Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why do people pull to the side of the road before the Parking Lot Ticket Booths?

Hi Friends,

I was a bit confused while visiting WDW to see at each of the parking lot entrances there always seemed to be a bunch of vehicles pulled over to the side of the road about 100 feet before the parking lot pay booths? What is the deal with this? There must be something going on, are people meeting there to sell unused tickets or something? It seemed to be going on at each of the Disney parks I visited in Orlando.

Thanks for the info!

CA

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Re: Why do people pull to the side of the road before the Parking Lot Ticket Booths?

Perhaps they were digging through purses and wallets to come up with the cash for their parking?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Why do people pull to the side of the road before the Parking Lot Ticket Booths?

1. Dan kinda hit the nail on the head. We have to remember most people who go to the Magic Kingdom and WDW aren't Disneyphiles like myself or yourself. Pay for parking? They don't realize it until a few minutes prior. Florida is notorious for toll booths as it is and many tourists have no idea until they see one and panic.

2. Disney also doesn't have a turn around space. If you change your mind, you're kinda stuck.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

hmm, interesting theory. I am not sure about it though, seems like there were lots more cars pulling over pretty far back before the booths. I do not even think you can see the price for the parking fee at that distance.

I guess it makes sense thought but I would like to think it is something more elaborate going on!

Quote Originally Posted by CAspace View Post
    hmm, interesting theory. I am not sure about it though, seems like there were lots more cars pulling over pretty far back before the booths. I do not even think you can see the price for the parking fee at that distance.

I guess it makes sense thought but I would like to think it is something more elaborate going on!
    Maybe they were taking a picture if they were that far back.

It seemed to occur in each of the parks I visited. I was under the impression that people were maybe meeting people to sell unused days from the tickets to. But that would not make sense since you cannot turn around.
    As for taking pictures I cannot imagine people would want to take pictures of the ticket booths.

Do me a favor, next time you visit the parks, look on your left and your right about 150 feet before the ticket booths. Look at the cars pulled to the side of the road with there hazards on. Maybe they are just looking for money (I would think they would not mind using a credit card though)

hmm.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I can't imagine what you were seeing. I've driven through all of the park toll booths many many times over the years, and have never seen anything like what you describe.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Deer.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Just got back from a week at WDW and I remember this from previous trips. It is not just at the booths. There are cars of on the grassy areas all over the World. Mostly where there is no curb though.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hi Friends,

I was a bit confused while visiting WDW to see at each of the parking lot entrances there always seemed to be a bunch of vehicles pulled over to the side of the road about 100 feet before the parking lot pay booths? What is the deal with this? There must be something going on, are people meeting there to sell unused tickets or something? It seemed to be going on at each of the Disney parks I visited in Orlando.

Thanks for the info!

CA
    As someone who gets stuck behind them, especially when they like to try to do it in heavy traffic, I ask myself the same thing. The answer is: they're tourists. It is what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    As someone who gets stuck behind them, especially when they like to try to do it in heavy traffic, I ask myself the same thing. The answer is: they're tourists. It is what they do.
    could it really be as simple as that?

Theres your answer. They even like to get their pictures taken next to the two signs that say "Emergency Stopping Only"
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719 View Post
    1. Dan kinda hit the nail on the head. We have to remember most people who go to the Magic Kingdom and WDW aren't Disneyphiles like myself or yourself. Pay for parking? They don't realize it until a few minutes prior. Florida is notorious for toll booths as it is and many tourists have no idea until they see one and panic.
    Paid parking is standard fair in the theme park business.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Paid parking is standard fair in the theme park business.
    Not in Denver.

Or Utah.

Or Minneasota.

Of course, you're also working from the standpoint that everyone goes to theme parks. Even if it were standard fair--most people don't have that prior knowledge.

PEace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Minion

Standard fare at Hersheypark, King's Dominion, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, and Six Flags (Largo, MD) is free parking.

As for taking pictures I cannot imagine people would want to take pictures of the ticket booths.
    Why not? I did! It says "We're here!"
    Last edited by Grinning Ghost; 05-26-2010 at 04:40 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast