Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I've never been walked off or seen anything with the lights on, that I can remember

• Social Imagineer

Well, since this has turned into a bicoastal walked-off or great 101 ride experiences, I'll relay some of my Disneyland tales (hmmm, I don't think I've ever been walked off anything at Walt Disney World).

I think my favorite has got to be when we got stuck on the Matterhorn. The bobsleds were frozen in place so long that, eventually, CMs showed up to evacuate us. As soon as we were free from our bobsleds, we raced for that ledge on the outside of the mountain that has the fantastic, jaw-dropping view of Fantasyland and It's a Small World far below. The whole time the CM is screaming that we can't do that .... but apparently he was wrong.

We got walked down through the insides of the Matterhorn and even got to see the half-court basketball court. So much scaffolding and tiny stairways, and itsy-bitsy crawl spaces. It was fantastic!

Another Matterhorn story: About two weeks before the Disneyland Skyway closed forever, we got stuck on it right outside the Matterhorn cavern opening that the gondola buckets went through. And I mean right outside: I was able to reach out and push off the side of the Matterhorn, sending out bucket swinging wildly - - to the delight of both ourselves in the bucket, and the guests in bobsleds streaming by at close range. We got to play like this for almost half an hour. It was a great farewell-to-the-Skyway experience.

Another attraction farewell story: About three weeks before the Peoplemover closed forever, we finally got our dream come true of being stuck and walked off that ride. Unfortunately, we were almost back to the loading station when the ride went 101 - - and we had to wait for almost 45 minutes while we seethed with jealousy waiting for the lucky guests who got to walk long stretches of the perilous Peoplemover path to finally get to our point in the ride. Then we got to walk the portion between the Hub and the Rocket Jets. Not a bad deal, I guess, and certainly a fond farewell to the Peoplemover.

One more that tickles my funnybone: When my daughter was finally old enough to ride the Fantasyland dark rides by herself, she insisted on getting her own mine car on Snow White's Scary Adventures. Sure enough, the ride breaks down in the Haunted Forest, and our kid was scarred out of her wits. Hahaha! (yeah, I'm a cruel dad) We had to squeeze past our frozen safety bars, climb out of our mine car back a ways and go "rescue" her. Loads of fun. I love 101.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Those r great IS...Thanks for posting your experiences!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Disney World Aficionados

I have been stuck on the people mover in SM and I have pics sopmewhere, it's been several years. Anyways, SM was closed at the time, and it was all light up. very cool!
    The Disney Diva and Factual Al

• Helping restore the Magic

I got stuck on "It's a Small World"...

My best friend and I went to WDW on our spring break one year in high school. It was his first time to WDW, and I told him, that in order to get the *full* Disney experience he had to ride IaSW. (Not that I wanted to per-se, I just wanted to watch him wince and squirm through the whole thing lol)

So the ride was going along and we were entering the last scene, when I noticed there were some boats sitting still ahead of us at the exit of the last scene. Hmmm...looks like a backup of boats. Sure enough we got stuck for a few minutes in the last scene while that *annoying* song played over and over and over and my buddy just about went crazy. LOL

He still has flashbacks to this day...

• They wanna know, HO!

I got stuck on Space Mountain, it backed up and did an e-stop because some fat lady couldn't get out of the car in enough time. The lights came on and we were pushed 50 feet to the exit. Fun.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Always dreaming

I was stuck on Journey Into Imagination right at the end for about twenty minutes. I had that stupid song stuck in my head for the next month.

30 minutes on the Buzz Lightyear ride at WDW... however, I was in a good spot and got to ring up an outlandish score!

• Unknowing Minion

Pirates, Spaceship Earth, Jungle Cruise (boat died), splash, thunder, I even got stopped on TTA...now how often does TTA stop? LOL.

The best was on Splash Mountain, my first time riding we got stopped below the vultures for over 15 mins hearing nothing but "If this is your laughing place, how come you ain't laughing?" then we started again, and stopped in the last zone before the drop...we could see the park and were stuck there just waiting to drop...HORRIBLE!!!!

Duck!

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    I got stuck on Space Mountain, it backed up and did an e-stop because some fat lady couldn't get out of the car in enough time.
    Back in the day when we used to just ride Space Mountain over and over and over again, there was this tremendously fat guy who was also hitting it up multiple times in row.

Now when I say 'tremendously fat,' I mean that once loaded into the rocket, this man was literally overflowing the vehicle on all sides. He looked like a muffin in a tin. Sometimes (oh, this was so gross) the CMs had to tuck his flesh into the car.

We couldn't believe they kept letting this guy ride. Well, after 5 times through, it seems the CMs had had enough - - and we had the distinct pleasure of witnessing the exasperated cast members tell this dude that he was simply TOO FAT to ride Space Mountain.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

LOL, Now thats Funny!!!!!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

On my family's most recent trip to WDW (August 2004), our FIRST ride of the trip was The Great Movie Ride! Well guess what happened in the Indiana Jones scene? Yea, you guessed it!!! We waited for about 15 minutes, with the bank robber jumping on and off the ride vehicle trying to get it to work! After one visit from a mechanic in which he got the "power" back to the vehicle, it stalled AGAIN!!!! Eventually they had to evacuate and walks us BACKWARDS through all the previous show scenes! It was definetly weird yet an amazing experience to walk next to all the show scenes. The people in the vehicles behind us were all just staring!

• Unknowing Minion

Quote Originally Posted by iPod
    On my family's most recent trip to WDW (August 2004), our FIRST ride of the trip was The Great Movie Ride! Well guess what happened in the Indiana Jones scene? Yea, you guessed it!!! We waited for about 15 minutes, with the bank robber jumping on and off the ride vehicle trying to get it to work! After one visit from a mechanic in which he got the "power" back to the vehicle, it stalled AGAIN!!!! Eventually they had to evacuate and walks us BACKWARDS through all the previous show scenes! It was definetly weird yet an amazing experience to walk next to all the show scenes. The people in the vehicles behind us were all just staring!

That would have been very cool!

Welcome!

Duck!

• keep moving forward...

not me but...

my sister and my dad once got stuck on tower of terror because someone got out of theyre seat during the ride and for saftey reasons the seats have censors on them so if you get out the ride stops completely until your back in... no one knew at the time what was the problem and then this guy sat back down in his seat and they started falling again

I've been on Space Mountain at WDW twice when the lights ccame on, but the ride kept going. And I've been waiting 3 or 4 times in line when the lights hve come on and the ride was shut down once on my first time in the Mountain, back in 1978, just as we were waiting on the loading platform. Back in those days they still had the ticket system and they gaveus about 5 E tickets each for the inconvenience. Space Mountain was closed the rest of the day, but the next day we were able to ride it, and we did 5 times with the 5 tickets they gave us.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast