Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker : Official Thread

^^^ oh gosh, why to I believe this rumor. Because its fits in perfectly with the company as it behaves today. How could they do a Circus theme? Because its Cheap!!! Just like Chesters and Hesters, Carnival Rides theme to a Carnival set up in a parking lot. Cheap like a Fair, be it a Town Town Fair, or a bugs Fun Fair, or perhaps the even more vague "playland". All of these are examples of cheaped out theming. Yeah Walt loved the Circus, but the Circus was a much more romantic notion back in Walt's day. But they'll use that and an excuse for this "highly theme area that Walt would have love to see finally realized". For me, perhaps the reason they never really got a Circus theme to work is because even though Walt's like them, the Circus is somewhat the opposite end of entertainment quality then that of the Theme Park Walt Created. Then again so are the "fairs" and "playland" this company has sinced dreamed up, but it built them anyway.

I will hope its not the Circus theme that gets added to the new Fantasyland, but I suspect that it will very much be the case.

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I usually don't post here on the WDW forums, but this caught my eye:

Quote Originally Posted by jupitertronic View Post
    Yikes, I don't know. A circus land sounds like a bad idea to me. It's extremely outdated, and by design, circus things look tacky to 21st century sensibilities. Not to mention, something like 20% of people (if you trust the internet's numbers) are afraid of clowns - my boyfriend included.

If they're seriously putting in a Dumbo's circus land and not Neverland, then I think I might have to accept that Disney is officially 'round the bend, and out of touch.

Seriously, do people of any age really like circuses anymore? I thought there was a huge boycott of Ringling Bros. recently due to their supposed cruel treatment of animals? I'm fascinated why they'd go with this idea over all other possible things that could be put into a Fantasyland expansion.

Help me understand the logic here.
    Well, first of all, circus is far from dead. The "next generation" of circuses - performing troupes such as Cirque de Soleil - are highly successful and draws in the crowds.

Granted, this isn't what Dumbo was about. But I think the appeal still lasts, I think. And besides, clowns don't appear in Dumbo (I think, anyway ) so we'll be safe from the murderous clowns.

Sure, it might look tacky if done wrong - but Disney is spending a lot of money on this project, plus it has to go against Harry Potter, the new LEGOland down where Cypress Gardens used to be, plus Seaworld, plus the new megacoaster that'll be coming to Busch Gardens sometime very soon.

Disney realizes the stakes they're playing for, and personally, I find Disney to be the most motivated and focused on what they're doing when there's competition.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by The Disneylander View Post
    And besides, clowns don't appear in Dumbo (I think, anyway ) so we'll be safe from the murderous clowns.
    Dumbo is LOADED with Clowns!

http://magicalscreencaps.com/images/.../dumbo_290.jpg
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 08-28-2010 at 02:33 PM. Reason: hotlinked picture removed

• Future Imagineer

I think the problem with Neverland would be distinguishing it from the "Fantasy Forest" theme. I mean Neverland is an island with a bay for pirate ships and a cove with mermaids.... idk. A circus seems more feasible. I mean, you walk through the forest and stumble upon a traveling circus. It flows nicely.

• Minion

ORDDU: Just a personal request of mine, please. But instead of wandering through the forest and stumbling upon a circus, might I rather stumble across a handsome prince? After all, this IS a forest of fantasies, is it not?

• Disney aficionado

might I stumble upon a million dollars, and it actually be real not a fantasy lol

• Nutty about Disney parks

The Dumbo Circus Land rumor reminds me a little bit of Mickey's Toontown Fair. I wouldnt be surprised if the land is intended to replace the Toontown Fair because it has several fair tents that can easily be reconverted into circus tents with a bit of paint. In other words...a cheap alteration of Mickey's Toontown Fair.

This would be a bummer, cuz I really want the fair aspect gone...it's tacky and bland in the theming and architecture department...I almost would prefer the meet 'n greets...if only for prettier theming.

I too fear that the upcoming TLM ride will not be all it's cracked to be. I've seen video footage of the animatronics that were testing for the ride in DCA and it looks like Monsters Inc all over again.

