PARADES and FIREWORKS (where to watch?)

Hi there,

I'm going to WDW in 10 days and was wondering if somebody can give me some tips regarding the parades. I am a common visitor to DLP, this is why I was thinking the following:

Spectromagic: I was thinking watching it from the Hub. Are there any Showstops? Does the parade go from Main Street to Frontierland or the other way round?

Disney Dreams Parade: I was thinking watching this one from City Hall (in Paris this is the place where it is less crowded as the parade exits there). If it is the same as in Paris, the parade runs from Frontierland to Main Street. Are there any showstops?

Wishes: I was thinking watching it from the Hub.

Illuminations: I will have dinner at San Angel Inn just before the show and I believe that just outside the Mexican Pavillion it is a very nice spot to watch the show; what do you think?

Block Party Bash: Would you suggest watching it from Hollywood Boulevard?

Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade: Honestly I have no clue where I should watch this parade from. I would just guess that the setting of Africa would be the most picturesque. What do you think?

I am sure I will have a great time and thank you in advance for your tips.

Stefan

Re: PARADES and FIREWORKS (where to watch?)

We just came back Saturday: You'll have a blast.

As far as "Wishes" you can't beat the dessert party (if it's not booked, and you can swing it financially).

We watched the parades from the balcony at "Tony's" in the Magic Kingdom.
    As for Illuminations, we went out on the jetty between the American and Italy pavilions, and had a wonderful view.

• Tonka's Skipper

Smile Re: PARADES and FIREWORKS (where to watch?)

I know its not really the right thing to do, but last Thanksgiving night my wife and I had dinner at the Grand Floridain, took our 1 /2 left over bottle of chardonay, *borrowed 2 pool towels and when down to the GF beach and sat and enjoyed the Fireworks over the MK and the last of the wine!.

AKK

• Occasional Reader

There is adegree of whether you're prepared to sit on the floor, or prepared to wait out longer to get a good spot that's also comfortable.
    Though I only have limited experiences, My wishes favourite is in the hub slightly to the right of centre as you look from main st station to the castle, I'm happy not to have akerb and just plonk on the floor. I remember last time (Aug09). I had tram tracks under my arms as I sat in the hub.
    Illuminations the best spot was bascally on the line that splits future world, with my back to future world, but had to wait out a spiot here for quite a while before the show (that was in 2003). In 2005 we found a bench in china that had a restricted view, but it was a bench, which compensated. In 2009 we were on a bridge between the route to futureworld and mexico, which had we had a front row spot would have been ok, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend it. Given i'm 6' 2 i and that we didn't try to find a spot till it was almost started, it was ok. For a first viewing i'd recommend staking out a spot.
    Smile, you never know who's looking !

SpectroMagic starts on Main Street and most of the crowd that watches it on Main Street sticks around to watch Wishes from the same area, so your best bet is usually to view both of these from the same spot. But depending on when you go, it's lovely to watch the second SpectroMagic from a practically empty Frontierland and then head over to Main Street For the fireworks.. The parade doesn't have any show stops so you can basically watch it from anywhere. I personally prefer to view Wishes from just a bit further back from the Hub in order to get the whole picture.

The Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade starts in Frontierland does sort of mini-stops, wherever you are it's likely you'll be able to see one of these, so I personally wouldn't worry about it too much, it's not as vital as it is with the Block Party Bash. It will be crowded in front of Town Hall, as will all of Main Street, just at the parade start is my favorite spot to watch so that as soon as it finishes I can head into Adventureland and cool down with some Pirates.

For Illuminations, you're going to want to be as close to the lagoon as possible, you'll be able to see from the back, but you may not get the full effect if you can't see the globe and low-lying fireworks. There's currently construction going on in front of the Mexico pavilion and I think it likely that it's obstructing the view. When you come out of the pavilion I would walk left (counter-clockwise) around World Showcase until you come to an empty spot near-ish the rail. My favorite will always be the Venetian bridges at the Italian pavilion. But if you finish eating just before it starts walk a bit and you can basically see from anywhere.

In my experience, there just isn't a really great place to watch parades in Hollywood Studios. There's very little shade, especially on Hollywood Boulevard, but if you're on Hollywood Boulevard you'll be able to see two of the show stops, and it may be your best bet despite the heat and crowds.

It doesn't really matter where you watch the parade in Animal Kingdom, the best bet is usually to watch it from whatever part of the route you're nearest to as the park is so large and it's a waste of time to go out of your way for it. I find that the walkway between Asia and Africa is usually a good spot, but again, don't stray too far from where you were/want to be.

This site: Walt Disney World Live Entertainment is very helpful in planning what entertainment you want to see.
    someday, when we are wiser,
    when the world's older,
    when we have learned

http://nicoleloveswalt.tumblr.com/

"It's kind of fun to do the i m p o s s i b l e ."
    - Walt Disney

• DVC owner and loving it !

Wishes-On the terrace at Tomorrowland terrace noodle station get there early!!! tinker bell comes right over your head-VERY COOL-also the california grill has an observation deck for fireworks which is very cool.
    Spectromagic-depends on is you are leaving after the parade. if you are leaving get near the train station. If you are staying; near the castle is good.
    Dreams-I believe it is exactly the same as DLP.
    Illuminations-Get on the railing anywhere around the showcase.
    Jammin-never stayed in the park long enough to see it.
    Block party-Hollywood Blvd. has the show stops so the only factor will be the hot floridian sun.

• Main Street with a friend

Try catching Illuminations in front of Norway.
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Cbum View Post
    Wishes-On the terrace at Tomorrowland terrace noodle station get there early!!! tinker bell comes right over your head-VERY COOL
    You don't have to get there early, just book the "Wishes Dessert Party" and pay in advance

Quote Originally Posted by euro disney stefan View Post
    Hi there,

Wishes: I was thinking watching it from the Hub.

Stefan
    You, and 10,000 of your closest friends.

I've always liked the view from the train station at the end of Main Street - if you can get there early, you may be able to get up in the station - plus, you're near the exit. If there are no EMH's the night you do that one, it'll give you a jump on the massive process of exiting the park and getting back to your mode of transportation before the majority of the people in the park.

Also - you didn't ask this - but if you are planning to do Phantasmic at DHS, as tempting as it may be - DON'T sit down in front - unless you like to have a shower with your entertainment. If there is a breeze the night of show, you'll be wearing the water scenes.