Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

• Disney Freak

I remember going to the Magic Kingdom with my dad and my brother in '96. My mom was home with my newly born brother. My mom would usually be on the trip with us, but because of the baby, she wasn't. Almost every ride ex.) POTC, HM, Mr. Toad; for some reason the ride would stop, and me and my brother would say it was dad's fault! LOL A few months later, my mom went with us and my dad stayed home with the baby. And wouldn't you know, NONE OF THE RIDES STOPPED!
    Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
    My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
    My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

• IZTUAZU!!!

Carousel of Progress (1988) during turn-of-the-century segment, looped 3 times before the carousel began moving again. I almost memorized "Now is the Time".

TTA (2003)- Stuck on track while other vehicles were still moving (near entrance to Space Mountain). One vehicle collided into ours (and it didn't feel good) and the collision caused our vehicle to move along again.
    J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

• WDW Cast Member

I had to evacuate Test Track one time. My car stopped right before the first Anti-Lock Brake test and we had to walk through the building, through the environmental chambers in a straight line and outside through a door right past the corrosive chamber. We all get free passes to come back again so I didn't mind too much.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

I got stuck on the lift hill at space mountain.

• XeroTheory142
    last week, a group of friends and I got stuck in the 4th dimension (or whatever dimension it is) room on ToT. we were just going along, took the little turn, then we stopped, the lights came and we watched as the fiberoptics on the door worked their magic and the shaft opened up. we sat there with the lights on, looking at the "ghosts" and moving doors and E=mc2 things for about 20 minutes. when it started back up, we got to ride the whole thing with the lights on, then when it was over, a CM came and said that anyone who wanted to ride again to follow. they took us down a hall, up/down the "service elevator" and we got back on. this time it was darker than it had ever been.

just a little fun fact that i just remembered from my little adventure:
    in the 4th dimension room, after you go by the ghosts and stuff, but before the fiberoptics and the shaft, there are elevator doors turned to their side on either side of the car. I don't know if they are very visible during the ride, though. I've got more, but im afraid they might be "dream-shattering" (or "Disney Magic" as my friend calls it)

• Banned User

the elevator doors on the cars are for securing it into the two shafts... DCa uses the same technology.. just at the begining and not end...

• The new guy

Delta Dream Flight
    Too bad that's not around anymore

• Minion

Years ago in the late '80s early 90's my family and I got stuck on HM/DL and I swear on Uncle Walt himself the knight came to life and poked his head around the corner of our doombuggy and said in the lowest most morbid voice ever "Are you okay?"...I've never seen my mom jump and scream so much and I almost peed my pants. I couldn't have been older than 12! It was crazy!!!

• Don't Panic

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    the elevator doors on the cars are for securing it into the two shafts... DCa uses the same technology.. just at the begining and not end...
    no, these are like the doors you go into in the boiler room (to enter the car.) they are on the walls of the 4th dimension room (they are turned sideways) before the real door (the one with the sweet fiberoptics) opens and you go into the shaft.
    unless i am totally interpreting what you said wrong...

------edit------
    and, theres no other place to bring this up, since there isnt really a support type forum, so: i had an account that i made a few days ago (and i posted my other message in this thread) but when i tried to log in today, it said my stuff was wrong and then it said my email address wasnt registered, so i just made a new account. i have no idea why im bringing this up, i just figured if there was a problem, it might need to be fixed, or just wondering if it has happened to anyone else.
    it would probably be much smarter to email this to an admin, but, eh, i already typed it here.
    man, im lazy.
    Last edited by xerotheory142; 04-02-2005 at 09:40 PM.

• Uber Disney freak! O

Only ride I've ever been stuck on is that damned Test Track. Piece of junk. Have been on HM & SSE when they briefly stopped before - I assume to load or unload handicapped patrons.
    -Ann

WDW:
    July 1987 - offsite, 1-day visit to the MK; July-August 2000 - honeymoon - Port Orleans (now POFQ); May 2003 - Caribbean Beach Resort; Dec 2003 - Coronado Springs; April 2004 - Pop Century (PC) & POFQ; Sept 2004 - Animal Kingdom Lodge; May 2005 - Port Orleans Riverside; Sept 2005 - PC; Oct 2006 - POFQ; Apr 2007 - PC; July 2007 - Boardwalk Villas (WOO HOO! I was at WDW in the MK on the 20th anniversary of my first visit!); August - Sept 2007 - Old Key West; Sept 2007 - Saratoga Springs; Oct 2007 - BWV; Mar-Apr 2008 - SS

DLR:
    Dec 2001 - Grand Californian; Jan 2005 - GC; July 2005 - HoJo Anaheim & GC; Dec 2008 - Best Western Park Place Inn

p.s. Wanna buy a ?

• Minion FOREVER!

I was stuck on the absolutely the worst ride to be stuck on.....

It's a Small World!!

I never figured out what happened, but it took over 20 minutes (felt like hours) to
    get us off. A couple of annoucements and THE SONG over and over and over...
    We saw a boat couple ahead of us evac'ed and they said that they were going
    to evac us, but the ride started operating.

I think all of us had jello for brains by the time we got off.

I've had minor waits on HM, PoTC, Alice and PeterPan, but nothing like IASW.

Quote Originally Posted by Planet7
    It's "Bad Show" and it's also a serious safety issue, if a panicking guest tries to get out on their own. A guy was killed like that a couple of years ago on Splash Mountain.
    That was my most memorable evacuation - however I was only in the loading docks.

I was evacuated from universe of energy, however not "officially", I was suffering from bronchitis, strep throat, and two ear infections when I began coughing and wheezing and flagged down a cast member who helped me crawl out of the machine (this was in the very beginning before they move) and I followed him out.

i have been stuck on almost every ride at Disney World (we go twice a year every year for the past ... 15) at one tiem or another, but I have not gotten any official evacuations - most I was near the exit or loading docks.

My mom had to evacuate spaceship earth - she wont even ride it anymore in fear of all of those stairs, lol

• Banned User

I wasn't Evact or Stuck on a single ride last week... (Mon-Wed... MGM, MK, Epcot)

My husband, two of our friends, and I got stuck on the Winnie the Pooh ride. It was kind of funny because all day long my husband kept saying that he has never gotten stuck on a ride. It was funny because that day was when we got "Stuck on Pooh" That is what we call it now whenever we talk about that day. We got evacuated and got to take some fun pictures..

Stuck in Paris

This is the thread were you can post and read the stories from the Disneyland Resort Paris.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast