Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Metro-Retro Historian

Favorite piece of music

Do you have a favorite piece of music from the parks? I'm opening this one up to past or present because my favorite doesn't exist anymore. It's the space loop from Horizons. It's only about two minutes long but I could listen to it for hours, and probably have.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• Make The Bumping Stop

Re: Favorite piece of music

Mine would have to be the Future World land music that plays in the courtyard by the fountain. With the surroundings and the atmosphere created gives me excited chills (even just sitting here thinking about it).

• Happy Haunt

I've always loved Kitchen Kabaret and the Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit part. The song that I get chills from is Golden Dream. I can't remember if it's still in the American Adventure. I think so.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The original EPCOT/Future World theme was pretty awesome. Quite dramatic and inspiring.

And of course the original version of "One Little Spark" from Journey Into Imagination is just fun. I get all bouncy whenever I hear it.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

My favorite would probably be something big and obvious like "Grim Grinning Ghosts" (ballroom for favorite version) or the theme from Main Street Electrical Parade.

But two favorites from the B-list:
    The Star Tunnel music of Space Mountain and the TTA
    And one particular bit of steel drumming heard in Adventureland.

• Occasional Reader

Illuminations ....but then I already own that. 4 parks 1 world CD is on my next visit shopping list. I'm too tight to pay the GDP of a small country in postage and customs duties.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• First Time Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by speedwayslave View Post
    Mine would have to be the Future World land music that plays in the courtyard by the fountain. With the surroundings and the atmosphere created gives me excited chills (even just sitting here thinking about it).
    Agreed! Getting off the monorail and hearing the Legacy song playing is one of the most exciting moments for me. I bought last year's offical CD's just to get my hands on this song. I had never seen it released before so I was very excited.
    Walt Disney World - August 2010!

• Minion

Illuminations Reflections of Earth. Incredible piece of music.

• The Study of Wumbo

I'll add to the IllumiNations: ROE soundtrack the soundtrack from Tapestry of Nations, that's also pretty awesome. And, to heck with it: I'll say all of the Millennium Celebration music. I bought a sampler CD that came free with Energizer batteries in 2000 on eBay and I listen to it all the time.

Magic Kingdom? I'll take the Mansion and some Small World. The Timekeeper had some very good music and so did Wings/Fly/Delta/Take/Dreamflight. And I love my Carousel of Progress.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

I like the music to Spaceship Earth and Impression of France, very soothing. MK - peter pan :-)

Star Tunnel-Space Mountain

Tomorrowland Area Loop

• Gator Dad

My favorite is the song (sorry, don't know the official title) that plays over the closing montage of the American Adventure. Chokes me up everytime.

Camille Saint-Saens' 'Aquarium' movement from 'Le Carnaval des Animaux' in 'Imressions de France' film.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

"Behind the waterfall" is always a favorite with me, the entrie music of Horizons is great and all of the tomorrowland music and epcot music is awesome!

Timekeeper

Quote Originally Posted by urbandonovan View Post
    My favorite is the song (sorry, don't know the official title) that plays over the closing montage of the American Adventure. Chokes me up everytime.
    It's on the 2 disc CD Four Parks One World - along with the music from the movie in France and the updated version of the music from O Canada, and the entrance music from Epcot Future World and the soundtrack to Soarin. It's a great compilation of music.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast