Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Re: Fantasyland Project Tracker : Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Nah! Its just what I heard. Well see how it pans out soon enough.
    If they give her a more 'permanent' location like the Veranda, seems to me they'll keep her in fins.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

But thats just it, by design its NOT permanet, AD Veranda is just a place holder until her attraction opens, and with it a meet and greet.

I don't want to ruin the magic, but if you think about Ariel's Grotto as more the just a fancy theme piece, more of a facility asset that addresses certain needs that you have in order to create that magic all day.....

And there is no contruction going on at Adventureland Veranda leading me to conclude that she will have feet untill here new home is complete.

Quick update as of today, Monday April 12th, Ariel's Grotto closed and behind construction walls. Pooh's Thoughful spot, still open and in use both as a play ground and character meet and greet.

But thats just it, by design its NOT permanet, AD Veranda is just a place holder until her attraction opens, and with it a meet and greet.

I don't want to ruin the magic, but if you think about Ariel's Grotto as more the just a fancy theme piece, more of a facility asset that addresses certain needs that you have in order to create that magic all day.....

And there is no contruction going on at Adventureland Veranda leading me to conclude that she will have feet untill here new home is complete.
    (I don't really understand whether you think she'll have fins or feet for the time being.)

I used permanent in the sense that she wouldn't have to move were they to put her in the Veranda. It wouldn't be like Aladdin's current meet and greet area in Adventureland where he has no choice but to walk up to greet kids. The Veranda can (and has been for the P&P Parties and MNSSHP) be situated as more of a greet along the lines of the Grotto.
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

- Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by nicoleloveswalt View Post
    (I don't really understand whether you think she'll have fins or feet for the time being.)

I used permanent in the sense that she wouldn't have to move were they to put her in the Veranda. It wouldn't be like Aladdin's current meet and greet area in Adventureland where he has no choice but to walk up to greet kids. The Veranda can (and has been for the P&P Parties and MNSSHP) be situated as more of a greet along the lines of the Grotto.

Well.... think of it this way.... what happens when Ariel needs to take a quick 2 minute break with out any major distruption to the line of guests waiting to see her? There are facility asset at Ariel's Grotto that allow this to be possible that non-exsistant at ADVeranda. Wait and see.... maybe I am wrong, but in this case I doubt it.

I really don't have a vested interest either way so I will hope your right for your sake.

Well.... think of it this way.... what happens when Ariel needs to take a quick 2 minute break with out any major distruption to the line of guests waiting to see her? There are facility asset at Ariel's Grotto that allow this to be possible that non-exsistant at ADVeranda. Wait and see.... maybe I am wrong, but in this case I doubt it.

I really don't have a vested interest either way so I will hope your right for your sake.
    I'd say the same up until I went to meet Jack at the Pirate and Princess Pirate. They had curtains set up in rather the same fashion of the Judge's Tent; there were clearly multiple greetings going on, and your admittance to one is controlled by a CM. I see the same being done with Ariel, where the process is hidden, not necessarily that there's more than one, but have guests seeing Ariel being CM controlled.
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

- Walt Disney

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Indeed, for Ariel, that would be possible with the curtains... and since this project is well over a year in scope, a semi-permanent meet & greet at the Veranda is probably being thought about. Kidgenie, you haven't seen any construction on the Veranda right now because it is being used as a prep area to expand the Adventureland Restrooms... in fact, one of the entrances to the Veranda is now enclosed and is a large part of the Men's Restroom. Hence it would be May before we see Ariel in there if we do.

But as always, budgets are the deciding factor, so I wouldn't be surprised if Kidgenie ends up being correct. I hope not, as I am always for quality first, even during a refurbishment, but if the money could be used for more permanent fixes to other issues in the Magic Kingdom, by all means, put the money somewhere else. A lot needs to be fixed in the park. But if Ariel IS going to come back to the park for a temporary meet & greet, and if she IS going to have legs, at least make her a mute like in the first film. That would be cute. Eric will be there to tell Guests that Ariel can't talk. And I thing most Guests would accept that. And then all the little princesses can try and tell Eric that "she's the one!" because Eric won't know that yet... see what I'm saying? Eh, maybe I'm putting too much thought into the idea. Regardless, let's hope it ends up being the best it can be, for a temporary location like it is. Because right now, I've also heard the powers that be are thinking of not having Ariel do any meets until the ride opens... as long as there aren't that many complaints. And that's kinda depressing to me.

Anyway, about Pooh's Playful Spot, it was still open yesterday because of the sheer scope of constructing a giant wall for the entire back side of Fantasyland. The wall is going up in phases over an allowed period of four nights. So by the end of the week, Pooh's Playful Spot should be gone as well. But that explains why it was still open yesterday, and probably today as well, but don't hold me to that if it's closed today.
    Last edited by Bill; 04-13-2010 at 03:02 AM.
    -Bill

• Make The Bumping Stop

Would like to see some pics of the new walls up when they are done if anyone can oblige =D

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I took some of Ariel's Grotto, since we left before Pooh closed.

I'll post them hopefully tonight if no one beats me to it.

I also took some pics from the train, but don't know how well you can see through the trees. You can peak through, but hard to take pictures of on a moving train.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Some pictures:

These aren't the greatest, but the best I could do with the time we had.
    Taken from the WDW Railroad:

Walls from Ariel's Grotto:

It was funny, we were there the night before the walls went up too (this was taken the next day), a CM was busy straightening the table and chairs in the seating area by Scuttle's Landing...she was talking to another CM about how she couldn't believe it was the last day. I asked her why she was even bothering straightening the chairs if they were closing it tomorrow (this was 12AM...well into EMH) and she said she didn't know, but she didn't know what she was going to do tomorrow without the seating area there...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• The Ghost Relations Dept.

On a more personal note as someone that works in Fantasyland, there have been a number of guest concerns about the lack of a proper meeting place with Ariel. It was a bit of heartbreak when I had to tell a little girl in an Ariel Dress the other day that Ariel had to go back Under the Sea for a while to see her father.

• Escaped Pirate

Love the pics- can anyone provide more? I'm really curious at the progress on the FL refurb.

• A Malice in Wonderland...

there's a disneyland in Florida?
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Make The Bumping Stop

I can't tell from the pics, how far towards the restrooms does the wall go. Does it go around that whole seating area?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Quote Originally Posted by Let's Enunciate View Post
    there's a disneyland in Florida?
    Please tell me you're joking...

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast