Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

• Disney Freak

Re: Ever got stuck on an attraction??

I think getting stuck on the Haunted Mansion is one of the funnest, but also most scariests, because you stop and everything looks at you in the ride...lol. Hasn't happened in a while, since I havent been to any Disney resort in over a year or two :-(
    Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
    My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
    My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

Next people in line for Splash Mountain! Yay! But, after that 2 hour wait something went wrong. They closed for the night...GRR!
    But get this, the next day we got stopped TWICE on the hill right after the vulchers. My 22 year old sister was crying

• Banned User

Let's see......At WDW in Epcot, I got stuck twice on Spaceship Earth (not that it was a bad thing since I do love the attraction): Once in the Renaissance scene (for about 5-10 mins) and again right before the big finale with the cool fiber optics.

Also, a minor sigalert at Magic Kingdom in Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh near the end.

But back at home in Disneyland is a different story.
    Haunted Mansion (attic)
    Pirates of the Carribean (the LIFT)
    and the infamous IT'S A SMALL WORLD, LOL!!!!! Just Kidding!

• Banned User

Last time I was at the park I got stuck on peter pan, we waited about 15 minutes and then had to be walked thru , weird but fun

• Yes its that much fun!

Matterhorn!
    we were on the lift hill when it went down. It was pitch black and the chain on the other half was still running so it sounded like we wear moving and we were at such a steep agle that it was hard to tell at first but after a while it was obvious that we were stuck then the lights fiannly came on and the CM's showed up to evacuate.. I can tell you its real pain to ry to get out of a bobsled thats at a 45 degree angle!
    "I am about to pack up 21 years of Disney memorabilia from around the world that hopefully my great grandchildren will not sell on eBay"
    Micheal Eisner

• most magical vaca ever

Spaceship Earth for about 10 minutes (watching Michael Angelo paint) and then again for about 10 minutes where the kids are using laptops and pc's. I'm sure it was just do to people loading and unloading but my daughter was not very happy about it

Also when I was on my honeymoon, hubby and me were stuck on BTMRR for about 30 minutes just like mentioned above by Ride Warrior. They had a CM come up to talk to us for a few minutes. They were allowing anyone that wanted off to walk off, they said that whoever wanted to stay on could but if the ride wasn't up and running within another 15 minutes we'd have to all walk off. We stayed on and sure enough 15 minutes later the ride continued They then let us stand aside while they tested the ride and we were able to have the front seat on the next ride

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

When I went about 3 weeks ago, we were on Test Track, and while loading, they took one of the cars off the track due to the smell of burning rubber. Needless to say, when we went into the brake section, we skidded, and smelled the buring rubber smell again...not a good sign. By the time we reached the outside track, we just passed the wall and stopped....and waited. After about 20 minutes the car in front of us was evacuated and sent to maintainence. and we limped along to the end. We did get to reride without waiting though. But after that, we were very reluctant to do so.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

When I was on the Huanted Mansion I got stuck in the cemetary scene where everyone sings Grim Grinning Ghost, and it was so annoying sitting there for 15 minutes listening to them sing it over and over.

I've got a couple breakdown reports.

Two happened at Fantasmic (WDW). The show had just started and it got to the point where Mickey appears for the first time and he WASN'T THERE! The show continued for about 10 seconds and suddenly, all the lights came on and the fountains stopped. There was an announcement made that the show would continue in 10 minutes. I was really upset my dad wasn't filming. When I asked him to, he said, "Rick, I've filmed this for you twice. It's the same show we saw last year." Needless to say, Dad was kicking himself for not filming.

The next Fantasmic mishap was Thanksgiving weekend 2002 when I went with my high school choir to sing in the Candlelight Processional. The entire show was amazing. There’s nothing like seeing the faces of your closest friends seeing such an amazing show for the first time. Anyway, Mickey disappeared from the top of the mountain and appeared at the foot of the mountain for the finale. "Some imaginations, huh? Ha, ha!" BANG!!....MICKEY’S STILL THERE!!! And instead of just waving to the crowd and walking off stage (which would fool anyone who hasn’t seen the show before), he decides to run off as fast as he could to make it look like he disappeared. Ah, it was AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so mad!

As for ride breakdowns, we kinda broke down in ToT. Same Thanksgiving trip; we had just entered the drop-shaft on the 5th dimension floor and were waiting to fall. Rod said his voice-over and we were all literally shaking with fear, waiting to fall. We sat there...and sat there...and sat there...and sat there for probably a minute and a half. It seemed like FOREVER! No breakdown announcement, NOTHING! We all started trying to laugh it off but we were so scarred. The entire elevator was filled with kids from my high school (except for this poor older man who rode by himself). Finally we plunged straight down!!! I’ve never heard so much screaming in all my life. What a rush, it was amazing!!!!!

Good times, good times.

Have a great day,
    -Rick

• Colorado Bound?

Stuck on HM right near the singing busts. What a treat!

Stuck on Pirates in the burning city. Fun!

Stuck on Small World for 25 minutes. Sheer insanity!

Never evac'd.

• Princess in training

I got stuck on the Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh.. had to be walked out.. my friend found the thing that made the ride stop.. looked like this big round black thing.. and because he found it, we got some special pass that allowed us to skip the line in a different ride, of course when Pooh came back, we didnt have to wait

• No Longer The Candidate

Quote Originally Posted by bluelostgirl
    I got stuck on the Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh.. had to be walked out.. my friend found the thing that made the ride stop.. looked like this big round black thing..
    I thought that you were going to say that somebody ate too much honey and couldn't fit through the exit!

• Princess in training

lol now wouldn't that be a sight

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

When we were in WDW, first day, we got stuck on POC for close to an hour. We kept hoping that they would just let us off. No such luck. Had to hear "Carlos, don't be cheekin" over and over and over. They turned the lights on, kind of kills the magic. My then 4 year old didn't want to go on any more rides after that. My husband mentioned this to a CM and they gave us 6 one day passes. So that made up for it a little, except my son is not in any hurry to ride POC again.

It's always me

• ROFLCOPTER

I remember reading about these ppl who got stuck on 'small world' for 2 HOURS! Wow, thatwould give you a headache!
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast