Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker : Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ryran75 View Post
    I am only posting what vague information which has been given to retail CMs. An interactive HM queue may very well be true, but there was information given about "Princess and the Frog". Perhaps that may be a teaser for something to come 'down the road'.

I also do not believe that the boards are always the most reliable "or" plausible.
    [IMG][/IMG]

For your benefit here is the test done by imagineering earlier this past year.

The Dread family? Ok? That's weird and makes no sense to me with HM's storyline.

They are taking out all the funny tombstones and somehow replacing it with this? Sigh.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Aye caramba.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Remember everyone, this is only a test. Just because it looks hideous doesn't mean it'll stay that way.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Yeah, but was that ride ever popular, regardless of the cutouts? When people go to disneyland, they don't think about stupid celebrities that get married and devorced every 2 weeks. They think about Mickey, Donald, and Goofy.
    While SSL has its supporters I do not think that anyone would have called it popular. During it's short life it was always a walk on and got very low numbers from guests. It was shut down in less than a year of operations.

from twitter..
    Fantasyland Forest now officially given 2013 opening date for most experiences. What that means is a majority won't open until 2013.

not sure who their source is but that sucks i was really hoping for nov 2012

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Remember everyone, this is only a test. Just because it looks hideous doesn't mean it'll stay that way.
    And numerous insiders on other boards have stated the gravestones are returning.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by cbconglom View Post
    from twitter..
    Fantasyland Forest now officially given 2013 opening date for most experiences. What that means is a majority won't open until 2013.

not sure who their source is but that sucks i was really hoping for nov 2012
    That's not surprising considering the revisioned plans for Fantasyland Forest havent even been announced yet. But they're already breaking ground on the BatB section and The Little Mermaid so surely those things would be built and completed first since they're already guaranteed to be built in their respective locations, right?

• Call me "Mox"

I just got back from the Magic Kingdom and for the first time ever I went on the Winnie the Pooh ride.. I'm 27 years old and really don't care for Winnie the Pooh but I really wanted to see the new queue. It looks really cool. I really hope these are signs of better things to come and that these new additions last and don't break down in the coming months or years. The Tigger Bounce area was roped off so I don't know if it was just closed or broken. I'm really hoping it was just because they didn't need the extra bit of queuing area.

The Beauty and the Beast Popcorn cart looked awesome. Makes you hope that if they're putting that much detail into a popcorn cart that the Fantasyland Expansion has a similar look and feel.

Looks like they've got a lot more things built in the Expansion area since I was last up there in October.

Splash Mountain was down for refurbishments, The Haunted Mansion graveyard is still blocked off, you can see a bit from Tom Sawyer's Island but not enough to tell what they're building, and while walking from Saratoga Springs to Down Town Disney you can see that they have started to dismantle the old abandoned club buildings next to the water in the former Pleasure Island area. It was nice to see walls up in the Magic Kingdom and other areas, to me it means they are spending more money refurbishing areas of the property and hopefully the are other large changes coming.

I ate at La Hacienda in Epcot for the first time. The portions were a bit small but the food was excellent.

I would have taken pictures.... but.... I left my camera in my other car.
    "All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."

Disneyland - 1995, 1988
    Walt Disney World - JAN 2011, OCT 2010, SEPT 2010, MAY 2010, MAR 2010, JULY 2009, MAY 2009, JULY 1999

Next Trips:
    WDW - Valentine's Day 2011
    Disneyland - Late May/Early June

Hopefully the expansion will be complete by the summer of 2013, because that's when I'll probably take my next trip out there.

Disneyreport.com lists a press conference by Disney on Jan 18th that will spill the beans about the new Fantasyland plans.

I thought they would save any info for the D23 event in May but I guess they can't wait. That's fine by me, I can't wait either.

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    Disneyreport.com lists a press conference by Disney on Jan 18th that will spill the beans about the new Fantasyland plans.

I thought they would save any info for the D23 event in May but I guess they can't wait. That's fine by me, I can't wait either.
    Finally! A real press conference that will finally tell us what we all want to know! What will happen to Fantasyland. Crossing my fingers for something Pinocchio.

Finally! A real press conference that will finally tell us what we all want to know! What will happen to Fantasyland. Crossing my fingers for something Pinocchio.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post

Yes! About time! Let's hope for something goo!

I know this sounds pretty dumb, considering its 2011 Disney we're dealing with, but I'm hoping for something non-movie related.