Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoaster
    Thanks for the review (I came over as requested ). I completely agree with you about the California Grill. Last time I was there, everything was so good, I didn't care that it was a little pricey.

    Sorry to hear about the room cleanliness though. I have only been once to WL this year and everything was quite clean in our room, so I had no complaints. At Disney prices you definitely want to see clean rooms along with everything else.
    No matter where I stay from a cheap Hampton Inn to world-class resort, I expect cleanliness. It is the most basic rule of running a lodging establishment.

    People may be pigs, and God you should have seen the mess one group (two parents and two boys under 10) made in a room about five doors down from me, but Disney needs to expect this and react to it. Not add to it by ignoring it and hiring housekeeps that actually do damage themselves.

    BTW, the pigs near me must have been proud because they always left both blinds wide open so you could see the dump in all its glory. And, BTW, they looked like upper middle class folks, not trailer trash either.

    Anyway, there are things I'll let slide at hotels, but cleanliness simply can't be one. It can be a health issue in addition to being disgusting.

  2. #17

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    It's my memory that they had these on my last visit to San Angel about 2 years ago. It was my one disappointment of the meal - way far under the quality of the rest of the meal.
    I don't believe I've been to San Angel since 2001 or 2002, but they definitely weren't on the menu at the time.

    They really ought to be ashamed. Dumps don't serve chips out of bags, so I can't see how a fine dining locale at Epcot can get away with it ... except that people are so damn willing to accept less than they should. It's part of the dumbing down/WalMarting of WDW and our society in general.

    I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when this ridiculous penny-pinching move was made.

    Maybe it's time for an email to the head of Epcot Food and Beverage.

  3. #18

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    I do appreciate all the DL-related praise you've written in the past months, but I have to say that, other than the GCH, I found French Quarter WAY better maintained than DLH or Paradise Pier ANY day!

  4. #19

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Maybe you went right after last year's hurricanes? That's when we saw some real cleaning happening at WDW, but things are back to normal in that respect.

  5. #20

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by HMFan
    What exactly were you looking for them to do? They offered you a discounted rate, that is anything that any other major company would have done.
    No, they didn't offer any such discount. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that.
    Now I was paying $109 a night (a Florida resident rate), and I'm not sure if they would have extended at that or made me pay rack. But they certainly didn't offer any kind of hurricane rate.

    And all I wanted was a late checkout for a room that was going to sit empty ALL DAY IN THE MIDDLE OF A HURRICANE. I have stayed at WDW resorts likely over 100 times/trips. I always request a late checkout because I'm a night owl and 11 a.m. is usually when I am just starting to rise. In all those times, I may have been refused 3-4 times (I can remember twice at DAK Lodge, where they pretend they've never heard of such a thing, and once at the Contemporary when a major convention was moving in.)

    It wouldn't have cost Disney a penny to say 'Sure stay in the room until 1, 2, 3 whenever it is safe.' As is, that's what I did and they aren';t getting an extra penny for it. But the whole experience really left a bad taste in my mouth. Like they were hoping on getting an influx of checkins from desperate South Floridians trying to get away from the storm who would walk up and pay rack rate (likely about $150 a night), so why take care of guests you already have and whose safety is ultimately in your hands.

    Very bad guest service.

  6. #21

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by HMFan
    And then what happens when you are escorted out by security?
    Uhm ... there was no security -- OR HOUSEKEEPERS -- around. Wilma was blowing thru with winds in excess of 50-60 MPH.

    And, if they were around, they had better things to do than kick guests out into the storm when everyone in government was telling folks to seek shelter.
    What you suggest is really ridiculous. You keep a room past checkout and get security ? What's next? Goofy jumping me from behind, while Chip and Dale slip the cuffs on?

  7. #22

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    You know it is funny, I told savedisney one time that the prices are getting to the fact that only rich people can afford them (The even posted my comment). No one cares about anyone else unless they have money. For that situation the thread starter mentioned about not being able to stay in the room during the hurricane I woould have told the employee that I am going to stay in the room reguardless because I would rather be safe than possibly dead. This stuff (bad cleaning, serving Tostino chips, over priceing) just really ticks me off.
    Oh, that's exactly what I told the CM on the phone. I also (without using obscenity of any kind) suggested that Disney's policy was guest unfriendly, could cause bodily harm and was truly unmagical ... then I said I'd leave when it was safe to do so and hung up on her.

  8. #23

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    Uhm ... there was no security -- OR HOUSEKEEPERS -- around. Wilma was blowing thru with winds in excess of 50-60 MPH.
    Especially since most Motels on Disney property feature outdoor corrridors as opposed to indoor hallways..

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    What you suggest is really ridiculous. You keep a room past checkout and get security ? What's next? Goofy jumping me from behind, while Chip and Dale slip the cuffs on?
    I knew those boys were into kinky bondage stuff!!!

  9. #24

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,035

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    I do appreciate all the DL-related praise you've written in the past months, but I have to say that, other than the GCH, I found French Quarter WAY better maintained than DLH or Paradise Pier ANY day!
    I have stayed at both the DLH and PPH this year.

    I would agree about the DLH where I had a very bad experience, including a room without working AC in July that caused me to drag my bags to a new room in another tower at 3:30 a.m. (and got me the night comped, but that wasn't the point).

    PPH though appears to be generally well taken care of. Although I did need to get a supervisor up in the room to show the housekeeper how to clean cupcake and ice cream off the desk after two calls resulted in nothing because apparently the housekeeper never thought there were two sides to the desk.

    Boy, now I'm beginning to think housekeeping sucks at every Disney hotel in the USA!

  10. #25

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    ...and it probably does! Remember...these are not Ritz Carltons or Hyatt Regencys you are talking about. However...Disney is to be faulted because the Disney name means "quality" to most since they always brag about that to the press... so I don't blame you for expecting Ritz-type qualities... and GOOD FOR YOU to take it up with a manager.

  11. #26

    • Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    130

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    No, they didn't offer any such discount. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on that.
    Now I was paying $109 a night (a Florida resident rate), and I'm not sure if they would have extended at that or made me pay rack. But they certainly didn't offer any kind of hurricane rate.
    If I'm not mistaken you did state that they offered you a "distressed traveller" rate. So while it may not be labelled "hurricane rate", you did state that they made an offer to help. Now just because you don't agree with the offer doesn't mean that they were in the wrong.

    "I have stayed at WDW resorts likely over 100 times/trips. I always request a late checkout because I'm a night owl and 11 a.m. is usually when I am just starting to rise." So another guest should have to experience a delayed check-in because you are a night owl?

    "Very bad guest service." Again, working in the service environment, just because you don't agree with what they offered, doesn't mean that it is bad.

  12. #27

    • Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    130

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    What you suggest is really ridiculous. You keep a room past checkout and get security ? What's next? Goofy jumping me from behind, while Chip and Dale slip the cuffs on?
    It was meant as a joke question to another posters response they would have essentially been a squatter in the room.

  13. #28

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,350

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    Every vacation is going to have its ups and downs. The cleaniness would have bothered me as well. As far as them not letting you stay late that day, I can see your point as well as theirs. I guess it just boils down to what you will let bother you on your vacations and what you consider something that is crossing the line or something that can be fluffed off if it doesn't happen on a repeated basis.

    Sounds like you had a great time otherwise.

  14. #29

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    6

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    At French Quarter, I have serious doubts as to whether or not the sheets had been changed from the prior guests. There were stains and hair on the sheets. I called after the first day and requested a change. No change. I called after the second day and requested a change. No change. I finally went down the third day and demanded a change and they were. BAD, BAD, BAD!!! And this is a running theme with Disney Resorts. I don't believe most housekeepers are trained properly and/or give a damn. I know one of them had a 'he caught me' look when she was obviously on a personal cell phone call, while on the clock.
    I TOTALLY AGREE!! After staying in many of the Deluxe resorts I was APPALLED at the lack of cleanliness and service at French Quarter. We were there 10/20-26. We swear our room was the LAST to be cleaned everyday as we would get back at 3:30 for afternoon naps and our room would STILL not be clean.

    Plus the "concierge" there was rude and not very helpful at all.

    But I will also agree that the California Grill is the BEST. We ate there for my birthday on 10/21 and it was, as always, delightful.

  15. #30

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    1,415

    Re: WDW Trip Observations or Waiting for Wilma

    I guess I got lucky. I was there 9-28 to 10-4 and housekeeping was flawless...and I don't use that word generously! I guess it just depends which housekeeper you get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Quick observations of trip 5/30
    By SifuJustin in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2007, 10:41 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2007, 07:42 PM
  3. WDW Trip Early January - Dining Plan Observations
    By bea&cyd in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 08:24 AM
  4. Tropical Storm Wilma
    By SummerInFL in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 12:39 PM
  5. Hurricane Wilma aimed at FL, Cat 5!
    By Mr D in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-21-2005, 12:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •