Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker : Official Thread

No Fire Mountain is going to end up in Fantasyland. LOL.
    -Bill

My mom told me about this being on CSPAN2 this morning.

If you go to the one hour mark Jack Blitch of WDI talks about how they design stuff at the parks. He shows a computer fly through of the mermaid attraction at Disney World at about the 1:13:00 point of the video.

NASA Information Technology Summit, Day 2 - C-SPAN Video Library

• Future Imagineer

Man, the rumors are flying. A whole circus mini-land for Dumbo? And a mystery ride... Hmmmmm.

Great thread!

• Drink life to the lees.

I'm slightly confused... So it's confirmed that there will be changes to the announced expansion plan, right? Are there any rumors as to what those changes are and how they could effect the rest of the Magic Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by stitchrulz View Post
    I'm slightly confused... So it's confirmed that there will be changes to the announced expansion plan, right? Are there any rumors as to what those changes are and how they could effect the rest of the Magic Kingdom?
    Not yet maybe they still debating what to go
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

As of now it appears the meet and greets have been scaled back, while there is another ride planned. From the rumors swirling on WDWmagic, the ride is an original, planned for another park but appearing in the MK first. It can be a dark ride, flume, or coaster. There also is a Dumbo miniland as stated above, with a Casey Junior quick service location. Also, now there are rumors of Snow White closing to become the meet and greets. Perhaps temporarily until construction is done, perhaps for good.

Again, these are all rumors flying around but they come from the more reliable people on that board. I think we do know Pixie Hollow is gone, and a new ride is coming in addition to Mermaid. The rest we'll have to wait and see.

Also, plans might change and some people might not have accurate info, but these are the most prevalent rumors from reliable people.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Drink life to the lees.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    As of now it appears the meet and greets have been scaled back, while there is another ride planned. From the rumors swirling on WDWmagic, the ride is an original, planned for another park but appearing in the MK first. It can be a dark ride, flume, or coaster. There also is a Dumbo miniland as stated above, with a Casey Junior quick service location. Also, now there are rumors of Snow White closing to become the meet and greets. Perhaps temporarily until construction is done, perhaps for good.

Again, these are all rumors flying around but they come from the more reliable people on that board. I think we do know Pixie Hollow is gone, and a new ride is coming in addition to Mermaid. The rest we'll have to wait and see.

Also, plans might change and some people might not have accurate info, but these are the most prevalent rumors from reliable people.

Thank you so much! I'm glad they realized all of the meet and greets were a bad idea. Are there any rumors concerning further expansion of the park, besides Fantasyland?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Thank you so much! I'm glad they realized all of the meet and greets were a bad idea. Are there any rumors concerning further expansion of the park, besides Fantasyland?
    Just to stress again, these are the current rumors from another site, but are from the people highly regarded as people who have insider info. This is not definite.

There was talk of Frontierland for a while, but I think that talk has since died.

I'm annoyed deeply by the new choice of rides. I don't want a Little Mermaid themed ride, and it annoys me more that it's not going to be anything more than a ride-through like Haunted Mansion. Let's get some mildly thrilling rides in there, Disney, come on. Put back 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDWEric71 View Post
    I'm annoyed deeply by the new choice of rides. I don't want a Little Mermaid themed ride, and it annoys me more that it's not going to be anything more than a ride-through like Haunted Mansion. Let's get some mildly thrilling rides in there, Disney, come on. Put back 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea!!
    Well considering the newest info appears to have a Snow White Mine Coaster going in place of the Meet and Greets, you might have you wish.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by I like Orange View Post
    My mom told me about this being on CSPAN2 this morning.

If you go to the one hour mark Jack Blitch of WDI talks about how they design stuff at the parks. He shows a computer fly through of the mermaid attraction at Disney World at about the 1:13:00 point of the video.

NASA Information Technology Summit, Day 2 - C-SPAN Video Library
    Great find! Thanks for posting.
    Down with the Hat

Quote Originally Posted by inluvwithbeast View Post
    Man, the rumors are flying. A whole circus mini-land for Dumbo? And a mystery ride... Hmmmmm.
    sounds like the never built land that was proposed for Disneyland before videopolis took over the area. (videopolis was located where the fantasyland theater is now)

That land had the Dumbo ride along with a dark ride themed with many of the classic Disney cartoons

• Member; Mousketeer

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    sounds like the never built land that was proposed for Disneyland before videopolis took over the area. (videopolis was located where the fantasyland theater is now)

That land had the Dumbo ride along with a dark ride themed with many of the classic Disney cartoons
    Would it be this one?

• 秘密のヘルツ

Yikes, I don't know. A circus land sounds like a bad idea to me. It's extremely outdated, and by design, circus things look tacky to 21st century sensibilities. Not to mention, something like 20% of people (if you trust the internet's numbers) are afraid of clowns - my boyfriend included.

If they're seriously putting in a Dumbo's circus land and not Neverland, then I think I might have to accept that Disney is officially 'round the bend, and out of touch.

Seriously, do people of any age really like circuses anymore? I thought there was a huge boycott of Ringling Bros. recently due to their supposed cruel treatment of animals? I'm fascinated why they'd go with this idea over all other possible things that could be put into a Fantasyland expansion.

Help me understand the logic here.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast