Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Arrow Annual Pass Payment Plan On The Way to Walt Disney World

I've just learned from a couple little birdies that Florida wants to grow their Passholder program . . . so they are taking a page from Disneyland's play book and implementing a monthly installment plan.

I don't have a date that this will be released, but it should be happening soon.

So, what do you all think? Is this a good thing (easy payment terms) or a bad thing (possible increase in crowds)?

As for me, I'm all in favor . . . right up until I can't make restaurant reservations any more because the parks are too packed

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Annual Pass Payment Plan On The Way to Walt Disney World

Will you have to be a Florida resident to use it though?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm not sure. At Disneyland you DO have to be a local resident.

However, WDW is MUCH bigger and could accomidate far more passholders and has a much smaller local population. So, it could be different at WDW. But we shall have to wait for further info on that particular detail.
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Yes! This means I can get my Premier pass at a 15-month renewal, AND get it in payments.

That's being bicoastal for only $60 a month. I like this, the question is - will it spark the crouds Disney wants? I have a feeling the answer is still No.
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 05-25-2010 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    Yes! This means I can get my Premier pass at a 15-month renewal, AND get it in payments.

That's being bicoastal for only $60 a month. I like this, the question is - will it spark the crouds Disney wants? I have a feeling the answer is still No.
    Wow! That is a steal!

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post

Sorry, but the Premier Pass is not valid for ANY type of discount, promotion, or monthly payment option, and will not be anytime in the immediate future.
    -Bill

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Yes yes yes yes!!!!!

• World Traveler

This news has its pros and cons of course. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Personally, I think that if you can't afford paying for an annual pass all at once, you shouldn't be getting one.

OMG FINALLY!!! I've actually been complaining about this for sometime now, and how it wasn't fair for DL to have that availability and WDW have to pay in full up front. This makes up for me having a crabby day so far!!

My understanding is it would be for Florida residents only.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Sorry, but the Premier Pass is not valid for ANY type of discount, promotion, or monthly payment option, and will not be anytime in the immediate future.
    Sorry to contradict you Bill, but you are incorrect. You ARE able to pay for the Disneyland portion of your Premier Pass on installments if you are a Disneyland local. I know because I AM doing so right now on my Premier pass. The Disney World portion needs to be paid in a lump sum. However, it might be possible for the entire pass to be paid on installments once Disney World implements their own installment plan. We shall see.
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-26-2010 at 08:31 AM. Reason: typed post on an iPhone needed to go back in and fix all the "auto corrected" errors Apple and my two thumbs imparted
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    This news has its pros and cons of course. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.

Personally, I think that if you can't afford paying for an annual pass all at once, you shouldn't be getting one.
    It is really no different than putting it on a credit card (though the Disney version of installments comes interest free). This is a marketing bonanza for WDW. Many people who may have been on the fence about getting a pass will now be persuaded to get one. And since many of the "locals" in Florida don't live in Orlando and are in fact quite far away, I don't think they are as likely to make frequent visits as the Millions of Disneyland locals (who are quite close). I just have a feeling that this will be a cash cow for Florida that they could really use at the moment.

Keep in mind that lots of passholders and repeat visits are what has been driving the little changes and updates to Disneyland's classic attractions. With a growing base of DVC members and APs in Florida, perhaps we'll finally start seeing some positive change there as well.

If they don't push the program too far, this could be a VERY good thing for WDW.
    Find us on Facebook:

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post

Just because someone prefers the payment plan, doesn't mean they can't afford to buy the AP outright. I purchase mine every year but sometimes it takes an extra month or so for me to save up the money. With the payment plan, that gets alleviated, especially if its interest free.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Sorry to contradict you Bill, but your are incorrect, You ARE able to pay for the Disneyland portion of your Premier Pass on installments is you are a Disneyland local. I know because I AM doing so right now on my Premier pass. The Disney World portion needs to be paid in a lump sum. However, it might be possible for the entire pass to be paid on installments once Disney World implements their own installment plan. We shall see.
    That's interesting because it contradicts Disney's internal & public policy on Premier Passes. Regardless, I believe you, but that shouldn't be happening. I will investigate.
    -Bill

• Happy Memories

I like the sound of this. I struggle with the decision to pay out all that money each time I come due for renewal. That doesn't mean I can't afford it, just that when I see that price in one lump sum I think twice and hesitate. Even if it's only in my own mind, the option of it being broken into payments makes it much easier to swallow. It's also a good way for Disney to stay competitive with their neighbors. Busch has offered monthly payments for years and Universal also offers the option. I don't always take advantage of that option, but it's nice to have it available (especially since my WDW pass is more expensive than my Busch and Universal passes combined).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast