• DVC owner and loving it !

Question Children with disabilities any WDW price discount?

My Mother is planning to go to WDW on June 1st and is going to take my nephew. My nephew has bipolar disorder and is adhd and other mentally challenging things going on. She has asked me if there are any discounts out there offered for children with disabilities. He is 17 and is allowed to leave the theraputic foster home on weekends and for family functions or trips. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to her.
    Thankyou.

Re: Children with disabilities any WDW price discount?

No, and he would have to pay adult admission.

• Disney Vacation Planner

Quote Originally Posted by Cbum View Post
    My Mother is planning to go to WDW on June 1st and is going to take my nephew. My nephew has bipolar disorder and is adhd and other mentally challenging things going on. She has asked me if there are any discounts out there offered for children with disabilities. He is 17 and is allowed to leave the theraputic foster home on weekends and for family functions or trips. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated and will be passed on to her.
    Thankyou.
    Cbum,
    She can call the Disney switchboard and they may be able to help her by putting her in touch with the department that can help her. She can also request the booklet, "Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities". I'm not sure if this booklet deals with the type of disorders that your nephew has, but it may have something in it that will help, hopefully.
    WDW Switchboard 407-824-2222

There are some specials on room rates for the summer that Disney is currently offering, but nothing for disabilities.

Something else she may consider is getting a Guest Assistance Card. Or a GAC. You can get these at Guest Relations. Along with conditions that are visible, as being in a wheelchair or such. These cards can also be helpful to include conditions that are not as visible such as ADD/ADHD, autism, sun and heat problems, claustrophobia, and hearing impairment. You will have to specify how many are in your party at the time the card is issued and they can arrange for you to use this card for your entire stay.

Describe your disability and needs to the Guest Relations cast member. He or she will issue the most appropriate GAC for your condition. These cards donít necessarily let you go to the front of the lines. But they may give you a shaded area to wait, different entrance away from the extra noise, or whatever your needs are.
    Just tell the cast member at each attraction what your needs are, and they will try to help, if your request is a possibility at that attraction.

Note: If you disability is not easily visible, you may want to bring a doctorís note with you.

I hope they have the time of their lives! Wow, what a great Grandma! My prayers are with them on this trip.
    Julie

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I don't think they offer discounts for individuals with disabilities, but when they get to the parks, they should stop at Guest Services and get a Guest Assistance Card (GAC), that will help minimize waits in line.

I actually have a disability (I'm hearing impaired), but I've never used one as I really don't feel the need for it as I *can* hear, just not very well sometimes. Plus most attractions are loud enough for me or if the volume is too soft I've been on it enough to know what's going on (like Country Bear Jamboree... I know that sucker by heart because I've had the soundtrack record since I was a kid).

• Make The Bumping Stop

I thrid the GAC, it will make life a thousand times easier for the party. It always hurts me to see people who really need the GAC and don't know where to get it, but some people abuse the crap out of them.

Thank you! i will pass on your suggestions to her.

Not sure when I'll get my maingate pass, but I would be willing to donate a signin if feasible on my day off. Depends on my sitch at that time. My 7 year old son has severe adhd, and possibly other problems. I kind of know how it is. I can't promise anything yet though.

Are interested, Cbum? I got my maingate, but don't know what my schedule is going to be like after the 29th.

Thanks Rachael but my nephew has had some recent setbacks and the trip was put on indefinate hold. I do appreciate your offer and it has made my mother smile this morning on Mom's day.