and the Pooh playground. We're giving up the Pooh playground, Toontown, and unused acreage for this. Feels better that way, right?

We will get more details of what is going on at the D23 Anniversary Party on Mar. 5th! Can't wait!
    Jaxum- Disneyland Aficionado!
    Disneyland, WDW, and DLPR Annual Passholder
    D23 1st Day Charter Member
    My Disneyland and WDW videos and photos!
    http://youtube.com/tkfore21 .... http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxum_readis/sets/

Disney days for 2009:
    Disneyland:(27) / Tokyo Parks:(4) / WDW:(19)
    Total Days in the parks for 2009: 50!
    Disney days for 2010:
    Disneyland: (27) / WDW:(31) / DLRP: (6)
    Total Days so far in the parks for 2010: 63!
    D23 and Other events:
    Expo '09, Candlelight Spectacular '09, Magic and Merriment '09, D23 Anniversary DL/WDW, Studio Tour April '10, Disney Archives 40th Anniversary, Destination D: Disneyland 55, Disneyland Scavenger Hunt, Sip and Stroll '10, Tangled Screening, TRON Pop-up Shop, Magic & Merriment '10, Everest Challenge '09, Adventurer's Club Weekend '09, DL Candlelight '09, Gumball Rally '10, WDW Radio 24 Hour Live Show '10, Disneyland's 55th Anniversary, Pacific Northwest Mouse Meet '10, Mickey's Halloween 5k '10,WDW Radio Walkabout '10, ConGaloosh '10, DL Candlelight '10

• is boring.

In the picture Dapper Dan posted, did anyone else notice the windmill in front of the Little Mermaid area (on the backside of cinderella's meet 'n' greet building)? Any ideas as to what that's going to be?

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by jroggen51391 View Post
    In the picture Dapper Dan posted, did anyone else notice the windmill in front of the Little Mermaid area (on the backside of cinderella's meet 'n' greet building)? Any ideas as to what that's going to be?
    That's exactly the same question I was going to type down if I didn't read your post. It wasn't mentioned in the blueprints or the expo. Does anyone know what the area behind Cinderella facing The Little Mermaid Ride is going to be. Maybe an unknown addition of Alice's or Pinnochio's Village

• Established 2005

Since the original story is by Hans Christian Anderson (who is Danish), could it be an extension of The Little Mermaid area. . .complete with a Danish windmill?

http://www.ndtourism.com/uploads/hig...(Will%20K).jpg