Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122 LastLast

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker : Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by taagsmash View Post
    I know this sounds pretty dumb, considering its 2011 Disney we're dealing with, but I'm hoping for something non-movie related.
    That does sound pretty dumb. Considering that Fantasyland is supposed to be place where animated characters are supposed to be used as inspiration for rides and attractions. Small World and Matterhorn are the only 2 rides that aren't animated film based, and Matterhorn was once considered a tomorrowland attraction. And it needs to stay that way.

Plus, Disney trys to brand everything these days, so it'll have only movie related attractions. I don't know why they do that considering the fact that their most popular rides are ones that don't have anything to do with films. Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Matterhorn, and Small World are all non-film rides. The only eticket that is based on animation, is Splash Mountain. And Brer Rabbit isn't even hardly remembered by the average tourist these days.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

What I'm reading is the closing of Snow White, the new Snow White coaster, details on Circusland, the new meet and greet complex in Snow White's old building, Disney Dream, memories, and possibly a few surprises...

Of course this is more hopeful than not, but seems to be what other insiders have posted.

And it'll be a late news night, as the press event is after 6PM, since that's when the Magic Kingdom is closing that day.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    That does sound pretty dumb. Considering that Fantasyland is supposed to be place where animated characters are supposed to be used as inspiration for rides and attractions. Small World and Matterhorn are the only 2 rides that aren't animated film based, and Matterhorn was once considered a tomorrowland attraction. And it needs to stay that way.
    Just because I'm new to the site doesn't mean I'm new too Disney, pal. Of course Fantasyland has major ties to animation, but seeing as though theres at least one movie based ride in each land at this point, maybe they'd be willing to fit an original attraction into the FL update. That, and I figured since Small Worlds is already in there, its not like an unprecedented thing.

And in general, I'm just dying for a non-movie related ride. It's been far too long since the Magic Kingdom has had one that, as long as it fits well with the theme, I don't care where its put.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Original ride concepts at WDW are stagnant. I wouldn't expect more than maybe 2-3 original WOW attractions per decade. Last decade (2000s) we got Test Track, Expedition Everest, and Soarin'. The decade prior (1990s) we got Tower of Terror, Kilimanjaro Safaris...and.... Yes there have been more original rides in Disney parks than those but the ones I mentioned above are the successful ones which weren't carnival rides with a Disney label slapped on them.

Disney character and franchise attraction will always take top billing (especially the way the Disney suits think at TDO these days). But don't lose hope on getting at least 1 or 2 original attractions this decade though. The decade just started after all.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post
    Disneyreport.com lists a press conference by Disney on Jan 18th that will spill the beans about the new Fantasyland plans.

I thought they would save any info for the D23 event in May but I guess they can't wait. That's fine by me, I can't wait either.

While i hope Disneyreport.com's guess that this is about Fantasyland is correct, I believe in reality it will be just another reboot and kick off of the Marketing Campaign "Let the Memories Begin".

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Small World and Matterhorn are the only 2 rides that aren't animated film based,
    Matterhorn was inspired by Disney's film, "Third Man on the Mountain", which was released in 1959. So ok it wasn't an animated film, but still inspired by a Disney film.

Third Man on the Mountain (1959) - IMDb

But Matterhorn is at Disneyland. This is the WDW forum here. Wrong coast.

Small World wasn't inspired by ANY film.

• Metro-Retro Historian

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was another Fantasyland ride not based on an animated film. Also, the Skyway wasn't based on any film at all.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

All I'm trying to say is that it's very unlikely that Disney will make a ride not based on any film. Small World is the only ride on the east coast that isn't based on a film currently, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

• Mostly Harmless.

All I'm trying to say is that it's very unlikely that Disney will make a ride not based on any film. Small World is the only ride on the east coast that isn't based on a film currently, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.
    Are we talking Fantasyland, MK, or WDW in general? Cause you know East Coast says WDW to me and if there is a Living with the LAnd film... just sayin'.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Are we talking Fantasyland, MK, or WDW in general? Cause you know East Coast says WDW to me and if there is a Living with the LAnd film... just sayin'.
    This whole thread is about Fantasyland.

Oh and the Canal Boats of the World, Motor Boat Cruise, Fantasyland Autopia, Midget Autopia, Disneyland Railroad and Videopolis are more Disneyland, non-animated film based attractions that used to exist in Fantasyland. And for awhile Magic Journeys did play in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Oh and the Canal Boats of the World
    Do you mean the boat ride at Disneyland where you go through Monstro's mouth and see all the miniature houses? If so, it's still there and it's correct name is Storybook Land Canals.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Do you mean the boat ride at Disneyland where you go through Monstro's mouth and see all the miniature houses? If so, it's still there and it's correct name is Storybook Land Canals.
    No, I mean the Canal Boats of the World. The Storybook Land Canal Boats replaced the poorly received Canal Boats of the World in the summer of 1956 when the mostly barren landscaping was replaced with models based on scenes from the Disney animated films.

Edit: Found a photo of the glorious nothingness that was the Canal Boats of the World.
    http://davelandweb.com/storybook/pop...er55_1994B.jpg
    Last edited by lazyboy97O; 01-16-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Add photo link

• Hello Dolly.

No, I mean the Canal Boats of the World. The Storybook Land Canal Boats replaced the poorly received Canal Boats of the World in the summer of 1956 when the mostly barren landscaping was replaced with models based on scenes from the Disney animated films.

Edit: Found a photo of the glorious nothingness that was the Canal Boats of the World.
    DAVELAND STORYBOOK AND CASEY JUNIOR PHOTO
    Eeeek I had no idea. Even that kid in the boat looks bored!

• Mostly Harmless.

This whole thread is about Fantasyland.

Oh and the Canal Boats of the World, Motor Boat Cruise, Fantasyland Autopia, Midget Autopia, Disneyland Railroad and Videopolis are more Disneyland, non-animated film based attractions that used to exist in Fantasyland. And for awhile Magic Journeys did play in Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom
    I realize this thread is about Fantasyland. I was Just sayin' East Coast is a broad spectrum. Oh and the carousel belongs to Cinderella, but is not necessarily movie based.
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• Pilot EdForceOne

DAVELAND STORYBOOK AND CASEY JUNIOR PHOTO
    This image is best served to answer the threads of... 'how did they build DL in one year and its taking this long for XYZ?????' - this answers your question in what the original DL was in many ways
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged