Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker : Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post

Seeing the sign underneath which claims "featuring Milestone in Animation: Now Showing on the Big Screen." underneath the Town Square Exposition Hall Sign seems pretty clear what they would like it called.

However, again, it doesn't really matter. In a year or so it'll be something else and this will be a moot point.

Sigh. Now I remember I stopped coming in here. Guess I'll have to leave again.

WTG Yoyo! What a great picture. I was doubting myself but after seeing that pic.... I am going back to my prior statement that Exposition Hall is indeed the entire building.

That said, I enjoy Bill's history on the building and that is not lip service. And if he or anyone can find a Disney Book stating the story of Mickey's Toon Town Fair is their vacation homes when they aren't at Toon Town in California... I would be sincerely interested in that.

Finally, please Yoyo.... don't leave. Everyone has their own view points and option, if we all agreed it would be boring. I know that in general Finn will generally not agree with me. And Bill and I definately did not agree re: Exposition Hall.... That said I absolutely loved their responses, I take no issue with different view points and I would encourage you to stay and do the same!

This site would be too boring if everyone just agreed with whatever was posted. That all said... Great Great Picture.

I've probably missed this somewhere along the way, but what will the new theme of the Barnstormer become? It's located between the Pixie Hollow area and Dumbo area, and near the depot. If guests are suppose to be traveling through Fantasyland Forest, it seems odd to just come upon Goofy's Barnstormer, doesn't it? LOL! Maybe there was a major cyclone in Toontown and the barn was blown up into the air and settled in the forest!! LOL again!

All silliness aside, any scoop on the new theme? Oh yeah, and what about the theme of the depot itself??

May you be surrounded by your pals this holiday season!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyJack65 View Post
    I've probably missed this somewhere along the way, but what will the new theme of the Barnstormer become?
    It will be themed to Dumbo's Circus, forming a group with the new double Dumbo spinners and big top. Current rumors are that the new theming of the Barnstormer will involve clowns in some manner.
    Down with the Hat

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Here's the newest news:

On May 10th, the back part of Fantasyland will close permanently. This includes Ariel's Grotto and Pooh's Playful Spot. The current character meet & greets will be re-located to other areas in the park. Ariel & Eric will move to Adventureland, while Pooh & Friends will move to Town Square.
    It sounds like this project has been moved up. The closure and move is now scheduled to take place on April 12th.
    -Bill

Oh wow, I suppose Ariel will be walking around as opposed to flopping from now on? And will Eric really be making regular appearances? That's something new. Wonder where they'll be set up.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Adventureland Veranda... and from what I hear, Ariel will still be in her fins... not sure on the details.
    -Bill

hey did I miss something but since DCA's Little Mermaid ride is going up already shouldn't MK's too? aren't they supposed to open at the same time?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Err, yes and no. Although the props and ride vehicles will be fabricated at the same time, I believe DCA's will be opening quite a bit earlier than the Florida version, due to the surrounding construction around the location of the new FL building, also being newly constructed.
    -Bill

makes sense since more stuff is going in around TLM's buliding there

I am pretty sure Ariel will have her feet, not her fins, as she joins Price Eric in Adventureland while Fantasyland gets expanded.

• Minion

so does anyone have pics to share of the new construction...if it has started.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Hasn't really started yet my friend, the real walls start going up tomorrow night. I'll see if I can grab some last photos tomorrow before it's all gone.

And FYI, another update... it seems that if all goes as planned on the timeline, Mickey's Toontown Fair will not close until early 2011. This is official information, and it is public. And as always, please note that construction timelines and area/attraction closings are subject to change without notice.
    -Bill

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    I am pretty sure Ariel will have her feet, not her fins, as she joins Price Eric in Adventureland while Fantasyland gets expanded.
    Will she? You must know more than I know. Do tell more! What I do know is that right now Ariel will be MIA from Meet & Greets until at least May... the Adventureland Veranda location is being debated now, but if it does go forward, it wouldn't open until May anyhow.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Will she? You must know more than I know. Do tell more! What I do know is that right now Ariel will be MIA from Meet & Greets until at least May... the Adventureland Veranda location is being debated now, but if it does go forward, it wouldn't open until May anyhow.

Nah! Its just what I heard. Well see how it pans out soon enough.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Posted on D23 Twilight Bark:

Quote Originally Posted by D23 Twilight Bark
    04.12.10 — Fantasyland Future!
    In preparation for the new attractions in the Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland, Pooh's Playful Spot playground, Ariel's Grotto Character meet-and-greet and Scuttle's Landing snack location will close April 12.
    Source: News and Features | D23 | The Official Community for Disney Fans

Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast