Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Disney Quest worth the extra money?

My family and a couple of my friends are going to Disney World this summer. My mom always likes to do something new each time we visit, last time we went, 2 years ago, we went to Universal for a couple of days before heading to WDW, and the time before that we went to the water parks, but we had a bas experience so I don't think we will be returning. The price difference between a Magic Your Way Ticket w/ Park Hopper, which is what we normally get, and the same thing just with the Water Park Fun & More is just $7.43, but when your talking WDW every penny counts, especially for my friends who are paying there own way except for lodging. I would just like your opinions on if Disney Quest is worth the extra $50 altogether?

By the way, the trip will be over the July 4 weekend... I know. We are leaving on that Friday and returning on the next Thursday. We are also DVC members and will be staying at our home resort, the Beach Club.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Re: Is Disney Quest worth the extra money?

DisneyQuest alone is not worth $50, no way.

Okay, I'll amend that. I just looked it up and a single admission for DQ is really expensive! So I guess if you are really into gaming and you're going to go more than once, it could be something to do. I'm not sure what the rules are there, if you need a parent to chaperone if you are under a certain age or whatever, so that might be something to take into consideration. We went for a few hours on one day during our trip, but I wouldn't give up that much time to go twice. (We used our "and more" ticket mainly for Typhoon Lagoon so DQ was like a freebie for us.)
    Last edited by SusieP.; 04-19-2010 at 09:05 PM.
    A signature should go here.

• Mouseketeer

No.

I would say if you are really into gaming, it is especially not worth it. People into tech stuff will definitely notice how out-of-date everything is and be disappointed.

On a 4th of July weekend it'll be a zoo, and I don't think it's very well equipped to handle a lot of people.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

No, Disney Quest is not good. It likes an old school game. If you are willing to put $50 bucks down, you mind as well go to the two water parks. Maybe this time you will enjoy the water parks.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Is DQ worth the extra money? In 3 words - no, no, no.

Just not worth spending that extra park time and money for what is offered.
    Remember The Magic!

• Banned User

You can get DQ free with a WDW annual pass, though, and (I believe) the new "all parks" pass (which gives you access to all Disney parks in the U.S.).

• Another trip down I-4

I'll be the dissenter here - I love DQ. I love the retro games and unlimited pinball. I love rediscovering Just. How. Much. I love and hate Marble Madness. (STOP EATING MY BALL YOU GREEN THING ARG NOW YOU'VE KNOCKED ME OFF I HATE YOU)

I am a gamer - have the next gen systems and all of that. But you can't get the same feeling of accomplishment at home as you can driving a gussied up bumper car shooting balls at opponents.

I spent an entire day (11:00 - 11:00) at DQ on Saturday. Go. Try it.

Or wait until after 4 or so when they put out the half price sign. Then go.

• Thunder Mountain

Sorry not on July 4th it will be too crowded to enjoy it!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleKicks View Post
    I'll be the dissenter here - I love DQ. I love the retro games and unlimited pinball. I love rediscovering Just. How. Much. I love and hate Marble Madness. (STOP EATING MY BALL YOU GREEN THING ARG NOW YOU'VE KNOCKED ME OFF I HATE YOU)

I am a gamer - have the next gen systems and all of that. But you can't get the same feeling of accomplishment at home as you can driving a gussied up bumper car shooting balls at opponents.

I spent an entire day (11:00 - 11:00) at DQ on Saturday. Go. Try it.

Or wait until after 4 or so when they put out the half price sign. Then go.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. For the first time ever on these boards, I do not stand alone in my praises for DisneyQuest. My partner and I ALWAYS make a trek to visit when we're in the neighborhood. We look forward to getting annual passes one day and can go anytime we want.

I always thought I stood alone.

Yes the technology is outdated. But it's outdated everywhere, it seems, and it's expensive to catch up. However, due to all the outpouring of naysayers, many people don't go to this little gem and I find the floors mostly empty (unless it rains). Some of the experiences are too much fun. The robot lander and the 3-D pirates are a hoot.

When I go to Disney, I am going to have a good time. Keeping that attitude, there's this blast from past that, like yourself, reminds me of those days at the mall fighting to figure out Qbert or Tempest.

And yeah, I'm a gamer too.

To the OP? Forget us. Ignore all of our posts, including my own. I say, "YOU DECIDE." You head on out and give it a try and you tell us. There is nothing we can do or say, really in the end, to make up your mind. You know what you like and what you don't. We really can't provide a total answer.

But we love the place.

Peace!
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by asianbma View Post
    No, Disney Quest is not good. It likes an old school game.
    That's why I like it. I can play the video games I grew up with again (Pac-Man, Q-Bert, Spy Hunter, Pole Position, Centipede, Burgertime...).

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    You can get DQ free with a WDW annual pass, though, and (I believe) the new "all parks" pass (which gives you access to all Disney parks in the U.S.).
    That's if you buy the deluxe AP. A regular AP does not include the water parks or DisneyQuest. And a deluxe AP is WAY more than a regular AP (which is also extremely expensive).

• Disney Vacation Planner

I wouldn't spend the money for DQ. We did it when our kids were younger and they were into video games and such, but they weren't impressed and neither was I. If you are just looking for something new to do in the "World", then I would do a search for the little things that you haven't experienced yet, that are free or at least cheaper.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    That's why I like it. I can play the video games I grew up with again (Pac-Man, Q-Bert, Spy Hunter, Pole Position, Centipede, Burgertime...)
    Okay, I DID play Burgertime for quite awhile when I was there, but it took me forever to find it! I had no idea all of those older games were on the very top level!
    A signature should go here.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I think the biggest detractor would be the crowds, but there are going to be crowds everywhere.

I get the idea that upgrading to Water Park and More would only cost you $7.43/person. I would consider that a fair price for DisneyQuest. I have been several times and do enjoy myself, but have to agree that paying the full price for admission is a bit much. I think $50 for a whole family to visit DisneyQuest would not be a bad price.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

I've never been, but we're planning to go for a few hours on the last day of our trip. Our plan is to hit the pool in the AM, check out of the hotel, head over to T-Rex for an early lunch, and then spend a few hours at DQ before the airport. I'm crossing my fingers for a good experience! I'm a little scared after seeing the majority of the posts here!
    <o>

• Another trip down I-4

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick View Post
    I've never been, but we're planning to go for a few hours on the last day of our trip. Our plan is to hit the pool in the AM, check out of the hotel, head over to T-Rex for an early lunch, and then spend a few hours at DQ before the airport. I'm crossing my fingers for a good experience! I'm a little scared after seeing the majority of the posts here!
    It'll be fine - go to the arcade style game areas (4th and 5th floor) and you'll easily waste a few hours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast