Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Creative Director

Parades- Any NEW ones coming?????

Hello everyone,

Being the entertainment freak I am, I was wondering if anyone knew when any of the parks are going to get new parades?

particulary the Magic Kingdom?

• Banned User

Re: Parades- Any NEW ones coming?????

Well, all parks are getting a Christmas parade... in Nov/dec and TDL debuts theirs on Nov 7th in addition to Dreamlights and Dreams on Parade *daily*, plus their fabulous and biggest parade Countdown Parade steps off the last week in Dec.

• Disney Memory Maker

If you mean replacement parades for the current ones, there probably won't be new ones until the next celebration (probably Epcot's 25th).

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Creative Director

Any more info out there on new parades for Walt Disney World?

I would think they would come for the next big celebration. They have been running for bit too long, especially Share a Dream Come True.

any ideas anyone has heard.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Nope. Heard nothing.

However it doesn't seem like time yet, well it does for the Share a Dream Come True parade. What a bad parade and bad music...bad all around.

However DIsney Stars and Motor Cars is a great concept always being updated rather cheaply, I expect to see this one around for a while.

EPCOT should never again have a parade. and AK's parade is seen by very little, I mean the park is usually empty by the 4pm parade time when closing is at 5pm.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    EPCOT should never again have a parade. and AK's parade is seen by very little, I mean the park is usually empty by the 4pm parade time when closing is at 5pm.
    I'm going to have to disagree with the first part of that. IMO, Tapestry of Nations was the best parade Disney has ever made. Tapestry of Dreams lost some of that charm but was still a very good parade. As for AK, I know that during the summer (when the park is open until 7 (and sometimes 10)) the park is fairly crowded, so a large amount of people see the parade.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Former Epcot CM

I'm glad I didn't see Tapestry of Dreams if it would have ruined my memories of Nations.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

Jammin' Jungle Parade is the most popular parade at WDW, receiving the highest ratings. It's certainly my favorite now. Stars and Cars is cheap and uninspiring and SaDCT was never good. Tapestry of Nations was a favorite, and they had to spoil the concept with Tapestry of Dreams and it's disturbing trolls. However, before a parade returns to Epcot, they should fix the infrastructure problems by adding new walkways in key areas to ensure that traffic can move during parade time. MGM needs something like Block Party Bash, I think.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Stitch to the Rescue

Share A Dream was nice when it premiered during the 100 years of Magic celebration. It has outlasted the life of the theming. Hopefully in the near future we will have a new Day parade at MK.

Sean

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life

And enough with the repetitive Magic Kingdom "show as many characters as possible with no story" parades. It gets very old--all the parades feel the same, they just change the music. SpectroMagic does a fair enough job showing tons of characters and it is at least fun to watch. Having a daytime parade try to do the same thing is getting old. How about a parade (gasp) actually themed to the park? I'd enjoy seeing floats for Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Splash, etc. much more than the current offerings.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by askmike1
    As for AK, I know that during the summer (when the park is open until 7 (and sometimes 10)) the park is fairly crowded, so a large amount of people see the parade.
    Lol I've never seen AK Crowded...but I guess yes people do see it and can enjoy it...but I don't think it's the huge visitor grabbed like Share a Dream or Spectromagic, so I think it has longer staying power because it;s not always a repeat for people.

As far as Tapestry of Nations/Dreams, to each thier own, but I found World Showcase a mess during those parades. It was not designed to be navigable, and have a parade...and getting stuck because of it was horrendous because it went on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever it, it was way too long and it never had enough stuff going on. A few people with things on their heads, the same drummer guy that has passed 40 times, the repetative unmemorable music droning on. To each thier own, but I think they should never ever do another parade in EPCOT, the two they ran more than secured that belief in me.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    It was not designed to be navigable, and have a parade...and getting stuck because of it was horrendous because it went on forever and ever and ever and ever and ever it, it was way too long and it never had enough stuff going on.
    This is incorrect... World Showcase was ALWAYS built with the parade in mind. In fact, the circular parade route is the best type of route to have in a park because it allows the most on-stage time for a parade with the least amount of backstage travel.

The problems do exist in Epcot for a parade though... the lagoon in the middle allows you to see the entire parade at once, and the addition through the years of kiosks close to the walkways created many problems with guest crowd control. But the park was designed to have a parade.

Now, Disney-MGM Studios and Animal Kingdom, they were never designed to have a parade... a route did not exist, and one had to be created for those parks. When a parade was needed at the studios shortly after the park opened, it had to be done with no infrastructure, no barn to store the floats in, and basically a non-existent cast.

At AK, March of the Artimals was just thrown in at the last minute to try and provide a "sense of a parade." (It really wasn't a parade.) March of the Artimals was actually one of the reasons that Tapestry of Nations was created... the artistic design is actually very similar, just a new concept and with a real parade route.

Having said that, I do agree with tloolgb... crowd control issues do need to be worked out before a parade can return to Epcot.

No kidding that AK's parade was thrown in...but MGM? They really lucked out being able to easily add a route if what you said is true.

Can someone explain more about Tapestry of Nations vs. Tapestry of Dreams?

Was one created for the milenium and then converted after? That's my guess, but I saw neither. I do have a WDW soundtrack with one of the parades and Illuminations: Reflections of Earth.

Were there three parades simultaneuously in the World Showcase? Or one that weaved in and out? (I have seen old maps that indicate a number of short parade routes around the World Showcase.)

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by RZS
    Can someone explain more about Tapestry of Nations vs. Tapestry of Dreams?
    Tapestry of Nations
    -Created specifically for the Millenium Celebration
    -Opened & Closed with the Sage of Time
    -Midway through the parade, the sage made another speech
    -3 simutatious parades (Mexico-Germany, Germany-Morocco, Morocco-Canada)
    -Music intermidantly featured clock ticking sounds

Tapestry of Dreams
    - Updated ToN for the 100 Years of Magic Celebration
    - Opened and closed with 3 Dreamseeker Fairies
    - Music intermidantly cut off and featured children making wishes
    - New opening float containing the dream catcher (children wrote their dreams on little pieces of paper and put it in the dreamcatcher)
    - 1 parade
    - Less puppets and in a different order
    - New drummer costumes

-Michael

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast