66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland!

43 65.15%
  • Walt Disney World!

23 34.85%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• ROFLCOPTER

Disneyland vs. WDW

"Walt Disney World may have more than the Disneyland Resort, but Disneyland has quality, and quality always triumphs over quantity." - says the average Disneyland fan (and DL_Craze). But, in my opinion, this is not true. The quality of all of WDW parks combined is > than Disneyland. In fact, alot of things are better at WDW. So, MiceChatters, what do you think?
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Disneyland vs. WDW

I voted for WDW but only because I have never experienced DL. Honestly, I think that all the parks have a uniqueness that makes them all magical in their own way. They both have their strengths and weaknesses and one may appeal more to another for whatever their personal likes or dislikes are.

That's why we are all different.

• ROFLCOPTER

Well, yes
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Vehicle rotating backward

The more I look at WDW the more I admire how much Disneyland has been able to squish into that piece of land. Most the marquee attractions are at both parks, and most the interesting attractions that had been added to the WDW complex through the 90s, from MuppetVision to ToT have arrived here.

The only real marquee attractions that DL is missing is RnRC, Everest, and Mission Space and all three of those rides are too intense for my constitution.

I didn't vote in the poll, since the real answer is TDL. DL recreation + WDW castle + TDS = Victory.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Darn, I was hoping this was one of those "If Disneyland and WDW were in a cage match fight to the death, who would win?" questions.

"WDW smashes Dland with Spaceship Earth!!! . . . . ooooooooohhh . . . it gets impaled on Sleeping Beauty Castle!!!! That's gonna leave a mark."

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Well, if we're comparing the MK to DL, DL wins! There's something about being at the park, knowing Walt walked the grounds, and it's quaintness, that make it a better park to me IMHO.

If we're comparing WDW to DLR, WDW of course!

• Minion

I voted for WDW primarily because of EPCOT. I think it's the coolest, most awesome place I've ever visited in my life. If DL had EPCOT, it would have gotten my vote instead.

• Former CM

You can't make a real comparsion of the two. If you want to compare just parks then that would be fair. DL is locked in with what it can do and with it being so small there isn't a ton of room to expand like WDW, but DL does pack more in per inch then anywhere else.

I agree that DL is better than the MK but as a whole I like the WDW resort more than the DL resort.

• Photographer/Disney Lover

Quote Originally Posted by erick13
    You can't make a real comparsion of the two. If you want to compare just parks then that would be fair. DL is locked in with what it can do and with it being so small there isn't a ton of room to expand like WDW, but DL does pack more in per inch then anywhere else.

truer words were never spoken.

WDW is in a league of its own. Kinda hard to do this poll un-biased. We all know that WDW is heaven for disney junkies like us. But for me, DLR will always be something a little more. Its Walt's dream, come into reality and is ever changing. All but its spirit that is!
    "Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." ~ Walt Disney

• e komo mai

Disneyland Resort has the better:
    Pirates
    Space Mtn
    Haunted Mansion
    Big Thunder
    Jungle Cruise
    Fantasmic!
    Buzz
    Small World
    Teacups

WDW has the better:
    Tower of Terror
    Splash Mountain
    Tom Sawyer Island

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    "Walt Disney World may have more than the Disneyland Resort, but Disneyland has quality, and quality always triumphs over quantity." - says the average Disneyland fan (and DL_Craze). But, in my opinion, this is not true. The quality of all of WDW parks combined is > than Disneyland. In fact, alot of things are better at WDW. So, MiceChatters, what do you think?
    Wow, I've never thought of comparing the two resort areas. What a unique idea!
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• meganmegaphone

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha
    I voted for WDW primarily because of EPCOT. I think it's the coolest, most awesome place I've ever visited in my life. If DL had EPCOT, it would have gotten my vote instead.
    I agree, I love Epcot! but Disneyland has something extra... a little authentic pixidust

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• ROFLCOPTER

Well, before they turned it into Thrill Ride World..
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

Why do we have to decide? DL and WDW have different vibes to me and I enjoy both just as much. The question you should be asking is "how many days do you want to spend?" IF you plan on a shorter trip, head to DL. If you want a longer trip, head to WDW.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast