Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

• Occasional Reader

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker : Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post

The BUILDING is Exposion Hall, not the store. When the meet and greets open, and guests ask where to meet mickey... they are going to be directed to Exposition Hall.
    That makes 3 of us. you have my vote !
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

No, they won't. The meet and greets will exit into the Expo Hall. The entrance will be to the right of Expo Hall where the 25th Anniversary Welcome Center Entrance was. I'm not sure what it will be called now, but it won't be the Expo Hall.

You're all WRONG if you think otherwise, plain and simple. That building is NOT the Expo Hall. The store there became the "Main Street Exposition Hall Presented by Kodak" when the Kodak Camera Center was replaced by the Confectionery. The building was never designed to be called "The Expo Hall."

Of course, then logically you might ask what the building name is...

That would be "The Hospitality House"... but no one refers to it as that anymore because Kodak had all "The Hospitality House" signage removed and replaced with Expo signs for their store.

Make no mistake, The Expo Hall is not the name of the building. Tony's Town Square Restaurant is not inside The Expo Hall.

If you want, by all means say that the front center of the building is the Expo Hall, but the entire building is not.

I don't understand why any of you are doubting me on this. I've studied Magic Kingdom Blueprints and naming conventions my entire life. I think I would know what everything is called in the park.
    -Bill

• Make The Bumping Stop

It would be cool if everyone could just get along, as a former fantasyland CM it would be nice to be able to follow this thread and not have it derailed/locked. =X

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    No, they won't. The meet and greets will exit into the Expo Hall. The entrance will be to the right of Expo Hall where the 25th Anniversary Welcome Center Entrance was. I'm not sure what it will be called now, but it won't be the Expo Hall.

You're all WRONG if you think otherwise, plain and simple. That building is NOT the Expo Hall. The store there became the "Main Street Exposition Hall Presented by Kodak" when the Kodak Camera Center was replaced by the Confectionery. The building was never designed to be called "The Expo Hall."

Of course, then logically you might ask what the building name is...

That would be "The Hospitality House"... but no one refers to it as that anymore because Kodak had all "The Hospitality House" signage removed and replaced with Expo signs for their store.

Make no mistake, The Expo Hall is not the name of the building. Tony's Town Square Restaurant is not inside The Expo Hall.

If you want, by all means say that the front center of the building is the Expo Hall, but the entire building is not.

I don't understand why any of you are doubting me on this. I've studied Magic Kingdom Blueprints and naming conventions my entire life. I think I would know what everything is called in the park.

No flame insteaded... honestly but your credentials are unverified (as are mine) and everyone has there own opinion.

You may not like it, and it may even be inaccurate as you say, but the building today is referred to Exposition Hall even if doing so is incorrect.

Warning Bill, once it opens, Cast members are going to direct guests to this building and they probably aren't going to say, "use the entrance to the right hand side of Exposition Hall" weather you like it or agree with it or not.

That said.... you are too emotionally charged for for something so semantic.... I am just not willing to die on this hill.

Have it your way, Mickey and Minnie will be greeted someplace near Exposition Hall, probably the entrance to the right of that Hall.

Now back to Fantasyland the closures of the Toontown Fair.....

the dueling Dumbos... I think they will not be the TDL type but rather what you see now times two. The artwork clearly shows the current type Dumbo attraction model and second for capacity reasons, they have stated this will double the current capacity of the attraction. Using the TDL older model would not result in a doubling of the capacity.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Agreed to disagree, let's move on...

Here's the newest news:

On May 10th, the back part of Fantasyland will close permanently. This includes Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Playful Spot. The current character meet & greets will be re-located to other areas in the park. Ariel & Eric will move to Adventureland, while Pooh & Friends will move to Town Square.
    -Bill

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Disney's reporting that, not WDWmagic. lol. They just picked it up. No need to reference of give credit to that site.

Actually, you should give credit to that site or any site that does report this. Disney has not announced that at all or will announce up to the minute details- sites dedicated to the expansion do.

It's called plagirism and it's illegal : o

one hundred and one

Does anyone know when Toon Town area will close permanently? I am going the week of May 23 to the 28 with some frist timers and they would like to see it before it goes away.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Ooo, very hard to tell. That date has not been announced.

However...

I doubt ToonTown Fair will close until after the summer. They don't even start major construction on the new Main Street U.S.A. Meet & Greet Experience until next week. If they finish it in a month, I'd be amazed. Until that new Meet & Greet is open, ToonTown Fair will be open.
    -Bill

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

Bill, why does it seem that a lot of your info is just off of track talk notes?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Well, perhaps where you work they have track talks that say the same things that I do, but I'm afraid we don't have track talks in my department, so I'm not sure what or if you're trying to imply anything. Besides, I can't talk about things that aren't "generally known". Ha ha. Fantasyland's Expansion and construction walls... that falls into "generally known" in my book, so don't try to make it sound like I'm leaking company information or something, because I'm not.

Anything I talk about on Mice Chat, it's generally known or can be found out easily by asking anyone in the company. I'm not like Eisner when he let it slip that Everest was being built at the shareholder meeting a few years back. Ha ha. But I will say that WAS classic.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 03-29-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    -Bill

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

I was pretty sure Tomorrowland Merch had some form of Track Talks. You know the rules Bill.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 03-29-2010 at 09:49 AM.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Well, perhaps where you work they have track talks that say the same things that I do, but I'm afraid we don't have track talks in my department, so I'm not sure what or if you're trying to imply anything. Besides, I can't talk about things that aren't "generally known". Ha ha. Fantasyland's Expansion and construction walls... that falls into "generally known" in my book, so don't try to make it sound like I'm leaking company information or something, because I'm not.

Anything I talk about on Mice Chat, it's generally known or can be found out easily by asking anyone in the company. I'm not like Eisner when he let it slip that Everest was being built at the shareholder meeting a few years back. Ha ha. But I will say that WAS classic.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 03-29-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Removed info that could possibly endanger a CM. Posting such is against MiceChat rules.
    -Bill

You know... I have had a conversation with others while riding test track. Does that count as track notes? (Just trying to lighten the mood)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Seeing the sign underneath which claims "featuring Milestone in Animation: Now Showing on the Big Screen." underneath the Town Square Exposition Hall Sign seems pretty clear what they would like it called.

However, again, it doesn't really matter. In a year or so it'll be something else and this will be a moot point.

Sigh. Now I remember I stopped coming in here. Guess I'll have to leave again.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Moderator's Note:

Quote Originally Posted by speedwayslave View Post
    It would be cool if everyone could just get along, as a former fantasyland CM it would be nice to be able to follow this thread and not have it derailed/locked. =X
    ^^^
    What speedwayslave said.

Folks, it is time to get this thread back on topic and lose all the personal asides. You may state your opinion, but you may not do so in a manner that attacks others in this discussion.

CM's who post in here should very carefully weigh if doing so could jeopardize their job status before doing so. Attempting to out other CM's is expressly against the rules of MiceChat, and we will not take kindly to.

If you are unable to contain your emotions, then please leave this thread and allow others to discuss this very interesting topic.

Thanks for your help and your understanding in helping to keep MiceChat safe and fun for everybody.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast