Move Small world!!!

Even more changes for the Magic Kingdom

Hmmmm. Great idea but......

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Move Small world!!!

The article is looking very far into the future. I guess some of its proposals are possible, but realistic? I know a lot of people don't have a lot of faith in Walt Disney World and trying to improve the parks in such major ways. Most of the reason why they're going through with the Fantasyland expansion is to be able to compete with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. So, maybe it's not likely.

A good idea? Probably. The Magic Kingdom really could use some nice new attractions, even if they're "re-imagined" classics. But moving an entire attraction and inserting a new Fantasyland dark ride would be a little more than a new bride in the Mansion. I could see myself liking it.

And who isn't just a little bit disappointed in WDW's Small World? At least the outside. Even the loading area is very basic.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Artistic integrity

WDW's 'small world' interior is very impressive compared to DL in Anaheim. I prefer the construction materials used. And the big-big draw - the flooded showbuilding. But even more impressive .. is NO DISNEY CHARACTERS.

They may improve it on the outside ... but on the inside - I doubt they'll improve it. Not after what I saw they did with DL's 'small world' where they created the very tacky looking America room.

It's not worth the change. Not all "change" is an improvement.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

From reading other sources, this doesn't seem like anything more than a rumor.

But adding Alice would be nice....but unless things drastically change, nothing doing with this.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• The Study of Wumbo

Oooh, yeah. The interior is fine by me. Disneyland can keep the Americas and them Disney characters.

Honestly I don't think they'll be bringing over the characters to WDW's IASW. Based on past additions/re-imaginings of classic attractions that didn't go over well with fans, it wouldn't follow. WDW still has the Swiss Family Treehouse, the Carousel of Progress, the Country Bear Jamboree, and the Peoplemover just because Disneyland doesn't have them, IMO. Same as how Disneyland has Mr. Toad and the Canoes and such.

So, I just expect them to be fair enough to keep one of the attractions classic.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

There are absolutely no plans to move "it's a small world." However, there ARE changes in store for that area of Fantasyland that haven't been announced yet. But that article is just wacko. Never trust anything on The Examiner. And wumbology, I wouldn't bet on that if I were you. WDW's management is very cost-centered. If the characters mean more merchandise sales, (in a newly added Small World gift-shop that does not exist yet, but I'm not confirming the construction of any such thing) you can bet that WDW will do it.

Alice is just wishful thinking... though if Tim's movie does really well, who knows what might happen.
    -Bill

• Future Animator

I wouldn't like to see the Disney characters implemented, but it would be a much needed improvement to include...well... an exterior. Because it currently doesn't have one, in my book.

The said courtyard and classic exterior of Small World excites me. We could see some beautiful foliage and atmosphere over there that screams classic Disney.

But if Disney characters have to be implemented in this new Small World move, I would rather just keep it where it is.

ALSO - Does anyone have a link to a larger photo of the "blueprint" seen in the article above?

YouTube Channel:
    DisneyParkVideos

...for any Disney Theme Park Specials, Behind the Scenes, Making Of's, Celebrations, etc.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

The blueprint in the article is fake, it has been edited. In fact, the entire article is BS. Forget about anything you read in that article.

Anyway, here's a link to the original blueprints, originally posted on Mice Chat by wishesjake. http://i31.tinypic.com/r2q9dt.jpg
    -Bill

Even if it is fake...I'd like to see a larger, or at least more detailed exterior to IASW...maybe do it in the style facade of the other parks, but make it new somehow. and KEEP THE FLOODED SHOW BUILDING! That is one effect about WDW that really adds to the experience. The reflections and waters just seem to keep the focus on the displays, while making things even more colorful and beautiful...and they kinda represent the oceans dividing (probably not but whatever...I like the water!!)