Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• To infinity and beyond!

Re: Monsters Inc. 2 On Track! How about new coaster?

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    We need a better attraction than MILF.
    Or if TDO is that interested in keeping Monsters Inc. in Tomorrowland, how about replace MILF with Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek! from Tokyo Disneyland. It would at least be an upgrade.
    TOY STORY 3 - JUNE 18TH!

• Metro-Retro Historian

I don't get it? Is the logic that monsters look like aliens and aliens are the future so by the transitive property of stupid monsters belong in Tomorrowland? Or is it because their movies are made on computers and computers are the future, which is ever so slightly less stupid.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I don't get it? Is the logic that monsters look like aliens and aliens are the future so by the transitive property of stupid monsters belong in Tomorrowland? Or is it because their movies are made on computers and computers are the future, which is ever so slightly less stupid.
    Or perhaps that Pixar will be the future of Disney animation? It might have to do with the fact that where the monsters work is a factory and, somehow, factories seem futuristic (more industrial if you ask me) and can be put into Tomorrowland. Seems as if the world will never know.
    TOY STORY 3 - JUNE 18TH!

Take this for what it is worth, but they will not sell merchandise in soundstage 1 during Star Wars Weekend (rumored of the Monster's Inc. Attraction) this year. They will be using the AFI Showcase for Wicket's Warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post
    Take this for what it is worth, but they will not sell merchandise in soundstage 1 during Star Wars Weekend (rumored of the Monster's Inc. Attraction) this year. They will be using the AFI Showcase for Wicket's Warehouse.
    I really hope they're getting ready to announce the coaster! I too remember reading they were thinking of putting it in Soundstage 1. Is there a map of where Soundstage 1 is?
    Last edited by Rayhawk; 04-27-2010 at 02:45 PM.
    TOY STORY 3 - JUNE 18TH!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayhawk View Post
    I really hope they're getting ready to announce the coaster! I too remember reading they were thinking of putting it in Soundstage 1. Is there a map of where Soundstage 1 is?
    It is between TSMM and the Backlot Tour's entrance.

I'm on my iPad right now, but I can get a picture off my Macbook later.

Quote Originally Posted by Krankenstein View Post

It is between TSMM and the Backlot Tour's entrance.

I'm on my iPad right now, but I can get a picture off my Macbook later.
    Alright! That'd be great! Is it connected to TSMM? Cause I found some kind of building between the two. It may just be part of TSMM though.
    TOY STORY 3 - JUNE 18TH!

Quote Originally Posted by Rayhawk View Post
    Alright! That'd be great! Is it connected to TSMM? Cause I found some kind of building between the two. It may just be part of TSMM though.
    Soundstage 1, 2 and 3 are all housed in one building. This was originally were they filmed different TV shows/movies when they still had the working studio aspect going. Soundstage 2 and 3 were cannibalized for TSMM. Soundstage 1 remains as an open space. It is typically used during Star Wars Weekend to house Wicket's Warehouse (basically a huge gift shop full of Star Wars merchandise).

The circled building in this picture is Soundstage 1:

This is a (bad) picture of the interior of the building to give you a feel for it. It was taking during Star Wars Weekend '09:

From what I have been told, IF the Monster's Inc. coaster comes, the building would be expanded. This would require more changes to the Backlot Tour.

• Happy Haunt

^ might be just an ok picture of the soundstage but it is an amazing picture of that guy's mutton chops

Thanks so much for the visual Krankenstein. That's around where I thought it was. An expansion of the building would definitely be needed.
    TOY STORY 3 - JUNE 18TH!

A little more info from 2011 | Progress City, U.S.A..

The above image, produced by Disney documentarian extraordinaire Martin Smith, shows the expansion area available to WDI for Pixar Place’s Phase 2. At the top of the image, in white, is the track layout for the recently opened Toy Story Mania! The area outlined in yellow is the current Pixar Place, and the area outlined in red is the former Soundstage One building which has been earmarked for the new attraction. To the left of the buildings is a backstage area which contains, among other things, the wardrobe department. The purple outline shows how far Soundstage One can be expanded without impacting the function of these buildings, while the blue outline shows a possible ride footprint which would affect the backstage areas. More accessible backstage areas are outlined in cyan, and this is where it is rumored that the attraction’s queue area would be set up.

This image, also from Martin Smith, compares the footprint of Disney Studios Paris’s Crush’s Coaster to that of Hollywood Studios’ Soundstage One. The Paris coaster is often mentioned as an example of what Orlando’s new attraction will resemble. While the plot size of the two attractions are roughly similar, Smith says that the Crush’s Coaster building is far taller that the available building in Florida.
    I hope this clears things up for everyone.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

As fun as I think a Monster's Inc Coaster would be, I think the movie is so kid-friendly that a Monsters Inc. attraction that wasn't kid friendly might not be a great idea. I think the DCA dark ride is a better idea, though the execution of that leaves a little to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    As fun as I think a Monster's Inc Coaster would be, I think the movie is so kid-friendly that a Monsters Inc. attraction that wasn't kid friendly might not be a great idea. I think the DCA dark ride is a better idea, though the execution of that leaves a little to be desired.
    Crush's Coaster has a 42" height requirement. It appears they would base this attraction off of it only it would have a different style car, but it could give an indication of what we could expect.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by GraceysGirl View Post
    ^ might be just an ok picture of the soundstage but it is an amazing picture of that guy's mutton chops

• Banned User

More Pixar sequels, plus it seems they will be making more than one movie per year...could be the beginning of the end for Pixar's run of (mostly) excellent films.

P.S.: I say "mostly" because I wasn't crazy about Cars.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast