• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking WDW's Summer Nightastic! Dates Announced! June 6th - Aug 14th!

Just saw the dates inserted over at Disney's official blog. I haven't seen a website for the event yet over at Disneyworld.com but I'm happy to finally know the dates! Time to start planning my summer trip in August for Summer Nightastic!

Re: WDW's Summer Nightastic! Dates Announced! June 6th - Aug 14th!

Awesome! I wonder if this means SpectroMagic's last night will be the 5th?

• Dream in wonderful color!

for those who don't know, Summer Nightastic at WDW will feature the following (from the press release):

With floats and characters appearing for the first time at Walt Disney World Resort, Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” returns with its joyous sights and sounds. Direct from Disneyland and marking its first engagement in Florida since 2001, the cherished parade will be led by Tinker Bell waving from the basket of a magical balloon aboard a new float. Pinocchio and Snow White join the parade this summer, aboard bright new floats. Disney’s “Main Street Electrical Parade” is set for its summer-long nighttime premiere in early June at Magic Kingdom.

The Twilight Zone™ Tower of Terror welcomes “drop-ins” this summer with even more pulse-racing surprises. New lighting effects and the addition of a new drop sequence, created especially for “Summer Nightastic!”, will bring unexpected frights to guests who step into that infamous service elevator. If they dare.

What could be more summery than fireworks on a star-studded night? Magic Kingdom will treat guests to a special summer fireworks spectacular. The night sky will explode in vivid colors and brilliant visual effects as whimsical music fills the air.

Other fun! The return of the Sounds Like Summer concert series to Epcot and extended evening hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom several times a week add up to summer fun as only Disney can do – at all four Walt Disney World theme parks.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

I wonder what this means for the Main Street Electrical Parade's run. Al said the Parade will be staying in Florida through Easter 2012, right? Does this mean that the parade will continue beyond the Nighttastic event or that they'll just store it there during the winter and repeat with another limited run next summer?

• The Study of Wumbo

No! Too short!

I live up here in Connecticut, and we went down to the World in the last week of August last year. It was still our Summer Vacation, (we started on September 1st,) while all the schools in the South had already started. It's a great time to visit because the only families there are from either the North East or the UK.

And this ends before that! Meh. Well, my family probably wouldn't have made it down there anyway.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

If they're keeping DEP until 2012, what's happening with Spectro? I'm a DL vet who is planning a WDW trip. I liked Spectro better than DEP. Don't shoot me!

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySuiteFreak View Post
    If they're keeping DEP until 2012, what's happening with Spectro? I'm a DL vet who is planning a WDW trip. I liked Spectro better than DEP. Don't shoot me!
    I won't shoot you. I'll just shake my head in confusion and pity. Seriously, though, what IS happening with Spectromagic? Simply sitting out the summer in storage? Undergoing a regular refurbishment? Undergoing upgrades for a fall return? Undergoing a bigger retooling for a 2012 return? Being shipped off to another park while WDW creates an all-new, all-different nighttime parade for 2012?

What IS happening with Spectro?

• Disappearing/Reappearing

okay...

this did NOT soothe the itch I've had to visit WDW.

Man, I wanna go SOOO bad..

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    I won't shoot you. I'll just shake my head in confusion and pity. Seriously, though, what IS happening with Spectromagic? Simply sitting out the summer in storage? Undergoing a regular refurbishment? Undergoing upgrades for a fall return? Undergoing a bigger retooling for a 2012 return? Being shipped off to another park while WDW creates an all-new, all-different nighttime parade for 2012?

LOL, I should have clarified - I like the music for Spectro more than the music for DEP. Maybe they'll be updating Spectro...

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post

I've heard two main theories, one good and one bad imo:

1.) DEP stays until the 40th (2011) and it goes back to DLR. Spectro gets refurbed and debuts for the 40th.

2.) WDW keeps DEP until after the 40th celebration is over (2012+?) and if that were the case then I do not know what will happen to Spectro.

I really hope number 1 happens.

one hundred and one