A question for all on here: What are your thoughts on the fact that there will be other castles in Fantasyland other than Cinderella's castle? It will seem kinda awkward to me.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The Dumbo Circus Land rumor reminds me a little bit of Mickey's Toontown Fair. I wouldnt be surprised if the land is intended to replace the Toontown Fair because it has several fair tents that can easily be reconverted into circus tents with a bit of paint. In other words...a cheap alteration of Mickey's Toontown Fair.
    The original rumors mentioned this and it was stated that there is a very slim chance of the existing tents being kept. They are nearly 20 years old.

A question for all on here: What are your thoughts on the fact that there will be other castles in Fantasyland other than Cinderella's castle? It will seem kinda awkward to me.
    The Queen of Heart's castle is in Disneyland Paris.

• Minion

ORGOCH: I can see it all now! Cindersmelly won't be the only prissy little princess with castle no more. That'll cause a cat fight fer sure! The Little Meter Maid'll come out sayin' her castle's bigger 'n better than Cindersmelly's Castle an' befer ya know the two of 'em will be rollin' in the mud! Then Dumb Belle's gonna come out and say SHE'S the one that's really got the best castle in Fantasyland an' there'll be one more gal rollin' in the mud--gittin' her ball gown all dirtied up.

ORWEN: You always know how to ruin things don't you, old biddy!

ORGOCH: Just tellin' the truth. Ev'rybody back stage already knows none a them prissy princesses gits along very well. They's always playin' nasty pranks on each other--like the time Snow Ball an' the 7 Flakes went an' dumped a whole bunch a bed bugs inta Snoozin' Floozie's bed! What a cat fight THAT turned out ta be after Princess A'snora got hold a Snow Ball and wrung her little neck! The Walt Dizzy Comp'ny tries ta keep this stuff from the public but I knows better!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Some glimpses of the Pooh queue now appearing:

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

And from WDWNT:
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Some glimpses of the Pooh queue now appearing...[/IMG]
    Hard to tell too much from those photos, but I'm definitely intrigued, at least. Looks like there's some effort being put into the theming, though the real question is if the majority is that elaborate.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Per raven on WDWMagic, Goofy's Barnstormer will be renamed The Great Goofini and will maintain the new circus theme for that area of Fantasyland. Dumbo will be next to it.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Romantic View Post
    Hard to tell too much from those photos, but I'm definitely intrigued, at least. Looks like there's some effort being put into the theming, though the real question is if the majority is that elaborate.
    I hope this means that they're getting rid of the medieval fair facade surrounding the ride and the shop next door. Then Pooh will be the first attraction in Fantasyland with elaborate queue/facade theming...and hopefully the other attractions in the area will follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by RSoxNo1 View Post
    Per raven on WDWMagic, Goofy's Barnstormer will be renamed The Great Goofini and will maintain the new circus theme for that area of Fantasyland. Dumbo will be next to it.
    For real?! AUGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!

I too fear that the upcoming TLM ride will not be all it's cracked to be. I've seen video footage of the animatronics that were testing for the ride in DCA and it looks like Monsters Inc all over again.
    Most of the figures in Monsters Inc. don't move much. The only footage I have seen of Mermaids' figures are background characters from the 'Under the Sea' scene which don't need to do more then spin around. The dancing turtles looks pretty great. The real thing we want to see will be Ariel, Ursula, Scuttle and Sebastian who actually have to perform more then repetitious motions.

Today the head of Garner Holt (the company that makes all the figures for Disneyland) is speaking at the the 1313 club animatronic event in SoCal, so we might know a bit more very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    Today the head of Garner Holt (the company that makes all the figures for Disneyland) is speaking at the the 1313 club animatronic event in SoCal, so we might know a bit more very soon.
    Garner Holt is doing both sets of animatronics (Florida and California). I've heard great things about this ride so I'm optimistic. If it's closer to Winnie the Pooh than a legit AA driven show, I'm going to be disappointed.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast