Question about Space Mountain

Now, I've never been to WDW, but I hope to in the near future (after I return to the DLR in California), but I've always wondered, did the WDW version of Space Mountain ever have the old Dick Dale soundtrack that the old version at DL had? If so, are there any plans to bring the new Michael Giacchino track to the Florida one? or right now do they want both versions of Space Mountain to be unique and not have the same soundtrack?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Question about Space Mountain

Nope, no changes to the soundtrack. A soundtrack on the WDW track would be weird because you have two tracks operating at once and one is slightly longer than the other one so you'd have sync issues.

It's just one of those differences. Just like how the two parks had different Country Bears show (when they both had Bears, anyway) and different Tiki Room shows.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

There is no soundtrack on Space Mountain at WDW. No speakers in the cars at all. It's a fun coaster ride in the dark where all you hear are the sounds of screams, laughter, and the trains.

• Banned User

Expect a soundtrack to be added to WDW's Space Mountain in the near future.

A lengthy Disneyland-esque rehab is in the planning stages for WDW's Space Mountain. Part of the new Disneyland Daytime track can now be heard as you exit the WDW Space Mountain.

WDW's Space Mountain is almost the same length as Disneyland's Space Mountain, and the same soundtrack will work perfectly. I know this because I've ridden WDW's Space Mountain with Disneyland's new soundtrack (long story) and it sounds perfectly amazing!

Unfortunately, I don't know what they have in store for the rehab track wise... if they are keeping the same track layout or not. I do know that a soundtrack will be added though.

Also, about the one track being longer than the other in WDW... it's really not an issue. The extra 10 feet of track is only a second or two of the ride, and having no music there doesn't really deter from the experience with the music.

• Vehicle rotating backward

I kind of digged the twinkly-twinkly music box sounds it's always had. Yeah, it's kind of depressing music (or as my Grandmother would have put it, "well-fit for a funeral") but it still works, for the most part. Or is that the queue? I didn't know for sure, but I've seen TTA videos that go through the mountain and that tune is playing.

Dunno how I like a ride soundtrack going over there. So far both Space west and Space east have been pretty unique lately. Just like how we've (coastally speaking) held onto the original Tiki Room and Mr Toad shows so the MK could go in some other direction, somebody's got to hold onto the original SM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

That is queue music /'\ but it is also played in the TTA tunnel. It's called "Space Mountain-Star Tunnel" or it was on the old WDW Forever.

• Banned User

WDw should get a rehab to upgrade some tech.... and SE... imagines the DL reentree tunnels on WDW's tracks... and that extra 10 feet of track.. extra reentree tunnel.. lol simple as that... not hard...

• Yay, Blunt Force Trauma!!

I wish we could get some of the special effects that they have in the DL version.... they are pretty cool.

It's been 16 years since I worked at Space Mountain, but the extra 10 feet only account for a second or perhaps two difference between the two tracks (one track would run at 2:29-30 the other would run at 2:30-31). The extra 10 feet allow the tracks to cross over each other between the two sets of Safety Brakes 3 and Brakes 4 (at least that is what they were called back before the rehab in 1990-1ish). This area is in the front of the building (the park side of the building). I say this as the building sits outside of the train tracks.