a few hours in the MK. 02/15

Greetings all. Took in a few hours at the Magic Kingdom today. There was some contruction by the boat doc usually reserved for the launches that go to the Grand/Poly. Looks like they are putting in some sort of guide beam for the launchs to slide between that and teh actual doc.

AS for the MK itself, fairly busy. Three trains running on the WDW RR. The Roy O. Disney, The Walter E. Disney, and the Roger Broogie. Exhibition Hall's right side (opposite of Tony's) was completely under contruction wraps. It is assumed by me, and the cast in the area, this is the new home for Mickey and friends once toon town breakdown begins.

I also notice that even the contruction walls now have an official sponser. Yes yes, instead of "we are reburbishing this area for your future enjoyment" there is now sign that says "Dream Builders". Each sign also features a Walt quote and centered on the bottom of each of these signs, the Black and Yellow icon of Stanley tools. So wow... even contruction walls are now sponsered by Stanley. Amazing.

Splash is still under contruction. The Mill next to Chickapin Hill has recieved a new roof, and the briar patch is refreshed. the leaves and thorns look brand new.

There are some contruction walls in Fantasyland, but you'd be hard press to find them. They are up on the top of a berm, half hidden by the vegetations on that berm. This is all to the left of Pooh's Thoughtful Spot.

The Liberty Belles third deck is now open to guests again. It was closed off while they did Tiana's Showboat Jubilee, which I miss. That said, the whistle on Liberty Belle seem to be doing better. Use to be like a hacking cough, but at least today, it was sounding healthy and rich.

Some random wait times at around 4pm... Space Mountain 100 minutes. Small World 25 minutes. Haunted Mansion 35 minutes.

I did take in Main Street Philharmonic, and loved them as always, and Move it Shake it. Which Seemed especially well attended today.

Re: a few hours in the MK. 02/15

^ Sounds like the park was busier than when I went a few weeks ago. The park was fairly empty. The pathways during Move It! shake It! were pretty clear and wait lines were almost never over 30 min.

This past weekend though was also a Holiday weekend with Valentines Day, Presidents Day, Mardi Gras, the Daytona 500 and all the kiddies out of schol for a long weekend.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Wow, thanks for the update! Glad to hear that work is moving ahead, can't wait to see the changes.

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    This past weekend though was also a Holiday weekend with Valentines Day, Presidents Day, Mardi Gras, the Daytona 500 and all the kiddies out of schol for a long weekend.
    I was there about this time last year and me and my friends couldn't believe how crowded it was and why WDW was filled with Saints fans. After asking a family we found out that most people have Mardi Gras week off and flee the state (apparently to WDW). I'm not surprised it's crowded with that much going on right around each other.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ti2gr View Post
    Yeah that culmination of holidays and events going on the same weekend as each other tends to make the park busier...what really packs em in though is Bowl week when all the college bowl games are getting ready to happen in Florida...
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton