Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I love Disney

pop century Legendary Years?

Hello all,
    I am a big team wdw fan and big time urban explorer. So the legendary years for me is like an amazing spot to explore. I heard rumors they are knocking down in the spring is that true because I want to check it out this summer in August. Also, is it as a easy access as it is in the video. In addition has anyone here been there and know if there is security. Trust me im Not a vandal i have the upmost respect for disney and all the places I explore.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSc1fG0ETeY"]YouTube - The Forgotten Legendary Years at Disney's Pop Century[/ame]
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: pop century Legendary Years?

That area has been fenced off for a couple years now. You can't get to the closest buildings anymore.

• I love Disney

im a native new yorker there is no fence big enough for me
    Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That area has been fenced off for a couple years now. You can't get to the closest buildings anymore.
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/

If you want to get your butt arrested for trespassing, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Imagineer View Post
    Hello all,
    I am a big team wdw fan and big time urban explorer. So the legendary years for me is like an amazing spot to explore. I heard rumors they are knocking down in the spring is that true because I want to check it out this summer in August. Also, is it as a easy access as it is in the video. In addition has anyone here been there and know if there is security. Trust me im Not a vandal i have the upmost respect for disney and all the places I explore.
    YouTube - The Forgotten Legendary Years at Disney's Pop Century
    So much for respect for disney places. Trespassing ISN'T showing "respect"

Blog Entries

its such a shame that place never was built. I remember walking out across the bridge to nowhere on the lake and peaking through the bushes at it. Its so sad. The rest of that resort is so fantastic, I wish they'd complete it. I can never find rooms at the Pop when I try to go.

I agree it's so sad to walk out to the end of that bridge and see it just laying in ruins. It's actually kind of creepy to see it unfinished and abandoned.

Instead of re-theming a bunch of rooms already built, how about using that money to finish building what they started?

• Occasional Reader

Quote Originally Posted by maddogjoe View Post
    So much for respect for disney places. Trespassing ISN'T showing "respect"
    MaddDogJoe,
    Don't mix your urban explorer with your atitude ridden teenager. If you check out some of the urbex sites, they CAN show utter respect. Much like whoever it was that explored River country recently. They can take very interesting photographs and showcase some amazing changes toplaces we all knew and loved, and leave the place exactly as they found it. Over here in England they explore abandoned buildings of all kinds and expose history that is left rotting behind fences and locks. Of course, I'm glad I'm able to see these places without taking the risks to safety and liberty, I'm way to old for that sort of thing now, (Old as in responsibilities, not age). About 20 years ago I know of someone that had opportunity to be in the upper echelons of an abandoned but beautiful building, where staircases had to literally be climbed because there were bits missing, and it does take your breath away.

Where damage is done however, it takes on a whole new element, which is probably where you're mixing your "idiots" and your explorers.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• I love Disney

Thank you for seeing it my way. I have to deal with this so much because of vandals and people like you are what makes me want to go out and explore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorpeedo View Post
    MaddDogJoe,
    Don't mix your urban explorer with your atitude ridden teenager. If you check out some of the urbex sites, they CAN show utter respect. Much like whoever it was that explored River country recently. They can take very interesting photographs and showcase some amazing changes toplaces we all knew and loved, and leave the place exactly as they found it. Over here in England they explore abandoned buildings of all kinds and expose history that is left rotting behind fences and locks. Of course, I'm glad I'm able to see these places without taking the risks to safety and liberty, I'm way to old for that sort of thing now, (Old as in responsibilities, not age). About 20 years ago I know of someone that had opportunity to be in the upper echelons of an abandoned but beautiful building, where staircases had to literally be climbed because there were bits missing, and it does take your breath away.

Where damage is done however, it takes on a whole new element, which is probably where you're mixing your "idiots" and your explorers.

You will enjoy this site... ILLICITOHIO (I think it was also posted in another post). Lots of pics and he describes how he was able to access the property. Many years ago, about 35 actually, I lived near a closed amusement park (Willow Grove Park) and would go in there often to take pictures and explore.

I had totally forgotten about the "other" half of Pop Century. I will definitley head to the bridge when I am there next month so see if I can see anything (though I doubt I'll be hopping any fences!)

Quote Originally Posted by jbird327 View Post
    You will enjoy this site... ILLICITOHIO (I think it was also posted in another post). Lots of pics and he describes how he was able to access the property. Many years ago, about 35 actually, I lived near a closed amusement park (Willow Grove Park) and would go in there often to take pictures and explore.
    Abandoned amusement parks are interesting and extremely creepy. I'd feel like I was in a horror movie or something. Abandoned buildings & the like give me the heebie jeebies. Yet I'm fascinated looking at photos of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpeedo View Post
    MaddDogJoe,

Getting permission to "explore" is fine, and I'm sure those that you mentioned did just that. However jumping a fence whether you mean harm or not is still trespassing.

The way I was raised was you respected other people and their property. Never mind that they actually have a law against it.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogjoe View Post
    Getting permission to "explore" is fine, and I'm sure those that you mentioned did just that. However jumping a fence whether you mean harm or not is still trespassing.

The way I was raised was you respected other people and their property. Never mind that they actually have a law against it.
    Trespass And Armed Trespass Charges In Florida

Interesting article about trespass in Florida.

"The way the statute is interpreted is that you canít be convicted based on an innocent mistake. However, once you are warned by someone with authority - you must leave. If you decide to argue the issue, or argue their authority to have you leave Ė you have crossed the line into commission of the crime, and are subject to arrest. Interestingly enough, police and property owners do not have any authority under this statute to take you into custody or delay you unless you disobeyed their warning or refuse to leave."

• Pilot EdForceOne

'innocent mistake' does not include property that is posted.

The blip above is pretty universal.

You can be charged with tresspassing if asked to leave private property and do not - or have been found on private property if it's posted or have been barred from the property previously.

'Posted' is marking the property as private and that no one should be there without permission. This is why you see 'no tresspassing' signs on trees not once, but all along a property line - so that it's clearly marked. Then, there is no need for a 'ask to leave' phase - they already knew and can be charged immediately if found.

Hopping a fence, especially one marked = open door to be arrested and charged.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast