View Poll Results: I can only choose ONE park. Which one should I go to?

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Magic Kingdom

12 18.46%
  • Epcot

46 70.77%
  • Animal Kingdom

7 10.77%
  • Disney Studios

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

I can go to ONE WDW park. Which one should I go to?

This June I am headed out to Florida to go to Universal Orlando! So stoked! As much as I love WDW, I think Universal is better. (Sorry Disney-hollics. ) I am very excited to see the Harry Potter ride despite the fact I'm not a HP fanboy...at all. But anyways, even though we're focusing the trip more on Universal, me and my family thought that what's a trip to Florida without going to at least ONE Disney park. To do both Universal parks and all four Disney would be very expensive and tedious. So we all decided on ONE park. I'm leaning more towards Epcot, but you people may have different opinions. What do you guys think? I'm not sure about Magic Kingdom since to me it's basically the same as Disneyland except it's bigger and less stuff to do. Animal Kingdom, there's Expedition Everest and you get to see the animals, but that's it. (I HATE the Dinosaur ride. Awful! Awful! Awful!) studios...well, most of the rides they have there are in California Adventure...except Rockin' Roller Coaster and Great Movie Ride.

So what do you guys think? If I'm going to go to one park, which one should I choose?
    Last edited by Freakazoid112; 05-02-2010 at 08:33 PM.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: I can go to ONE WDW park. Which one should I go to?

Epcot is probably the best park there.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Banned User

ehh... there isn't alot to do at Epcot. I'm in the exact same situation and I'm going to MK.

they have better Jungle Cruise, Carousel of Progress, People Mover, Haunted Mansion.

• Goofy

in my opinion i would choose magic kingdom.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    in my opinion i would choose magic kingdom.
    Like I said earlier, MK looks nicer but has less stuff to do there than DL. The only things they have there at MK that's unique to DL are PhilharMagic, Stitch, Carousel of Progress, and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Sure the Fantasyland Dark rides and Splash Mountain are better, but that's it. Everything else to me would seem a tad repetitive from DL. Just my opinion.

• Seasick

If you're familiar with Disneyland, I agree with skipping the Magic Kingdom.

Epcot is unique, and will fill a day easily. It should also have the longest operating hours, so you'll get more value for your day.

Animal Kingdom would be a good choice too. Don't dismiss it because you can't list a ton of things to do off the top of your head. It's a great park for meandering in and catching all the little details.

If you can justify the extra price, don't rule out hitting AK in the AM and Epcot for the rest of the day.

And I wouldn't give the studios any consideration either.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Are you going alone or with children? To me Magic Kingdom is the flagship of all properties, its the one that makes me get the goose bumps. But thats not to say that I don't enjoy the other parks as well. After reading some of your interests I think you would probably have the most fun in would be Epcot. But heres a suggestion why don't you get a park hopper pass for the day which I think would only be a few ore dollars(if I am wrong, sorry) and then that way you can visit more than one. Good luck...And even though I am a DISNEY aholic, I too along with my son would love to see that Harry Potter ride and area at Universal.;

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

If you're used to DLR, skip Magic Kingdom. The Magic Kingdom park at Disneyland is way better.

You can do a lot at Epcot and I guess that's where my recommendation would go. However, if it was me personally, I would go to Hollywood Studios. I've always enjoyed that park, just the general vibe I guess.

You can spend an entire day at Epcot, but if you go to Hollywood studios there's a good chance you'll run out of things to do by afternoon. A lot of those attractions are for a specific demographic and if you don't fit that demographic it's not worth your time. Epcot is pretty much something for everyone.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Epcot, totally. Love that park!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jemmouse View Post
    Are you going alone or with children?
    I have a five-year old sister. But she's also pretty familiar with DL.

I failed to mention that I have been to all four parks a few years before but now we're going again!

• Happy Haunt

If you go to Disneyland regularly and are familiar with all the parks I'd say EPCOT. It's unique from other Disney properties and Disneyland and MK have a lot of the same rides.

On the other hand I couldn't pass up MK on a trip no matter what.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

My vote is for Epcot. Epcot has a lot to offer for everyone. Your 5 yr old sister can do the Kidcot and ride the rides, and the Kim Possible hunt thing. The older crowds will like the WS.
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin77 View Post
    ehh... there isn't alot to do at Epcot.
    Not a lot to do at EPCOT? You must only ride Test Track & Mission: Space when you go there or something.

There's LOTS to do at EPCOT! Besides the rides in Future World, you can explore the countries in World Showcase, check out Off Kilter in Canada (awesome Celtic rock) and the British Invasion in the UK (a Beatles tribute band) if they're playing. Plus there's a band in Morocco called Mo'Rockin (or something like that), the candy maker in Japan (Myuki is her name I think), in China there's Chinese acrobats, a mariachi band in Mexico. Plus there's a couple rides in World Showcase (Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico and Maelstrom in Norway) besides the movies in China, France & Canada. Oh and there's the Kim Possible interactive game thingy you can do in World Showcase too.

EPCOT is a very unique park. Magic Kingdom is very similar to Disneyland so you're better off skipping it this time and see something truly different. EPCOT has been my favorite Disney park since I first visited in 1987 (I was 12 at the time, so don't give me the "kids don't like it" BS). When I go to Orlando at the end of July for a bunch of stuff I got planned up that way, I've already made plans to visit EPCOT (mainly to see Captain EO again, but I digress).

• Sailing Away

I agree - Epcot
    "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
    - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Like I said earlier, MK looks nicer but has less stuff to do there than DL. The only things they have there at MK that's unique to DL are PhilharMagic, Stitch, Carousel of Progress, and Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. Sure the Fantasyland Dark rides and Splash Mountain are better, but that's it. Everything else to me would seem a tad repetitive from DL. Just my opinion.
    Dude, this is easy. Epcot, Epcot, Epcot. I am a Californian now living in Florida, and I'd say your assessment of Magic Kingdom vs Disneyland is quite accurate: MK has more physical space, but less rides. In my humble opinion, all of the rides are better at Disneyland except Haunted Mansion. I've seen it happen before: if you're used to Disneyland, MK disappoints.

You have clearly ruled out Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for reasons I completely agree with. Epcot is a winner for everyone. There's a TON to do in that park, and people of all ages like it. Your sister will like Finding Nemo, Spaceship Earth (redone since you were there, I think), Soarin, and maybe more.

This is a no-brainer, Epcot all the way!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast