View Poll Results: Which atteaction from Yesterland would you want back?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • ExtraTERRORetrial Alien Encounter

7 11.86%
  • Horizons

17 28.81%
  • Take Flight

0 0%
  • Legend of the Lion King (Where Mickey's Philhar Magic is now.)

0 0%
  • Food Rocks!

1 1.69%
  • World of Motion

2 3.39%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

18 30.51%
  • The Timekeeper

0 0%
  • Skyway

5 8.47%
  • Journey Into Imagination (Original version)

9 15.25%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: If you could bring back ONE attraction from Yesterland, which would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by santadog View Post
    My choice would be the Captain Nemo Subs: hands down. Since it wasn't an option, I didn't vote.
    Sorry; but I was only allowed so many choices to put on the poll.

• Metro-Retro Historian

I wonder if the vote would look any different if it meant removing the attraction that replaced it.

Mr. Toad at Disneyland is ok, but for me it's still no substitute for the 2 track Florida version. Ah, if only I could have voted five or six more times.
    It bothers me when people selectively edit quotes to support whatever point they are trying to prove.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride; I was 2 when I went on it with parents. It closed before I got the chance to actually know what was going on, but my parents said I cried during it when I was two. Go figure.

• Disney Podcaster

I would say Timekeeper. It was my favorite CircleVision 360. The problem with Alien Encounter is that it didn't have a lot of repeatability (sp?), though I really enjoyed S.I.R. Also, with Horizons; I loved it, but today would think it would be in dire need of an update. If the question is "which would I bring back" with no update I can't see going with Horizons.
    Looking for a great podcast about Walt Disney World and Disneyland; Check out our latest episode of WEDway Radio at http://www.wedwayradio.com

Follow WEDway Radio on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    I'd very much like to have If You Had Wings. My mom remembers riding it, (actually, it's one of two attractions she remembers from her first trip.) I think WDW needs to recognize the importance of the slow-down, relaxing attractions. It can't be that expensive, too, right?

When we rode Grand Fiesta Tour, (one of my favorite attractions,) for the first time, my mom said, "This is just like that Eastern Airlines ride!"
    Your mom is absolutely correct - that's what I get when I ride the Grand Fiesta Tour as well - some of the "travel poster scenes" (that's the best way I can think of to describe them) are exactly like the old attraction - the big difference between the two is the mode of transportation - Grand Fiesta, as you know, is in boats. If You Had Wings had cars similar to the doombuggies in Haunted Mansion. And- to give it that futuristic look (it was in Tomorrowland after all) they did things with optical illusions. But it was a nice ride on a hot day.

• Future Imagineer

Tomorrowland needs rides like that again. I feel the whole theme is kinda lost. I like the feeling I get on SM after the ride and when I sit in Cosmic Ray's and when I ride TTA with the narration (although I heard it's been changed since my last visit). More rides that go along with the "you can travel to other planets now just like you used to drive to grandma's house" feel.

Anyway, I voted Mr. Toad. Mainly because I wasn't able to ride any of the rides listed, but Mr. Toad sounds appealing to me. Although Horizons is a close second after what I've heard about it.

• The Study of Wumbo

Quote Originally Posted by inluvwithbeast View Post
    Tomorrowland needs rides like that again. I feel the whole theme is kinda lost. I like the feeling I get on SM after the ride and when I sit in Cosmic Ray's and when I ride TTA with the narration (although I heard it's been changed since my last visit). More rides that go along with the "you can travel to other planets now just like you used to drive to grandma's house" feel.
    It's the Tomorrowland of 1994. I love it. The theming, the setting, the sense that you really are in this fantastic, bustling metropolis of the future where different lifeforms, worlds apart, lived in peace together. It's so nice and whimsical.

It was present in Alien Encounter, the Timekeeper, the Galaxy Palace Theater, the last TTA narration. All of those are gone now.

The only recent additions that keep with the '94 theming are the Rockettower Plaza Stage, (that slideshow on the big-screen,) the Space Mountain refurb, (kind of,) and the signs in MILF that say "Tomorrowland Expo Center."
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Disgruntled Former CM

Smile Re: If you could bring back ONE attraction from Yesterland, which would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by GraceysGirl View Post
    That's a hard one for me. I voted Journey into Imagination because it was my absolute favorite as a kid but I'd also love to see Mr. Toad and Kitchen Kabaret again.
    Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit!!
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Mouse at work

Mickey's Toon Town Fair. So many memories...
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Can anyone guess which ride I voted for?
    "Those who say that something can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it."- If anyone know who said this, please let me know.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by RobotWolf View Post
    Two words: Horizons
    ^HAHA Awesome.

I was torn between Horizons, Alien Encounter and the Skyway.

I agree with one of the poster's above who stated the parks are getting away from those educational, relaxing attractions that people in this FL heat could definitely appreciate. It would be nice if the parks catered to every type of visitor but unfortunately that will never happen and things like "Stitch's Great Mistake" comes from that.

So I voted for Alien Encounter because I felt it got a poor rap and it was one of the best things to happen to TL in a long time. While I realize that MK is all about fantasy, I think this attraction would do well in other parks like DHS.

Quote Originally Posted by wumbology View Post
    ... the last TTA narration. All of those are gone now...
    "Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow..."
    "Your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring"
    "Please keep all forward-facing tentacles clear of oncoming traffic"

(sigh)

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    I wonder if the vote would look any different if it meant removing the attraction that replaced it.
    I didn't think about this at all. I love Mr. Toad but I also love Winnie the Pooh. That would be a hard choice.

I voted Food Rocks only because as a kid I loved it. I know it was not consired a good attraction but I would love the memories I would get to see it agian. But a close 2 and 3 would be Journey and Timekeeper.

• Favorite movie ever

Blog Entries

I would look to see Mr. Toad from Magic Kingdom come back. I've been thinking how it compared to ours here in California.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra5drgntKOI

I'M LOOKING THROUGH YOU...WHERE DID YOU GO?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12