Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: Annual Pass Payment Plan On The Way to Walt Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    That's interesting because it contradicts Disney's internal & public policy on Premier Passes. Regardless, I believe you, but that shouldn't be happening. I will investigate.
    I don't know what there is for you to "Investigate." Nearly everyone I know who upgraded to the Premier pass is paying for the Disneyland portion on installments. My guess is they'll allow the same for the WDW portion in the near future. It would be silly for them not to.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    This news has its pros and cons of course. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Personally, I think that if you can't afford paying for an annual pass all at once, you shouldn't be getting one.
    Personally, I don't think it's a bad idea to pay monthly. Think of it as paying $60 per month to go to WDW. You may still be paying for it in month 12, but you could very well still be using it in month 12. Is it any different than paying for a car or house, that you're getting use out of as you pay it off?

Paying something off after you've used it, would be another story. Again, just for me personally, I wouldn't want to take a vacation and still be paying for it long after it's over, for example.

I imagine an average family of four would find it hard to pay for multiple passes at once.

I don't have a problem with Disney hawking annual passes per se, but it does bring up some issues. Disneyland becomes wall to wall people on weekend nights, with everyone being shuttled around like cattle by cast members with their glow wands. It stops being the relaxing vacation spot you see in commercials, and becomes a locals hang-out.

If WDW expands their annual pass program, will we see the same thing at Epcot? Will you still be able to take a leisurely stroll with a drink, and watch Illuminations, or will it be packed to the gills?

Locals with a pass are more likely to be tolerant of such conditions, they can always come back whenever. Disney does need to ensure a positive experience for people paying full price as well.

Crowds and lines at a Disney park are expected of course, but when one is waiting hours and hours for Space Mountain, they might connect that to signs offering up cheap monthly payments, and feel some resentment.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

In answer to questions posed in the Disney Parks Blog:

Post 82:

Question:
    Homan on March 11th, 2010 at 12:40 pm
    This is AWESOME, and I will be getting this pass in the next couple of weeks. I do have a question. I have the Premium Disneyland Annual Pass right now. But I pay for it with Monthly payments. When I go to upgrade my pass do I just pay the difference between this pass and the New Pass and continue to pay my monthly payments for the Disneyland Pass. OR do I need to both pay off my current pass and pay the difference of the new pass at the ticket Both?
    Answer:
    Thomas Smith on March 12th, 2010 at 2:15 pm
    Hi Homan…glad to hear. So, you’ll pay the difference between your current Pass and the new Premier Passport. Also, you will continue to pay the monthly payments for the Disneyland Pass.
    ?Disney Premier Passport? Unveiled Disney Parks Blog Post #82

And, Post 97:

Question:
    Jannee from CA on March 11th, 2010 at 9:45 pm
    We just got DL Premium passes that are on the monthly payment plan. We plan to go to WDW in July and would like to upgrade to the new pass. How does this work with the payment plan? Will we need to pay the total of the DL passes before upgrading to the new pass? Thank you for your reponse.
    Answer:
    Thomas Smith on March 12th, 2010 at 2:04 pm
    Hi Jannee…you’ll pay the difference in the price ($700 – price of current pass) and you will continue to pay the monthly payments.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 05-26-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

wdw is too crowded for me!

But if the primere pass can be used for installments, I might actually consider getting it.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I vote for the Premier Pass to be paid in installments for DVC members...
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    In answer to questions posed in the Disney Parks Blog:

Post 82:

Question:

Answer:

?Disney Premier Passport? Unveiled Disney Parks Blog Post #82

And, Post 97:

Question:

Answer:
    Bingo.

These were all upgraded with days left. That is where the confusion is. Since all of you were already on the monthly payment plan, you get to stay on it. But someone who starts from scratch with a new Premier Pass can not pay for it monthly. You can even cite the Disney Parks blog on that.
    -Bill

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    But someone who starts from scratch with a new Premier Pass can not pay for it monthly. You can even cite the Disney Parks blog on that.
    Not exactly. There's a hole that you can buy a Disneyland Premium AP on Monthly, then immediately turn around and upgrade it for the difference. According to Disneyland CMs, it was Florida's holdup. With WDW Premiums being $656.01 (with tax), then the premium upgrade is only $66. If I can pull the same 'trick' with the new Florida AP payment plan, then I pay a lump-sum of $66 above the Premium price for access to Disneyland, paying the rest of monthly.
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 05-27-2010 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Added some clarification.

• Circle of Ancients

Personally, I think that if you can't afford paying for an annual pass all at once, you shouldn't be getting one.
    Not to get into the same argument that people were getting in when DL started their payment plans ... but:

It's not a matter of "not being able to afford it", it's a matter of paying for 5 AP's every year and not really feeling like plunking down $2500 at once. This makes it much more managable. And considering we use our Debit card, not a credit card for our passes I don't get why people have an issue with it.

Now, I don't think the payment plans should be available on the Socal passes, just the Deluxe and Premium passes. Or even just the Premium.

It will be interesting to see how the payment plan works with the all-parks pass though.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Indeed, you could do that.
    -Bill

What difference could it possibly mean to you how other people choose to pay for they AP's?

I actually think this will boost attendance. There are benefits to having one. Plus-there is a mental thing that people tend to do when they've paid for an annual pass...to anything. They are more likely to make more trips to make sure they get their money's worth. That means more hotel reservations, more food purchases, more souvenirs sold....

• World Traveler

Let me just clarify my statement. There are people, especially in this economy, who are having trouble making ends meet - paying their bills, etc. These people should not be getting annual passports, unless they can truly afford it. It's up to the individual. If Disney wants to give interest free loans to people, that's great. I would personally take advantage of it because it's financially smart do do so.

For the Disneyland payment plan, is the loan made directly from Disney or through another company? I can only imagine someone getting a nasty collection letter from Disney.

Let me just clarify my statement. There are people, especially in this economy, who are having trouble making ends meet - paying their bills, etc. These people should not be getting annual passports, unless they can truly afford it. It's up to the individual. If Disney wants to give interest free loans to people, that's great. I would personally take advantage of it because it's financially smart do do so.

For the Disneyland payment plan, is the loan made directly from Disney or through another company? I can only imagine someone getting a nasty collection letter from Disney.
    Thanks for the clarification Mikeland -but I understood your original statement. My response to you was the nicest possible way I could find to say that it's none of your business - without having to actually say it. I see your point and while I would never buy an annual pass I couldn't afford, or go into debt for it for that matter, you and I don't get an opinion with regards to what other people do with their lives or finances.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by celticdar View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Mikeland -but I understood your original statement. My response to you was the nicest possible way I could find to say that it's none of your business - without having to actually say it. I see your point and while I would never buy an annual pass I couldn't afford, or go into debt for it for that matter, you and I don't get an opinion with regards to what other people do with their lives or finances.
    I might not have a say in others finances ... but I will always have an opinion!

since sea world, busch and universal already have these plans, it's great disney finally decided to get onboard. It's really better for them as well since they have a guarantee cash flow every month. also you have to use a credit or debit card in order to be part of the paymjent plan so if for some reason your card is cancelled, your pass will be cancelled as well until such time as your situation is fixed.

• Banned User

I was comp'ed up to the Premier Pass when they did the big hoopla announcing it - and I still pay my monthly DL AP payments :P

Oh well, get to goto Epcot at DCA prices

As for monthly payments coming to WDW - that's been floating around since the start of the year. I kind of expected it to already be out there - maybe the June 1st price jump for waterparks will also include this change.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast