Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

First Time to DisneyWorld want to watch "The Carousel of Progress"

Hello Friends! I will be visiting DisneyWorld in a couple weeks for the first time! I really really want to see "The Carousel of Progress"
    Do you know if the attraction will be open then? We will be at the park between May 14 and May 19. Thanks so much for your help!

Re: First Time to DisneyWorld want to watch "The Carousel of Progress"

I went to MK last October and I was sooo lucky that The Carousel of Progress was open. I spoke to a CM about it because during the ride it broke down and we received a fast pass to ride any attraction. We were told that the The Carousel of Progress isonly open during special times of the year, mostly during the holidays. We went to Mickeys Scariest Halloween Party and that is why it was open. Being that Memorial weekend is right around the corner you may be lucky too and it could be open. You also might want to call to find out.

Thanks for the information! I really really hope that attraction is open. I am most excited to see it. As a long time Disneyland fan, it is something that I never had the privilege of seeing since I was born a bit too late.
    Should I contact the main guest relations number to find out if it will be open?
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mickeymfan View Post
    I went to MK last October and I was sooo lucky that The Carousel of Progress was open. I spoke to a CM about it because during the ride it broke down and we received a fast pass to ride any attraction. We were told that the The Carousel of Progress isonly open during special times of the year, mostly during the holidays. We went to Mickeys Scariest Halloween Party and that is why it was open. Being that Memorial weekend is right around the corner you may be lucky too and it could be open. You also might want to call to find out.
    That CM was wrong. CoP is now operating on a normal schedule (has been for a number of years now). It is open everyday during regular park hours. You will have no problem riding/watching it.

AWESOME!!! Thanks so much!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Yup, CoP isn't seasonal anymore.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I believe they leave it listed as seasonal because it breaks down fairly often, so they're covered. It opens most days at 10 am and closes before the park does, so don't leave it for last or you'll miss out.

• The Study of Wumbo

HALLELUJAH Carousel is back, baby!

I saw it in August with my family and really liked it. It's such a nice change of pace from, say, Stitch's Great Escape. *yuck*
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Every time I visit WDW, CoP is always open. It's definitely not seasonal anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy'sno1fan View Post
    I believe they leave it listed as seasonal because it breaks down fairly often, so they're covered. It opens most days at 10 am and closes before the park does, so don't leave it for last or you'll miss out.
    It is not listed as seasonal on park maps or WDW's website and it is always operational. Where are you getting this seasonal/breaks down stuff from? I have ridden CoP over 20 times in the last year. I experienced one E-stop due to stupid people standing up during the show.

• Make The Bumping Stop

The last instance of it being "seasonal" was before space went 10-1 for the "upgrades". The fact that the OHRC was hit almost every hour made the managers think twice about it being seasonal again. =P

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by speedwayslave View Post
    The fact that the OHRC was hit almost every hour made the managers think twice about it being seasonal again.
    Definition please? (Sorry.)

My guess is Operational Hourly Ride Capacity. So you're saying that, when the ride ran, it was full?
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Make The Bumping Stop

Yes, it was pushing as many people through as it could hold (supposedly), but keep in mind this was while space was shut down. Now it can barely fill 1/3 of the theater from what I am told.

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by speedwayslave View Post
    Yes, it was pushing as many people through as it could hold (supposedly), but keep in mind this was while space was shut down. Now it can barely fill 1/3 of the theater from what I am told.
    Ah. Thanks.

Well, that's just simple supply and demand, right? Where are all those crowds going to go when one of the Mountain is down. Logically, across Rockettower Plaza.

For a second there my brain was thinking, "Well, they could just have less shows per day." Then I remembered that it doesn't really work that way.
    -Hale (wumbology)

From what I've heard is that it went seasonal but it never closed like a seasonal attraction does, so technically, it isn't a seasonal attraction. It should be open when you go.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast