Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Memory Maker

Siemens Now Sponsors Spaceship Earth, ROE and more

Here is a quote from WDWMagic, take it for what it's worth....
    There is word coming from Epcot that a new sponsor has been found to replace AT&T at Spaceship Earth. The corporate lounge in the attraction has been cleared, and is being prepared for the arrival of the new sponsor. What is not yet clear, is who the new sponsor is to be. However, Siemens (one of the world’s largest electrical engineering and electronics companies) appears to be a possible candidate. More information to come as things become confirmed.
    A new sponsor would be great (although hopefully they won't want to completely redo the attraction). Note that I did put the word "Rumor" in this threads title. This is not official, nor am I claiming it to be.

-Michael
    Last edited by TheDisneyInquisitor; 11-08-2005 at 04:46 PM.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Spaceship Earth Rumor

Would that make EPCOT the largest inseminator on earth?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

the ride did seem to be running differently... less squeeks.. thought the audio wasn't good.. but the fire smell was great.. esp when you stop there for 2 mins.. lol

a new sponsor would be welcomed... then the ride goes down for few months to remove last of AT&T mentions... (logos on TV) and update view on technology... and history...

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Would that make EPCOT the largest inseminator on earth?

Hey, hopefully that is good news... and hopefully with a new sponsor they'll be able to update the attraction a bit in the final scenes and put something cool and interactive in the post-show area.

• Monorail Racer

It certainly could be good news, depending on what comes with it.

I've been hearing quite a bit of talk concerning Spaceship Earth. The operation of the attraction has not changed since the end of the summer. I've also heard that the VIP lounge is under renovation, which I can assure you is not true. I was just up there a few days ago, and it looks as though it is in little need of renovation. Guest Relations is still using it for tour gathering places and it hasn't appeared to have been touched for some time.

There is always the chance for new sponsorship, and I've heard that there are some companies that are very interested in sponsoring a new attraction in or at the Wonders of Life pavilion. One company in particular I've been hearing about, but I cannot say which one.

Spaceship Earth is kept up very well, what I hope to see above all else, is the renovation of the Global Neighborhood post-show.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Sex Panther made by Odeon

This ride always breaks down when I go on it, every freakin time, love it! Spaceship earth needs to be re-worked for good! They should put a minature golf course in the golf ball, and and call it spaceship minature golf!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepin'MyPeeps
    This ride always breaks down when I go on it, every freakin time, love it! Spaceship earth needs to be re-worked for good! They should put a minature golf course in the golf ball, and and call it spaceship minature golf!
    Actually, It doesn't break down very often. What's happening when the "Time Machine" stops is that people with disabilaties are loading or unloading. Since the cars are on a continuous train, they have to stop the motion of the ride to allow these people time to get in and out of their cars.

It happens often, and there have only been a few times where I've ridden Spaceship Earth without an interruption.

• Banned User

We can't expect the general public to understand what it means to load a disabled guest... lol.

To them it seems like it's broken down.

They seem to pay no attention to the entrance spiel that says... this attraction makes perodic stops and rotates backwards for your return to Earth.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

That would be great news. Maybe they can get some updates.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• ROFLCOPTER

It needs a good refubishment, maby Epcot is saving it for the new sponser?
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Siemens is confirmed! YES! Maybe we'll see a new Global Neighborhood in the not-so-distant future.

• Banned User

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13957

It's more than just Spaceship Earth. Now Disney can build those Nuclear Missiles to put in the Cinderella Castle silos that we keep talking about. lol

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13957

It's more than just Spaceship Earth. Now Disney can build those Nuclear Missiles to put in the Cinderella Castle silos that we keep talking about. lol
    Good point Bill. I hear that they are actually "Neutron Bombs" which kill all the people but don't ruin the theming or damage the Animatronics. A real advance if you ask me.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Disney Memory Maker

Siemens and The Walt Disney Company Announce Strategic Alliance
    Tuesday November 8, 9:00 am ET
    Siemens Will Sponsor Attractions and Implement New Technologies across a Range of Disney Businesses
    BURBANK, Calif. & NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 8, 2005--Siemens AG and The Walt Disney Company announced today a 12-year strategic alliance -- bringing together the world's leading family entertainment company with a premier global technology and infrastructure company. While Disney already uses a range of Siemens technologies, the agreement expands the relationship and paves the way for the two companies to broaden their technological collaboration across several platforms.

"Embracing new technology is a key strategic priority at Disney because it supports our commitment to creating an outstanding guest experience and drives growth for the entire Company," said Robert A. Iger, president and CEO, The Walt Disney Company. "Our extended and strengthened relationship with Siemens is a perfect fit as we implement new forms of technology."

The agreement includes marketing and promotional rights, attraction sponsorships and a promotional presence that features Siemens products and services at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida and Disneyland Resort in California.

"Disney and Siemens are two of the world's most recognized and respected brands, both known for their relentless commitment to innovation," said George Nolen, Siemens Corporation president and CEO. "We look forward to working with Disney to grow our relationship and realize the potential of two great innovators."

As part of the deal, Siemens will sponsor several rides and attractions at Walt Disney World Resort including the Epcot icon, "SpaceShip Earth," the nighttime Epcot fireworks show, "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth," as well as new attractions that will be incorporated into Innoventions both at Epcot and at Disneyland Resort. The Sylvania lighting division of Siemens will sponsor Disney-MGM Studio's holiday light show -- "Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights," as well as "Disney's Electrical Parade" and "Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams" at Disneyland Resort in California.

In addition, the companies will work together to develop and further apply new technologies across a range of platforms, as well as explore ways to integrate some of Siemens' technologies into Disney's current attractions and at its resorts. Siemens also will build on its existing relationship with Disney Media Network's and ESPN by sponsoring ABC's video board at Times Square in New York City.

"This new relationship creates an ideal opportunity to demonstrate Siemens' innovations to our customers while also strengthening the Siemens brand in a memorable and relevant way," added Nolen.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast