How bad is the last 2 weeks of April?

How bad are the last 2 weeks of April? I see they have the world championship cheerleaders/dancers there the 23-25.Spring break time shoudl also be over, and the crowds smaller.....any thoughts woudl be greatly appreciated. thanks

• Banned User

Re: How bad is the last 2 weeks of April?

Personally, I would avoid the cheerleaders at all costs. Not only do they increase the crowds, but they are notorious for bringing a great deal of NOISE. Just to give a few obnoxious examples, I've heard of them practicing their cheerleader routines in line, screaming non-stop at the top of their lungs in line, or just marching down Main Street while screaming.

I'll be there the 17th through the 24th: hopefully I can avoid the cheerleaders (I don't do well with "peppy" people). I can seriously see something bad happening with some screaming 13 year old while I'm waiting in line. But then again, I'm 6'2" - bald and have a couple dozen tattoos -- usually a stare is all it takes to take the perky out of people!

We were at DLR the week of the 21st last year, and it was D-E-A-D... we cleared all the rides at both parks in 2 1/2 days... including pix with Mickey, Minnie and all the princesses at the Meet and Greet

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by santadog View Post
    I'll be there the 17th through the 24th: hopefully I can avoid the cheerleaders (I don't do well with "peppy" people). I can seriously see something bad happening with some screaming 13 year old while I'm waiting in line. But then again, I'm 6'2" - bald and have a couple dozen tattoos -- usually a stare is all it takes to take the perky out of people!

We were at DLR the week of the 21st last year, and it was D-E-A-D... we cleared all the rides at both parks in 2 1/2 days... including pix with Mickey, Minnie and all the princesses at the Meet and Greet
    WDW was dead the week of April 21st?? Any idea why?

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    WDW was dead the week of April 21st?? Any idea why?
    Sorry for the confusion, I said I was at DLR (DisneyLand Resort). I assume it was dead since it was after Spring Break, and before Memorial day. So all the students were probably studying for finals, and not too many people were on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by santadog View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I said I was at DLR (DisneyLand Resort). I assume it was dead since it was after Spring Break, and before Memorial day. So all the students were probably studying for finals, and not too many people were on vacation.

Yah but world of color is opening up so all bets are off re crowds
    Janette

Third time's a charm, so here goes:
    I was at DisneyLand LAST year the weekend of 4/21 and it was dead.... extrapolating that info leads me the the conclusion that Walt Disney World will be slow this year.