Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1st ride suggestions?

Hey Everyone,

My fiance and I are going to Disneyworld in the beginning of June on our Honeymoon and I am curious if there is anything that you think we should do first at Epcot? We've been to Disneyland many times (we are season pass holders and even got engaged there!) but there is nothing like Epcot out here in CA. Soooo what do you guys recommend? We want to try and get on everything we can!

Thanks!
    Hey Everyone! Help a couple HUGE Disney fans with a true love story get our fairytale wedding by voting for us here: http://www.ultimateweddingcontest.com/entries/25951

THANKS!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: 1st ride suggestions?

If you're not interested in Soarin' (which is the same film. Judging as you've been to DL many times you might opt to skip) I would say Test Track. It'll be the next attraction after Soarin' to build a huge line.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

^after test track definetly take your time to go see the World Showcase..you will not be disappointed.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• and too all a good fright

Quote Originally Posted by garyjr316 View Post

...but there is nothing like Epcot out here in CA. Soooo what do you guys recommend? We want to try and get on everything we can!
    You shouldn't have a problem getting on all the rides especially if you have a full day devoted to the park. I find it a little tiresome to hop between future world and world showcase so generally hit future world first then spend the rest of the day in world showcase.

World Showcase offers a lot to do that isn't about rides, but is more about exploring the different pavilions. With the exception of the performances, there is very little to do that can't be done at your own pace.

As for rides,

Without consideration for lines....Spaceship Earth - though not a thrill ride, the scope of the ride is huge and sets the tone for what EPCOT is (was?) all about.

With...Test track

Also, if you choose to ride Universe of Energy it is a 45 minute experience so is a good place to go if you are hot, tired, need a rest, or you get hit with a rainstorm.

• Senior Minion

World Showcase can often be overshadowed by Test Track/Mission Space/Soarin, check it out.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• 60 Dazzling Years!

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    World Showcase offers a lot to do that isn't about rides, but is more about exploring the different pavilions. With the exception of the performances, there is very little to do that can't be done at your own pace.
    I agree. Epcot is not like Disneyland or the Magic Kingdom. Don't get completely focused on where the next rides are located. There is a lot to experience at Epcot. We usually spend a minimum of two days at Epcot on every trip. We have time to enjoy all the rides and attraction in Future World and take our time visiting all the countries in World Showcase. You can do it in a single day as well, and still see everything, but of course the pace is quicker. Also, I agree that Test Track is a good ride to hit first to avoid lines.
    Last edited by OC2Epcot; 02-26-2010 at 02:17 PM.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Don't forget Nemo, and Mission Space. I was afraid to do Mission Space on previous trips, but they have two versions now, and I did the tamer version the last time. I wasn't disappointed. That one doesn't spin you, and it was very unique. Someone here at MiceChat told me that if I liked, and could handle Star Tours, than I would do fine on Mission Space. They were correct.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

Nemo is different (and imo better) than Disneyland's Nemo. Talking with Crush right after is fun too.

• Occasional Reader

The Universe of Energy caught me by surprise. It was my 2nd attraction, and the one that really made me realise that disney are different to the rest.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

I'm going to swim against the current here: since it will be the first day of your honeymoon, I'd suggest taking it easy, and exploring the world showcase first. Save the thrill rides for later in the day/trip. After the excitement of the wedding day, I'd personally want to take it easy, and stroll casually, taking in the sites, and celebrating the new life you're starting.

• Occasional Reader

Quote Originally Posted by santadog View Post
    I'm going to swim against the current here: since it will be the first day of your honeymoon, I'd suggest taking it easy, and exploring the world showcase first. Save the thrill rides for later in the day/trip. After the excitement of the wedding day, I'd personally want to take it easy, and stroll casually, taking in the sites, and celebrating the new life you're starting.
    Sounds like a plan.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• The Study of Wumbo

I'd place Test Track above any of the other Epcot thrill rides. Very fun, but I wouldn't say it's, you know, "Tower" intense.

Note that World Showcase usually opens, I think, two hours after Future World does? So if you're arriving for rope drop, it's hard to skip over all of Future World and save it for after World Showcase.

If you're traveling around the World Showcase, my favorite attraction is actually the Gran Fiesta Tour boat ride in the Mexico pavilion. You can start there and go clockwise, or start in Canada and go counter-clockwise.

On the World Showcase pavilions: it is true that the focus is not on rides. The only rides, per se, are in Mexico and Norway. The focus needs to be on exploration and the other, smaller-scale attractions, like the films and exhibits. Mike Scopa over at AllEars.net wrote a nice blog post about "Experiencing the Epcot Film Festival," where he talks about experiencing some of these little, charming films. I know, after reading it, I'll take my time and see most of them on our next trip.

On exploring the pavilions, Mike Bachand has a really good series on the WS pavilions, showcasing the stories and details. You can find them on his AllEars.net blog.

It makes sense that you'd like to visit Epcot first. I think Epcot is probably my favorite WDW park.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Make The Bumping Stop

Nemo is great...

I like turtles.

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Someone here at MiceChat told me that if I liked, and could handle Star Tours, than I would do fine on Mission Space. They were correct.
    Au contraire, mon fraire. I love Star Tours, but Mission: Space is one of the few rides that hurts me bad! It's not the spinning - it's the tiny little cabin that triggers my claustrophobia bigtime! If you don't like small spaces, avoid this ride like the plague!!!

If you're arriving at Epcot in the afternoon, I'd strongly suggest Spaceship Earth as the first ride. It's the signature attraction for the park, and is unlike anything else. It's not big thrills, but it always brings me right into a Disney mood!

But if you're getting to Epcot at opening, the lines for Spaceship Earth get long pretty quickly. If you miss it in first rush you might try Test Track or Ellen's Energy Adventure - both true Disney attractions.

• Circle of Ancients

I agree with everybody else, don't short-change World Showcase!!!

Like you I have been going to Disneyland forever and have had AP's for 12-13 years. I absolutely LOVE Disneyland ... but EPCOT is my favorite park EVER. I just fell in love with it. On "paper" it might not look like there is much there, but the atmosphere, the scenery, etc is like nothing else.

I would however start your morning in Future World with Test Track. I would ride that first and also get a FP for later in the day.

After Test Track I would make your way over to Mission: Space and then cross Future World and do Journey into Imagination, Livin' with the Land and then Nemo.

Before heading to World Showcase I would do Spaceship Earth.

World Showcase generally opens an hour later than Future World, but there is really no rush in getting there as soon as it opens.

IMO, heading back over to Future World from World Showcase isn't really that big of a deal, especially if you use the boat transports, which are a great attraction by themselves.

For World Showcase, I would start in Mexico and do Gran Fiesta Tour and then make your way around in a clockwise motion.

If you want to take a break from World Showcase and head back to Future World to use your Test Track FP's or ride other rides in the afternoon, there is a boat from Germany to Future World. And then you can hop the boat in Future World back to Germany and continue your tour.

Also, make sure you make some reservations for lunch/dinner in World Showcase. I've tried all of the restaurants except for Canada, Morroco and France, and all are very good. Make sure you also wear your "just married" buttons.

How many days are you at WDW for? I wouldn't try to do all of EPCOT in 1 day, it's easily a 2 or 3 day park to see everything at a nice pace. You may want to try and do 1/2 of World Showcase 1 day and the other half a 2nd day and then a 3rd day for going back to do favorites.

Our normal trip to WDW is 10 days and we generally end up at EPCOT at some point 4 or 5 of the days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast