Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CM locator

• Disappearing/Reappearing

CM locator

Maybe I'm just a big dork, but, I always like to take note of where a CM's nametag says they are from. It's a great way to strike up a conversation, and I'm always on the lookout from someone from my little town in Louisiana. So far...I haven't found anyone. But, I have spotted one person who went to a college an hour away, and one person who grew up one town over. My search continues, and inspired an idea....

What if Disney built an interactive map in one of the parks. Slightly like the one on Spaceship Earth...where you can touch the screen and identify your hometown. Only, after you do that on this map...it would tell you if any CM's are from the same area. Maybe little, smiling pictures of the CM could pop up in little bubbles.

It doesn't have to tell you what area of the park they work at...but, it would be cool to see that connection with your hometown and WDW.

What do you think?

• Make The Bumping Stop

Re: CM locator

That would mean my picture would be available to guests... would be creepy for me.

Methinks it would lead to privacy issues...

• Metro-Retro Historian

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    Methinks it would lead to privacy issues...
    Not if it tweren't mandatory.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Sounds like it could easily lead to stalking issues...

• 1,200 Miles from da Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Sounds like it could easily lead to stalking issues...
    No moreso than Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, etc. etc. etc. If it only showed first name and the initial of the last name, it'd point out really no more than the name tag already shows...

I think that this idea would be cool personally, but then again, I am no longer a CM but if I was I'd allow myself to be put up on the board, not my full name of course, but the same amount of info that would be available if someone saw me working.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.
    -George S. Patton

I dont' think it would lead to anything negative. It could be totally voluntary to put your name up there. And it would only be your picture, and first name. Which any guest could easily find out just by walking past you.

I think it could have all kinds of variations. All of which could be voluntary.

You could put your face, hometown, first name, and where in the park you work.

• Street Rat

I'm a performer for shows and parades and I know we have a lot of issues with guests who stalk performers and show up to countless shows and find them on facebook and all of that. Most people out there are great... but sometimes there are the ones who are crazy and you dont want those ones to be even better stalkers. Just my opinion though

• Metro-Retro Historian

I think if it was voluntary, limited to name tag information, and was only available in the park and not the entire big scary internet where you can do some more digging and get stuff like addresses, phone numbers, work schedules, and first born children, it could be interesting. It kind of reminds me of the old World Key for some reason.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Last year as we were leaving Epcot at the end of the night, we got our picture taken by a English gent in front of Spaceship Earth. I casually asked him where he was from and it turned out he used to live on our street!!!! Small World Afterall indeed!!

But if I were a CM, I'm not sure I would like people being able to call up my details like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I think if it was voluntary, limited to name tag information, and was only available in the park and not the entire big scary internet where you can do some more digging and get stuff like addresses, phone numbers, work schedules, and first born children, it could be interesting. It kind of reminds me of the old World Key for some reason.
    exactly! It wouldn't have anymore information than people would find out just by looking at you. And that info would only be availiable in the park at that kiosk.

• Here Kitty, Kitty...

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Maybe I'm just a big dork, but, I always like to take note of where a CM's nametag says they are from. It's a great way to strike up a conversation, and I'm always on the lookout from someone from my little town in Louisiana. So far...I haven't found anyone. But, I have spotted one person who went to a college an hour away, and one person who grew up one town over. My search continues, and inspired an idea....

What if Disney built an interactive map in one of the parks. Slightly like the one on Spaceship Earth...where you can touch the screen and identify your hometown. Only, after you do that on this map...it would tell you if any CM's are from the same area. Maybe little, smiling pictures of the CM could pop up in little bubbles.

It doesn't have to tell you what area of the park they work at...but, it would be cool to see that connection with your hometown and WDW.

What do you think?

I think that unfortunately the CM's might have a problem with this, I mean it probably wouldn't be that difficult to cross reference someone's last name, with their hometown and possibly start to stalk them...but that's just my two cents...

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Dinah View Post
    I think that unfortunately the CM's might have a problem with this, I mean it probably wouldn't be that difficult to cross reference someone's last name, with their hometown and possibly start to stalk them...but that's just my two cents...
    That's my thought too.

It isn't unheard of for a CM to be stalked either.

• Here Kitty, Kitty...

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    That's my thought too.

It isn't unheard of for a CM to be stalked either.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by DLDan View Post
    I'm a performer for shows and parades and I know we have a lot of issues with guests who stalk performers and show up to countless shows and find them on facebook and all of that. Most people out there are great... but sometimes there are the ones who are crazy and you dont want those ones to be even better stalkers. Just my opinion though
    Too funny that you mention this. I was in parades at DL in the 90's and there was this one girl who showed up to almost every performance and was sort of "off" to say the least, but made these weird suggestive poses as we passed by. I never forgot her and here it is over 12 years later and I just bumped into her again at some public function, where she is also no doubt a crazed fan. Unreal!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast