Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Parades- Any NEW ones coming?????

I see, thanks for all the info. When it became 1 parade, did it go all the way from Mexico to Canada? That's a long parade route...

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by RZS
    I see, thanks for all the info. When it became 1 parade, did it go all the way from Mexico to Canada? That's a long parade route...
    No, it just went between Morocco and Germany.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    No kidding that AK's parade was thrown in...but MGM? They really lucked out being able to easily add a route if what you said is true.
    Oh, it's darn true. There were no speakers, no sensors for the floats, and the park's manager wasn't willing to hire an extra cast for the parade. The only reason he lucked out was because Eisner wanted the park's entrance to be like a Hollywood Version of Main Street... the Studios is very similar to the Magic Kingdom.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    No, it just went between Morocco and Germany.

-Michael
    No, actually it was planned to go all the way around World Showcase. (That's where the parade route exists... it's circular. Due to budget cuts, it was cut to only go from before Norway to right past the United Kingdom. When the parade was shortened and turned into Tapestry of Dreams, it went between just after Morocco and just past Norway. Not sure really where the Germany thing is coming from... that's an entrance to the parade yes, but it never determined where the parade began and ended when it was all stretched out...

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    No, actually it was planned to go all the way around World Showcase. (That's where the parade route exists... it's circular. Due to budget cuts, it was cut to only go from before Norway to right past the United Kingdom. When the parade was shortened and turned into Tapestry of Dreams, it went between just after Morocco and just past Norway. Not sure really where the Germany thing is coming from... that's an entrance to the parade yes, but it never determined where the parade began and ended when it was all stretched out...
    I was going by what AllEarsNet said.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Ah, well, Deb is usually correct when it comes to vacation planning and menus, but for the real odd stuff sometimes she's not entirely correct. She does her best though, I use her site almost weekly!

• Creative Director

I heard new day parade for magic kingdom sometime in 2007.
    and possibly some new floats for spectro.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    but it never determined where the parade began and ended when it was all stretched out...
    Yeah that parade was so wonderful, because it just kept morphing itself logner and longer, these arms kept coming out of Germany...yuk. I was not a fan.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I have a very dear friend who used to perform in both Tapestry of Nations and Tapestry of Dreams. Shortly after the 'Dreams' version went away, he told us that the Entertainment Dept. had a wonderful new idea for a parade at Epcot that would have focused on all the Countries around World Showcase.

ORWEN: And it would have featured the various Disney Characters that represented each of the countries. Aladdin, for instance, would have been connected with the Morocco float, Snow White would have represented Germany and so on.

ORDDU: A lot of time and attention went into planning for what was supposed to have been the most outstanding parade--ever--for Epcot.

ORWEN: Then those nasty bean counters got hold of the plans and decided they could save a lot of money by totally abandoning this entire idea--while bringing back the Tapestry of Dreams parade at some point.

ORDDU: For us, Tapestry of Dreams became rather 'old' fairly quickly. And all of our friends--including the one who performed in Tapestry--are very tired of it by now.

ORWEN: We want something new for Epcot--not just the same old thing!

ORDDU: And as far as the Share a Dream Come True Parade is concerned, it has managed to continue to charm us--along with many friends who accompany us to the Magic Kingdom. Still, it would be nice if--by now--they would do something to replace it with something new...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

That sounds like an interesting parade Witches...it just seems like way too much for WS...unfortunatly.

• Minion

I would love to see ToN/ToD (I never got the opportunity to see it in person, despite being a big Epcot fanboy), or at least a parade with some of the themes, come to Epcot. The Sage of Time and the Dreamseekers were great characters(though the Dreamseeker's rhyming was their main flaw and I really don't care much for Leonardo...) perhaps some of the few good original Epcot characters since the classic ones like Dreamfinder and Figment.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12