Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Really!?

Red Face Living with the Land....I gotta know...

ALLOW ME TO REPHRASE MY ORIGINAL POST! What I meant was:

This is the greatest ride of all time. It is mind blowing. After exiting the ride I momentarily forgot just who I was and why I strive to be alive if I can't spend every waking minute of my life NOT watching plants grow.

I for one think Pirates, Mansion, Indy, Tower of Terror, Peter Pan, and all of Tomorrowland in general should be demolished to make room for more rides of this magnitude.

Anyone who feels differently or speaks ill of this ride is obviously lacking in intelligence and class. They should be scorned and marked as rude, inconsiderate jerks. A discussion forum is NO PLACE to share oppinions.

To even label this adventure as a "ride" is a gross understatement. I can think of no other term to describe this magical attraction than "MAGITRACTION".

Let us all reflect on the edge-of-your-seat excitement and wonder that this magitraction has given us.

good day.

-dies inside-
    Last edited by KonLuvsDL; 04-01-2010 at 03:05 PM.

• is boring.

Re: Living with the Land....I gotta know...

I like it because of the interesting forms of agriculture they use in the green house. Also, if you go at the right time, the produce actually smells really good (simple, but it still makes this fella' right here muy feliz!). Plus, the scenes are interesting to look at. It's not the best attraction ever, and it sounds like Disney is trying to make it out to be mind-blowingly good (which, I'll admit, it isn't), but it's a simple little ride that I love.

Oh, about it being the LAMEST attraction ever, have you been on Journey into the Imagination lately?

• Mouseketeer

I wasn't impressed with it either. I had previously heard nothing about the ride and I had no expectations to be let down going in. The audio was hard to hear in our boat, and I didn't feel any need to ride it again to find out what was said.

You are right about the garden store feel. It doesn't help that bottom floor of The Land pavilion is a food court with limited theming.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• Really!?

I truely can't remember most of the ride other than the depressing "Fish prison" section and the green house (wal-mart gardening section) because by the end of the ride we were almost in tears with laughter out of disbelief that such a ride existed.

Did you know theres a part 2 to LWTL??? It's the "Behind the Seeds" tour?

....this whole thing has to be an elaborate joke that few people get...and if it is....bravo.

• Really!?

Quote Originally Posted by jroggen51391 View Post
    Oh, about it being the LAMEST attraction ever, have you been on Journey into the Imagination lately?
    oooo yes, that was pretty bad as well, but at least the highlight of that ride wasnt a ....big pumpkin. lol

I thoroughly enjoy it, but I love gardening and agriculture. Love learning about new techniques used in farming because my great grandparents and many generations before them were farmers. Is it the most exciting ride in the world to the average person? Probably not. But some of the technology they use is quite fascinating to a lot of people. We're planning on taking the Behind the Seeds tour this year as well.

Different strokes for different folks, is all. You can't get me within 50 feet of Mission: Space, but I love LWTL. And just for the record, I'm not a total fraidy cat... I love Tower of Terror, Test Track, Everest, etc.

The lines for LWTL can get very busy. I've seen wait times of over 70 minutes a few years in June or during spring break. Usually it's around 30 minutes when we've been lately (May). We've had to use FastPass for it a couple of years, actually.

• Occasional Reader

I think the audio is a major part as they explain the various methods of production and farming. I suggest you open your horizons and you might learn something.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Living with the Land is one of my favorite rides at EPCOT. It's almost like the TTA of EPCOT, so peaceful yet fun.

As for the Fastpass, they really don't use it much anymore, but there are times when the line has been 45 minutes or more. It's especially true at mealtimes that it's been packed. I would say before Soarin' moved it Living with the Land was more popular, but still is a very busy attraction.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Happy Haunt

Personally I like LWTL. It's not a favorite attraction in EPCOT but I still really enjoy it. It's great if you want to get out of the sun and heat for a bit and just sit and relax. There is a lot of interesting things that WDW is doing in their greenhouses. Some of which might be used on a larger scale to produce food for the country. Overall LWTL isn't the worst attraction at Epcot (HISTA, Journey) but it is something that won't appeal to everyone.

As for "Behinds the Seeds" I've done it once. It was alright. It probably would have been more interesting if the guide had been a bit better.

• Minion

I like it too, for all the reasons listed above. I've seen the line pretty long also, but I don't think I'd bother to fast pass it.
    I want my cake back!

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Living with the Land....I gotta know...

While it's not a favorite, I do remember my first Epcot visit in 1983. Now, remember this park was touted as being an adult oriented park where you could learn as well as be entertained. Quite frankly, I felt that if you were learning a lot, you probably should have paid more attention in high school. LWTL was an exception to that, as it presented what seemed to be actual futuristic growing methods, instead of the history lessons that were most prevalent in Future World. Don't know how futuristic, or even realistic they are now, and of course, every weed grower in the country is well versed in hydroponics at this point. I wouldn't wait in a line for it, or be upset if I miss it, but it does accomplish it's intention.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Me and my family liked it. I have absolutely NO interest in plants...but, I thought it was pretty fascinating. My mother.....who has a green thumb that I did NOT inherit....really enjoyed it.

• Really!?

I concur. Yes indeed. Of course. Thank You.
    Last edited by KonLuvsDL; 04-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.

• All-American

I think the attraction was once more popular than it is now, back when it was the biggest attraction in the Land Pavilion. Today it's been usurped by Soarin, although as others have noted, it can still attract large lines during busy seasons and meal times.

The ride is unique because it is one of very few attractions that carries the spirit of the 1980s' EPCOT Center, when the park was more focused on education, humanity, and discovery of the world around us. Living with the Land and Spaceship Earth are about the only two Future World attractions left from this era that still express this idea. I might suggest to the OP to keep an open mind, and be willing to experience a ride not for its entertainment value, but for the sake of being a little more inspired when you depart than when you started.

I LOVE Living with the Land.

Reason? THE FISH!!! Could they squeeze any more in there?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast