• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

WDW during Holiday season

Me and my family are planning to go back to WDW..but this time we want to go during the Holidays..I have a question..is this WDW peak season? We want to go next year and well we have started to look at our options to stay at a Disney Resort..but I just want to know if it's really busy during that time of year?
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Another trip down I-4

Re: WDW during Holiday season

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    Me and my family are planning to go back to WDW..but this time we want to go during the Holidays..I have a question..is this WDW peak season? We want to go next year and well we have started to look at our options to stay at a Disney Resort..but I just want to know if it's really busy during that time of year?
    The closer you get to Christmas, the crazier it becomes. And New Year's? Especially when it's on a Saturday this year? It is shoulder to shoulder people and the prices reflect it. There are holiday surcharges on buffets and rooms. I would suggest going the Monday after Thanksgiving if at all possible - the decorations are up, but the crowds are lower.

• Happy Haunt

I went early November this past year. It was wonderful. During the day it was nice and warm at night it was a bit chilly. The Christmas decorations were up pretty much everywhere. Epcot still had some stuff to add and the Christmas tree wasn't up in MK but it was nice and quiet.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

We have gone the first week in December 3 times already and its not bad in terms of crowds, but the close you get to the actual holidays, the more busy it gets.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Thanks for answering my question...this will definetly make it easier on us to choose which dates to go to WDW...
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was there the first week in Christmas back in 2007. It was not too crowded. I really enjoyed myself. I stayed at Coronado Springs with a friend. I was able to spend quite a lot of time just soaking up the holiday atmosphere. I was there for 6 nights. It's a great time to go. Everyone should do the holiday season at least once.

May 11 - 16, 2015

we go ever december for about a week or so (depends on when the holiday is). i start driving down dec 25th, and get there dec 26th. it is a zoo from day one. room rates are at their highest.
    Last edited by cseverens; 04-30-2010 at 09:39 AM.

• Disneyholic

Actually December 1st-16th is value season, the 17th till the 31st (continuing till Jan 2nd typically) is "Holiday Season" which means the highest rates, large crowds and increased meal prices.

I have a one page calendar with all the different "seasons" of WDW you can download from my site here.

Unfortunately the Disneyland California Calendar is non-existent now since the prices change based on occupancy levels all the time like they do on Cruise lines. (low occupancy = low prices, almost full = highest prices)
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Thanks Jerren...

[

My buddy and I went Dec 11-17 last year and it was so uncrowded, but everything Christmasy was going on. We did Candlelight Processional, MVMCP, Osborne Lights, plus F!, Spectro, Wishes and Illuminations. I highly recommend the end of value season in Dec.

• Disneyholic

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
    My buddy and I went Dec 11-17 last year and it was so uncrowded, but everything Christmasy was going on. We did Candlelight Processional, MVMCP, Osborne Lights, plus F!, Spectro, Wishes and Illuminations. I highly recommend the end of value season in Dec.

I'll second that one. Plus, almost all of those things start the day after Thanksgiving! Early-Mid December is a great time to go, low crowds, cooler temperatures, and the decorations and special Christmas events really put you in the seasonal mood.
    Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

• Characters are my friends

Early-mid Dec is an awsome time to go (like others have said).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 98- Port OrleansMarch 03- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 03- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 05- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 06- AS Sports (Solo Trip)May 24, 06 to Jan 5, 07- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 07- offsite (solo trip)March 1-3, 2007- Dad + Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 07- CP (CS)Aug 10-12, 07- GF/P&PMay 21-Aug 15, 08- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 08- AKLMarch 25-29, 09 (off-site)Aug 10, 09-Jan 2, 10- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (East)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL DreamJan 20-24, 2014: DCL MagicFeb 17/18, 2015 AS Music

Jan 12- Aug 5, 2005- Fantasyland Merchandise
    May 24, 2006 to Jan 5, 2007- Character Attendant
    May 16- Aug 10, 2007- Epcot WS Custodial/Seasonal CA
    May 21- July 5, 2008: Casey's (QSFB); July 6-Aug 15, 2008: character attendant
    Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010: Toy Story Mania
    Jan 3-May 14, 2010: Great Movie Ride
    May 16, 2010~ Fulltime

We visit WDW almost every Christmas holiday season and have seen the holiday crowds decrease over the years. The economy has also effected WDW. The key is to plan each park day in advance, get up early and leave when you cannot handle the crowds any more. The worst day to even try to get into the parks (especially MK) is Christmas and New Years Eve. Epcot will accept the overflow from the other parks so EPCOT is shoulder to shoulder people beginning late morning til after midnight.
    I agree the best time to visit is right after Thanksgiving because kids are still in school (even year round schools) and the decorations are up...and the parks are not busy at all. Have a wonderful trip...and Merry Christmas!

Reading this thread has prompted me to plan a trip with my daughter from Dec 2nd through the 10th (it'll be a surprise).

My wife and I went to Disney World in early December of 07, and got married in Orlando. After getting married, we went to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom. It was great, because Disney limits the amount of people that go to it each night (extra cost of course) but the lines for rides were non existent. Some friends and I rode Space Mountain at least 4 times, with hardly any wait. Christmas at Disney World is something we will never forget, and the crowds didnt bother us at ALL.